Fuego electric windows
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Fuego electric windows

someone mentioned that there was a thread posted ages ago on cleaning the tracks for the electric windows. I have searched in vain and found nothing... if anyone can help me out either by telling mhere the elusive thread is, or by giving advised of your own, i would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HoldenFreak
    someone mentioned that there was a thread posted ages ago on cleaning the tracks for the electric windows. I have searched in vain and found nothing... if anyone can help me out either by telling mhere the elusive thread is, or by giving advised of your own, i would greatly appreciate it.
    My advice.Make sure your aircon works, and dont drive into any rough neighbourhoods with your windows down.
    I use lanotech to lubricate.
    Jo.

1000+ Posts

Default Fuego - cleaning window tracks

HF

I cleaned my drivers side door tracks as the winder motor was labouring to close same, put the windows right down, brushed out the tracks with a nylon brush and used compressed air to blow out dust - checked to see if there were any kinks or bumps in the rubber and plush of the insert that may be slowing things down, then sprayed the inner track area with a silicon dry glide type spray.

Improved it a bit at least I don't have to pull upwards on the window glass to assist the motor now Mine is an 1986 P/Steer version and I have noticed the drivers window winder motor is much slower than on the earlier cars and the internal construction (metal) is much lighter.

I found this out when my sons (86) door internals fell apart and I took one out of an early 1984 build and the motor on it seems much more powerful and speedy when the new old arm and motor was fitted. Australdi's late 84 early 85 registered car has the same faster/more powerful winder.

If you take out the window system as per the Haynes manual, its a good opportunity to clean the tracking properly - quite a job to do on your own on a Saturday afternoon.

Hope this helps

Fellow Frogger!

Default assisting power window mechanism to get it up

What I did on my R25 that had the same habit:

- Take off internal door trim
    - Wind window up to highest point
    - spray teflon/silicon spray in felt channels that are exposed down below
    - Wind window down to lowest point
    - spray teflon/silicon spray in felt channels that are exposed up above
    - run window up & down a few times to disperse lubricant

Using this method my windows now work satisfactory!

Thread Information