Canadian Fuego Member.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default Canadian Fuego Member.

Hello All,

My Name is Ryan and I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. I have owned 5 fuego's in my lifetime and they have all served me well. Below is a link to pics of my first fuego.
    http://www.clanmedia.com/fuego/index.cfm?uid=44
    I have a 2.2L J7T Turbo engine in the works right now. In a few days I will post some pics of the engine. Hopefully I can be running around 200 - 225 whp when the engine is done in or around March. I look forward to being a memeber on this forum.

Advertisement
    Last edited by rage_rman; 9th December 2005 at 10:55 PM.
    1984 Renault Fuego 2.2L Turbo

Hello, and welcome Ryan.Thats a prety nice looking fuego.You'ld be nice and warm in it with Sydneys blistering weather lately.I'll look forward to seeing any photo's of your efforts.2.2 turbo sounds good.
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Welcome Ryan

Likewise Ryan a welcome to the Forum - like to hear more about the Turbos as these were not bought into Australia by the Renault importers (to my knowledge) I take it the red Fuego is yours also?

How many Fuegos left in Canada?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    ...like to hear more about the Turbos as these were not bought into Australia by the Renault importers (to my knowledge)
    ...especially the 2.2l Turbo Fuego as it never existed!

R21 Turbo motor?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

Default Argentina Fuego 2.2 Max

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    ...especially the 2.2l Turbo Fuego as it never existed!

R21 Turbo motor?
    Europa

The Argentina 2.2 litre GTA Max Fuego does exist. see westairs previous posting for the pics. The engine is sought after for that little bit extra

The Argentina 2.2 litre GTA Max Fuego does exist. see westairs previous posting for the pics. The engine is sought after for that little bit extra
    I see no Turbocharger on those pictures, unless there is another set I am unaware of?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

Default Agreed

I see no Turbocharger on those pictures, unless there is another set I am unaware of?
    I agree, but of course that doesn't mean one can't be turbo charged does it, the engine exists, therefore it is, therefore it is possible i.e. not beyond the bounds.

Now lest we put off our new member, Ryan we do have these little jousts, and maybe it was typo, but what is important is keep posting, lets have some pics and details of the turbo engine setup, don't be deterred

Quote Originally Posted by rage_rman
    Hello All,

My Name is Ryan and I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada.
    So we have our first Edmontonian, eh

Welcome to AF - I was in Edmonton a few months ago. A lot warmer back then than it is nowadays

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Now lest we put off our new member, Ryan we do have these little jousts, and maybe it was typo, but what is important is keep posting, lets have some pics and details of the turbo engine setup, don't be deterred
    OK a typo is when someone makes a typographical mistake when writing a sentence. There was no mistake, other than the one you made by failing to read it properly. C'mon Ken, brain in gear before you start on the keyboard!

1000+ Posts

Icon3 Re-read the posts Europa with "mind in gear"!!

OK a typo is when someone makes a typographical mistake when writing a sentence. There was no mistake, other than the one you made by failing to read it properly. C'mon Ken, brain in gear before you start on the keyboard!
    Get your own brain into gear Europa I was suggesting In my post that the original statement of Ryan may just be a typo with the 2.2ltre and so what?

If it is, thats not a problem for us, or you, to be pedantic about. Just get off your high horse for a moment and let it rest and allow Ryan to continue to post as some of us want him to.

Read my post re the 2.2 max - never mentioned the word turbo so a bit rich you resorting to insults.

Its not the way I or most other members like to treat or welcome a new person to the Forum - but I suppose we just can't teach you good manners or restraint while you have that bee in your bonnet

Wake up to yourself! Your pedantic nonsense is pathetic, why do you have to jump on every little statement as if the world turns on the issue.

Lets get back to enjoying our cars, welcoming new members and encouraging their use of the forum -after all it is the Renault forum and we welcome other Fuego owners.

Sorry Ryan - as I said don't be discouraged from posting by some stupid argy bargy.

Regards.
    ken.

