Purchase a Clio V6
  • Register
  • Help

Icon4 Purchase a Clio V6

Has any one heard of one of the last V6's being imported into Australia.... If so any help would be welcome. Thanks

Advertisement
    Last edited by blackrmw; 21st December 2005 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrmw
    Has any one heard of one of the last V6's being imported into Australia.... If so any help would be welcome. Thanks

No ... not heard anything, but if its true, dont forget to tell us all ..... hope its in Sydney ...
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

1000+ Posts

Pretty sure its only private imports only...
    Then lengthy ADR & compliance issues!

Icon12

As far as I am aware....there are 3 clio V6's in the country...one came into Perth, one is rumoured to be in QLD & I have no idea where the other is (all were private imports)

there is a rumour that one is currently on it's way out here (private import)
    but I've only heard that as a whisper round the track, so I can't confirm anything

The only one I saw out here (at the renault launch) I believe went back to france.

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

I've still got my fingers crossed that that's what Project Poochie is...

EDIT: Just saw the update in the Project Poochie thread...
    Last edited by Poo-Go; 22nd December 2005 at 06:28 PM.
    Care factor = -273.15ºC

Quote Originally Posted by Poo-Go
    I've still got my fingers crossed that that's what Project Poochie is...

EDIT: Just saw the update in the Project Poochie thread...

Yeah I think Project Poochie is having lengthy ADR and compliance issues.

I Wonder why? P.I. ahem...

Australdi, can you confirm if the other two are serie one or two models??? the third one maybe Colin from alpine affaire, he is importing one of the very last V6 Clio's out of the UK, he is the man to speak to about it...

http://www.alpineaffaire.com.au/

4 Thanet Crt
    Ringwood, VIC 3134
    Mon-Fri 8:00am- 5:30pm
    Sat 8:00am- 4:30pm
    Tel: (03) 9879-1961
    Fax: (03) 9879-1403

Icon12

I believe that 2 of them are most likely series ones, not sure about the third...and I wasn't going to name names on the fourth , which rumour has it is one of the last production

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    I believe that 2 of them are most likely series ones, not sure about the third...and I wasn't going to name names on the fourth , which rumour has it is one of the last production

Aus
    OK, if someone knows when its arriving at Ringwood (alpine affaire) I am very there with a camera!!!!
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

al

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    Australdi, can you confirm if the other two are serie one or two models??? the third one maybe Colin from alpine affaire, he is importing one of the very last V6 Clio's out of the UK, he is the man to speak to about it...

http://www.alpineaffaire.com.au/

4 Thanet Crt
    Ringwood, VIC 3134
    Mon-Fri 8:00am- 5:30pm
    Sat 8:00am- 4:30pm
    Tel: (03) 9879-1961
    Fax: (03) 9879-1403
    Covert, are you colin? I don't know why, but i have thought this in the past...

Anyway, i overheard him discussing this on the phone yesterday... (i wasn't sticking my nose in - he talks loud!) I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not, but hopefully this is true.
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Covert is not Colin, and Colin is a cool dude, he's pretty open and ok about things, I am sure this is not a huge secret thing, he is just bringing in a Clio, yeh as I understand it maybe one or the last one's of the production line, so thats cool for the guy who's buying it.

If you are interested in seeing it, just ask colin, or wait and see if it turns up to the French Car Car... thats half the fun in going to the events...

I met a guy in paris who owned a Clio V6 series one, what I think alot of people don't realise was that most were sold in England, Germany, Switerland, Italy and spain I think he said, there were only 5 or 6 in france.... and the series one was full of quality control problems, as he said the car was fast and great, but had so many problems he was having serious doubts about the series two, he had seen a preview of it, TWR really stuffed up the production of the series one, so I would only go for the series two Clio V6's.

But then again you need the $$$$ to do any of this...

http://www.k-tecracing.com/cars_for_sale.asp

CLIO V6 MK 2 255 BHP
    Year: 2003
    Spec: Black Gold, with contrasting silver side pods, upgraded stereo, climate control, electric windows, central locking, leather/suede interior, tracker, KTR stainless steel exhaust back box.
    Tax: 4 Months
    MOT: N/A
    Mileage: 8000
    Price: 18,995 uk pounds = 45,124 aud
    Comments: Immaculate condition and drives like new. Balance of manufacturers warranty.
    Further info: Please phone 01202 855020 - [email protected]

CLIO V6 Mk1 3.0l 230bhp model
    Year: 2002
    Spec: Clio Mk1 V6, FRSH, completely standard car with electric windows, central locking, air conditioning, stereo, partial leather, 6 speed gearbox.
    Tax: 6 Months
    MOT: 12 months
    Mileage: 23000
    Price: 13,495 uk pounds = 32,086 aud
    Comments: The car has just had 4 new tyres and drives very well indeed. It was purchased from a Renault main dealer by its last owner in March 2005 for £17,000.
    Further info: Please phone 01202 820800 - [email protected]
    Last edited by Covert; 24th December 2005 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    .... and the series one was full of quality control problems, as he said the car was fast and great, but had so many problems he was having serious doubts about the series two, he had seen a preview of it, TWR really stuffed up the production of the series one, so I would only go for the series two Clio V6's.
    Ooo I reckon I'd be happy with a series one :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

How many series one and two cars were made?

I have to admit - If i were to bring in a car from the UK, I would look closely at a Avantime for sure

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Tadpole

Default importing V6

Hi blackrmw

Talk to me about importing a V6 as I am going to gey one shortly and have been doing my home work.
    Had another MK 1 offered to me for AUD $29,000 landed from Japan but I want a 255.
    Boydy

The problem isn't importing one, it's getting it registered.

As far as I know, you have to live in the country you are importing it from for over 12 months.

I hope you get around it though!

It would be possible to get it imported and complied under the SEVS arrangement, the same as how late model Skylines are brought in, only that with the V6 Clio it has not been commonly done and so I expect there may be some teething probs.

Under SEVS you would have to replace the brake hoses and seatbelts, all fluids and airfilter and cat, pass an emissions test for noise and gases, and put in a small filler neck for the fuel tank among other things. It does seem to be a little silly to replace these parts that may only be 2 years old, but they are the rules as I understand them.

Maybe a Clio V6 to replace the Alpine?
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Are there any Clio V6s in NZ? I remember when i was over there they were listed in dealer brochures, but i never saw any on the road. One of them could convince me to work there for a year
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

The only one I saw out here (at the renault launch) I believe went back to france.
    I saw a few in France while I was there. One was parked in a terrible position on the road. It was in Chateaubriand in the south.

moosey

Quote Originally Posted by lucin
    Are there any Clio V6s in NZ? I remember when i was over there they were listed in dealer brochures, but i never saw any on the road. One of them could convince me to work there for a year
    Was in NZ over Christmas/NYear and thumbed through one of the local motoring rags. The vehicle listing in the back showed the V6 as part of the Renault range with a P.O.A sitting alongside it. So I guess that they'll order one for you with a large deposit!!!

Thread Information