Renaultsport expanding range | pics...
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renaultsport expanding range | pics...

I was looking around the internet and came across these shots.... of course someone could have posted these already, but I had not seen the proto modus RS before... http://www.renaultforum.de/forum/ind...y;threadid=549

RenaultSport Modus...

New photos of the mode R-S and finally also a few basic data: Erscheinungstermin of R-S is angestzt against autumn/late summer. The technology is of the current Clio R-S entliehen, is is called approx. 180 HP 2,0 16V engine, 6 course transmission and Brembo brake assembly. All in all that car for which we already waited the whole time.!!!

Advertisement

This is a old one Renaultsport megane cabrio... good option if they ever did it, good against mazda mx5

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    This is a old one Renaultsport megane cabrio... good option if they ever did it, good against mazda mx5
    No way, I don't think it would even come close! As long as the Megane is fwd it will always be inferior. An MX5 competitor doesn't need the power of the Renaultsport motor, all it needs is light weight, rear-wheel drive and exceptional balance.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    No way, I don't think it would even come close! As long as the Megane is fwd it will always be inferior. An MX5 competitor doesn't need the power of the Renaultsport motor, all it needs is light weight, rear-wheel drive and exceptional balance.

I know what you are saying and I agree, I recently drove the new MX5 as a person I know just bought one, he looked at all the other roofless wonders.... mini to small, ren and pug to slow, audi to expensive so for him the MX5 was a good price = performance etc... I suppose I was trying to say a RS with no roof would be a good option for someone who wanted a bit more go in that sort of model and size of car... if you know what I mean.

Yes the MX5 was very fun to drive, it only had 50km's on the clock so it will be maybe even better down the track, handled really nice and interior room was quite roomy which was a good change.

Also what about the 4 door RS modus with a 180 Clio RS motor in it, seems like a wild child, I wonder how it would comapre to a 2 door Clio 180 RS in weight and times??? would any euro renault dudes be able to make a rough guess at the difference in weight, seeming them in the flesh. Of course the RS modus in not out yet but you maybe can give use a idea of the differences????
    Last edited by Covert; 15th December 2005 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    if you know what I mean.
    Yep, I do. There is a market for lardy and supposedly stylish hardtop CC's, and yeah a Renaultsport version might fill a void there somewhere. Judging by the current pricing a RSM CC would have to be knocking on the door of $60K+.

I have seen an abundance of Megane CC's lately in Sydney though, which is surprising.

I've seen a RS front bumper fitted to both a Cabrio (someone in Europe) and a sedan (Singapore) - easy option if you just want the look

WRT to the Modus pics, I like the one with Nervasport alloys on the back and Cup wheels on the front!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Not bad. However it looks like the current Clio will be the last sporty small car that is normal layout as opposed to the “tall” format cars that make you feel like you are driving a bar stool (it’s a real bar stard… sorry) Even the new Honda Integra, supposedly a sports coupe, carries over the tall layout from the Civic.

Thread Information