Sorry guys, pics are sitting on my work pc. I'll get them up before Tuesday. As for the engine it is a J7T 2.2L engine with 8 valve head. It's the same engine that is available in Argentina. The GTA Max uses a carb whereas the 2.2L in Canada was using a Bosh L Jet Tronic Fuel Injection. Made a whopping 91hp stock. It was used in the Fuego for 2 model years, and in our version of the r21 called the medallion in Canada for 3 model years.

1000+ Posts

Icon7 Thanks Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by rage_rman
    Sorry guys, pics are sitting on my work pc. I'll get them up before Tuesday. As for the engine it is a J7T 2.2L engine with 8 valve head. It's the same engine that is available in Argentina. The GTA Max uses a carb whereas the 2.2L in Canada was using a Bosh L Jet Tronic Fuel Injection. Made a whopping 91hp stock. It was used in the Fuego for 2 model years, and in our version of the r21 called the medallion in Canada for 3 model years.
    Glad you cleared that up, I had come accross the I.S. note for the 1984 US Fuego 136B update to M.R. 238 specific to the 2.2 litre engine fitted to the Fuego #8980 000 202 issued in May 1984 - the IS note has complete details of the Turbo setup for this motor.

I think that Albert has also mentioned the 2.2 litre Max engined Turbo in his Froggy Forum posts from France and California. In the same IS note compilation (U.S.A. Edition 8980 000 111) the 2.2 Litre Sportswagon engine is also described and it appears very similar in appearance and description.

Were there any other modifications to the basic Fuego chassis to accomodate the increased power- On the US model the clutch plate was 215 CP 475 with a Diameter of 215mm (8.464 inches) 21 splines and the transmission NG3 066 (final drive 10x31 speedo drive 8x22 ist 11/45 4.09:1,
    2nd 17/37 2.18:1, 3rd 22/31 1.41:1, 4th 33/34 1.03:1, 5th 36/31 .86:1, Reverse 11/39 23 6.49:1)

Regards and looking forward to your pic's Ryan. (and I apologise for suggesting you may have had a typo in your original post! )

Ken

Read my post re the 2.2 max - never mentioned the word turbo so a bit rich you resorting to insults.
    All I said there was never a 2.2L Fuego Turbo, you quoted my response verbatim telling me it does exist. I then corrected your mistake. Perhaps I should have mentioned "factory built" to distinguish this car from the standard models.

Its not the way I or most other members like to treat or welcome a new person to the Forum - but I suppose we just can't teach you good manners or restraint while you have that bee in your bonnet
    I have no problem welcoming Ryan, indeed you will notice I asked if the engine was from a 21 Turbo, as IMO that would be an interesting Fuego engine conversion.

Wake up to yourself! Your pedantic nonsense is pathetic, why do you have to jump on every little statement as if the world turns on the issue.
    I think it's important! People who are new to Renault vehicles may be under the illusion that a 2.2L Fuego Turbo was a factory model - good to have the distinction so they know what to look for.

Obviously both myself and at least one other member are unable to comment on Fuego related matters without causing some sort of flamewar. I'll think I'll follow their lead and avoid the Fuego topics from now on.

It's a cool car Ryan!

1000+ Posts

Icon14 No mistake! 2.2 litreTurbo was Built in a Renault Factory

All I said there was never a 2.2L Fuego Turbo, you quoted my response verbatim telling me it does exist. I then corrected your mistake. Perhaps I should have mentioned "factory built" to distinguish this car from the standard models.

I have no problem welcoming Ryan, indeed you will notice I asked if the engine was from a 21 Turbo, as IMO that would be an interesting Fuego engine conversion.

I think it's important! People who are new to Renault vehicles may be under the illusion that a 2.2L Fuego Turbo was a factory model - good to have the distinction so they know what to look for.

Obviously both myself and at least one other member are unable to comment on Fuego related matters without causing some sort of flamewar. I'll think I'll follow their lead and avoid the Fuego topics from now on.

