Megane dash
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Megane dash

Default Megane dash

Been reading a lot of controversy regarding OUR meganes grey dash, have a little respect for what has been said. I am going over to Dashboard Centre in Croydon tomorrow at 12, midday to see whats on offer, have made an appointment with the manager. Will give any good fedback if it is forth comming.

Advertisement
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Sorry I must have missed something what is the controversy about the dashboards?????

Default Megane dash

Have a look what our fellow froggy, Peugeot owner; has said on this web site. The dash is a touch bland, and I am going to try and spruse it up a little with the help of one of our designers from work.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

It will be interesting to see the result. Watch out for the passenger airbag, you wouldn't want a piece of trim being blasted off the dashboard during deployment!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Hey J,
    What sort of work do you do? I'm considering a dash mat for my 2001 Scenic as the 2 acres of black generate enough heat in the sun to warm a small country. I haven't looked into whether they are available yet, not that I am confident they will be. Are you able to fabricate this type of thing?

Cheers,
    Chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JROGERS
    Have a look what our fellow froggy, Peugeot owner; has said on this web site. The dash is a touch bland, and I am going to try and spruse it up a little with the help of one of our designers from work.
    Are you determined to maximise the car's depreciation?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Default Negitivity

Stew, pretty negitive statment, I adore the machine and own it.What I want to do with my Megane is enhace it to my criteria. Thanks anyhow.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Stuey is just jealous... like me

David.

Default Dash

Thanks David, a pure partisan, I will not put any parifinalure over airbag areas, not that stupid, what I am looking at is the centre section to cover in woodgrain or chrome tit bits.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Woodgrain... In a RS Megane...

Vive la difference!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Are you determined to maximise the car's depreciation?
    He bought a Megane, c'mon, why would a Megane owner downunder worry about depreciation!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Default Do not worry

Life is but a thread, had a 307 XSI 2002 model for two and a half years. Purchase price on the road, $38507. TRADE IN PRICE PLUS BEST OFFER PRIVATLEY GOING FOR $21000 .Who knows what I am in for in two years time.
    By the way, any one Know how many Renaults sold this year, or how to find on the WEB, vfacts is a hard road to find out.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

By the way, any one Know how many Renaults sold this year, or how to find on the WEB, vfacts is a hard road to find out.
    3041 vehicles until November 2005, slightly down on 2004.

Basic sales data can be found here

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Tadpole

Default I like the dash!

Geez I actually like the dash. I am however worried about the effects on the sun on it. Is there a solution? At present I cover it as best I can with a blanket ... looks weird but kinda does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Hey J,
    What sort of work do you do? I'm considering a dash mat for my 2001 Scenic as the 2 acres of black generate enough heat in the sun to warm a small country. I haven't looked into whether they are available yet, not that I am confident they will be. Are you able to fabricate this type of thing?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Is it same as 2003/2004 Scenic?
    I bought a nicely fitting light grey dash mat for ours last year, it was just an over-the-counter stock item (not Renault) - if you want more details contact me and I will look up where I got it from. It is moulded to the shape of the instrument binnacle and has cutouts for all the vents and the "glove-box" on top of the LH side dash.

BTW, dont put in a dark coloured dash mat - far from protecting the dash I believe the heat absorption actually makes it worse - this is stated on the back of some dash mats and I have experienced it myself.
    Last edited by Fordman; 18th December 2005 at 03:11 PM.

Default Thanks for the info on sales

Looked up sales, thanking you.
    Dash finished, changed my mind on woodgrain account of my mates advice, ie., he believed it would take the sportiness away, for better words.
    Chrome stripe (8mm) accross lower section of dash, with a LX badge incorperated. Chrome stripe (6mm) accross all doors, lower section. Chrome stripe (14mm) on both sides of horizontal section of consul.
    Chrome stripe (10mm) around section of both front seats.
    Will take photo, and see what you think.
    My son has borrowed my camera, but returning it tomorrow.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

1000+ Posts

Stew, pretty negitive statment, I adore the machine and own it.What I want to do with my Megane is enhace it to my criteria. Thanks anyhow.
    Sorry if it came across as negative. I was actually trying to help. I certainly wouldn't ever buy a car with a modified dash (to the extent you sound like you're doing it).

Go ahead and don't listen to me.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Default Stuey, thanks

Stuey, what I have done is removable, orders from the misses, she looks over my shoulder when I am on this site, she has a passion for cars also.
    By the way, thanks for your thoughts and MERRY XMAS.
    Picture will be on today.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Quote Originally Posted by arno
    Geez I actually like the dash. I am however worried about the effects on the sun on it. Is there a solution? At present I cover it as best I can with a blanket ... looks weird but kinda does the job.
    amourall etc ? keeps the dash looking sharp and prevents having to have a but ugly dash cover , most such products have UV protection etc and if used regularly should protect from most of the suns badness .

Cheers
    Dale.
    No substitute for C.I. ....except boost

1973 R17 TL - R18 turbo repowered .
    1989 R25 Monaco v6.

Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

renault megane - dashboard modifications
    Note chrome around seat top section adjoining leather.
    Note chrome on sides of centre consol.
    Note chrome strip on doors.
    Note chrome strip across entire lenght of dash, lower section, not near airbag prjection, with XL.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JROGERS; 19th December 2005 at 02:48 PM.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Administrator

I must have missed what was said about the Megane dashboard...

I always thought the interior of the Megane was quite sylishly subdued and classy...Then again, I prefer dark interior schemes...

The only thing I thought looked a little average on the Megane was the centre tower/stereo console which I though could've been finished of in a brushed alloy finish or similar on the more expensive models...

FWIW - The chorme isn't my cup of tea, as it doesn't blend in with anything else. It is hard to tell from the photos (and might look quite good in the flesh) but it kinda looks like you just raided Supercheap Auto and stuck on the adhesive chrome strips that would usually go around a wheel arch on a 1987 Camry...sorry, but I reckon the dashboard look good as they are.

If you want to make the dash stand out a little and retain the 'factory look' why not get 'The Dashboard Center' in Melbourne to do it properly...

Weren't you going to go there anyway, or did they do the chrome stuff?

They could cover the centre console and dasboard vents in a Brushed Aluminium finish (to match the door releases and pedals so it all blends in...)

Here are some pictures from their website. I've heard they do a very good 'factory quality' job..

Carbon Fibre

Brushed Alloy (I believe they have a few different 'grains')

Red Carbon Fibre...could match the seat stitching but might look a touch OTT

Last edited by mistareno; 19th December 2005 at 04:22 PM.

Thread Information