Renaultsport Megane | F1 edition
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renaultsport Megane | F1 edition

Just saw this on the net... I wonder if this is coming our way to these shores... Looks interesting to me... funny what somepeople find in the dieppe factory...

So like a steve jobs ipod... time to sell those old Megane RS Cup's as they are are soooo old hat, time for the new stuff, you don't want to be driving something that old, do you???? joking...

Mégane Rs "F1 Team"

http://www.rs-team.org/home/home.php?p=17
    Lined up at dieppe factory

Advertisement

Translated????? french to english...

Benefitting from the restylage from Mégane and double title with the championship of the world from F1 pilot and manufacturer, Renault sport leaves a limited series "F1 TEAM" the MRS. The date of marketing of these new versions is fixed at January 20, 2006. Outside, Mégane Rs F1 TEAM lays out of an opaque specific color "Alpine blue" with a stripping "Renault F1 TEAM" on the front, back shields and the wings fronts. As on the versions "frames sport", the hulls of the rear view mirrors exérieurs are painted in black. ("Dark anthracite") the rims "Be-bop" 18"brilliant black completent the panoply. Internally, Mégane Rs F1 TEAM is equipped in series with head offices RECARO **** to bleu/noir and is characterized by a plate numbered as on the limited series "Trophy". Technically, there is a priori no evolution. Tariffs and equipment: The version F1 TEAM has its equipment copied on Mégane Rs basic. No option is proposed.

Or here
    http://www.meganesport.net/
    Last edited by Covert; 24th December 2005 at 01:24 AM.

They look hot! I love the colour and the black highlights (wheels, mirrors, grill), but I doubt they'll ever make it to Oz, LHD and even if they make RHD they are still 2 door Sports models which Renault are currently not selling here. I did say currently, who knows what Renault Australia have in the pipeline. Fingers crossed!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

In the interests of bandwidth saving, visit here for a ton more pics...

Some clear pics of badges and front decal...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Dear Santa,
    I have been a good boy this year....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    leave an RS Megane F1 under the tree for me. I promise with allllll my heart to care for it like it was my child

The 2 door Megane looks so good, makes the 4 door look boring, which it isn't

WOW that is the hottest pic I have seen for a while
    I doubt they'd even miss one little blue one, they have heaps of them
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Does look nice, but renault is becomming like holden every year or two updating models. Such are large turnover is only going to depreciate new models soon as they come off the floor and prior models as well.

Me wonders, are renault engineers not perfecting there cars that it warrants such a high turnover or is just done for monetary gains?
    04' GTi 180

I have to admit that I've never been a big fan of the Megane - but WOW that thing looks great.

I love the colour and the 3 door does look way better than the 5 door.. Just one thing. Can I have it without the Renault F1 colours on the front bumper?
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pug
    Does look nice, but renault is becomming like holden every year or two updating models. Such are large turnover is only going to depreciate new models soon as they come off the floor and prior models as well.

Me wonders, are renault engineers not perfecting there cars that it warrants such a high turnover or is just done for monetary gains?
    Dr_Pug, I would wager that Renault has been doing upgrades like that for a fair period of time as they are one of the top 5 vehicle manufacturers in the world. In Australia Renault have always suffered rapid depreciation and will always suffer it.
    I'd bet it is soley for monetary gains for sure. That is how big business works and good on them, they have to keep up with the other players as it is what the market wants.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Wow, looks pretty good and I like the decals on the front and rear bumpers!

Anyone reckon if we will see it down here?

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I reckon it looks quite good, the blacked out styling, like the black wheels, good for running soft brake pads and cleaning...

The front grille and how the silver intercooler stands out behind it, and the stickers are ok, I would have liked them on the doors like some of the japanese tuning houses do them, BUT I suppose it's easy to see the car in your rear view mirrors coming up behind you...

The interior seats looks really good for a main car maker, and maybe this is the next real attempt at getting the Megane RS into the realm of the RS Clio and it's sporting edge and feel, pulling it from where the the more refined megane has sat before...

I like it's maybe more simple sporting look.... How about some white stripes......

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    Wow, looks pretty good and I like the decals on the front and rear bumpers!

Anyone reckon if we will see it down here?

Stalled

Thread Information