It's a cool car Ryan!
    Europa

I'll be as patient as I can - this IS a Renault Factory built 2.2 litre Fuego Turbo - I was quoting from the Renault I.S. notes and Ryan has been quite specific in advising that the 2.2 litre Fuego Turbo was in the Canadian Fuego range for two model years.

As to flamewars - let he who casts the first stone bear the consequences, except you pitched two stones this time and further still persist with denying the existence of Ryans vehicle as a genuine Factory built 2.2 litre engined Fuego.?

Now lets get back to helping each other keep these renaults on the road! and bury past differences!!

A 2.2L turbo would HAVE to be fun in a fuego , being a torqy engine to start with it would have to be a great match for a turbo setup , should be able to produce some serious horsepower/torque with very little mods .

Based on the R21 engine I have in the shed they arnt exactly a heavy engine either .

Dale.
    No substitute for C.I. ....except boost

1973 R17 TL - R18 turbo repowered .
    1989 R25 Monaco v6.

I'll be as patient as I can - this IS a Renault Factory built 2.2 litre Fuego Turbo - I was quoting from the Renault I.S. notes and Ryan has been quite specific in advising that the 2.2 litre Fuego Turbo was in the Canadian Fuego range for two model years.
    Whoah I missed all that, sorry guys, saw the pics with the twin webers and thought "No turbo there!" - then we are talking about Argentinian Fuegos, and my search only found normally aspirated 2.2l so I figured it must be a mod or engine swap.

As I said, I'll keep away from the Fuego topics now. Sorry to have bothered you all.

1000+ Posts

Icon7 We all make some mistakes - glad its settled

Whoah I missed all that, sorry guys, saw the pics with the twin webers and thought "No turbo there!" - then we are talking about Argentinian Fuegos, and my search only found normally aspirated 2.2l so I figured it must be a mod or engine swap.

As I said, I'll keep away from the Fuego topics now. Sorry to have bothered you all.
    Europa
    Stick around, your help in posting links has been greatly appreciated and we all make some mistakes.

Many a time I've stuck my foot in my mouth and been taken to task on and off the forum (by my daughter foremost ) and stepping on toes which I regret - but thats the real -time nature of the forum.

I might come over as a techy old sod, but, that's not intentional. Thank goodness for good humour!

Cheers

Icon10

Europa
    Many a time I've stuck my foot in my mouth and been taken to task on and off the forum (by my daughter foremost )

Cheers
    ...well there has to be one mature & responsible adult in the family!!!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Wow I guess I should be clearer.. The 2.2L engine (J7T engine) ie) R25, R21 Canada, Fuego, Fuego GTA Max, and Sport Wagon where never sold as a Factory Turbo'd engine. My mistake.

[quote=EuropaR21 Turbo motor?[/quote]

Originally I was going to use a R21 Motor but I would of killed myself with the power. Plus I would of hade to do full wire harness, tranny, engine mounts, and drive axels. So then I was going to do just the R21 12 Valve Head. Once again it's an exact fit but some of the coolant lines don't line up. So back to the 8 Valve Head. Not to worried. Should still make a shit load of power. You might of seen DAVID SIBLEY Fuego on Zareh Tashjian site. That fuego is awesome. He has full Discs all the way around with upgraded R21 TXi brakes up front.

Last edited by rage_rman; 12th December 2005 at 06:17 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Doesn't look as though the combustion chambers are natural. Have you had them ceramic coated?

Fellow Frogger!

Default 4 cylinder HP!

Seems an opportune time to remind people how much power can be achieved. How about 230hp from a naturally aspirated 2.1 litre, stock rods and pistons, VERY mild headwork, power from 1500rpm to about 7000 plus 21/25 based motor. Sure it is on Hillborn injectors and methanol in a speedway midget, but the work involved was minimal. How about this in a Fuego?

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego
    Doesn't look as though the combustion chambers are natural. Have you had them ceramic coated?
    Good eye. The Pistons and Combustion Chambers have been Ceramic Coated.

Fellow Frogger!

OK Ryan,

Now have you done this before (ceramic coat the pistons/chamber) and what have been the practical results or is this the first time?

Why did you not tank the block before reassembly?

David

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information