No more bruised ribs.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default No more bruised ribs.

I finally ejected the fuego drivers seat today, and put in something that actually fits my body.Those wings were bruising my ribs on some corners,and i know the fuego does not handle that well.Compared to an aftermarket jap seat, the fuego seat is bloody wide, and it took the best part of a day to fit.I still dont have it spot on,but i'll fiddle again tomorrow and see if I can make it perfect.There is such a difference to a skinny guy like me with 0% body fat being held by the shoulders instead of the ribs.
    Definatly a performance mod worth considering if you have issuses with the fuego seats.
    Anyone want any fuego seats?? have 2x good and 1x fair(hole on fabric from exhaust pipe)in grey/blue.
    jo

Advertisement

How did exhaust pipe put hole in seat fabric?
    Many posts seem to quote Fuego as good handling especially for an older model.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    I finally ejected the fuego drivers seat today, and put in something that actually fits my body.Those wings were bruising my ribs on some corners,and i know the fuego does not handle that well.Compared to an aftermarket jap seat, the fuego seat is bloody wide, and it took the best part of a day to fit.I still dont have it spot on,but i'll fiddle again tomorrow and see if I can make it perfect.There is such a difference to a skinny guy like me with 0% body fat being held by the shoulders instead of the ribs.
    Definatly a performance mod worth considering if you have issuses with the fuego seats.
    Anyone want any fuego seats?? have 2x good and 1x fair(hole on fabric from exhaust pipe)in grey/blue.
    jo
    Yep,

I'll take them as the seats in mine are stuffed & besides I reckon I have the right % body fat - if not then a few more will fix it.

Where in Sydney are you Jo?

Renpete

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    How did exhaust pipe put hole in seat fabric?
    Was it your exhaust pipe Jo?

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    and i know the fuego does not handle that well.

jo
    Hooray, Finally a fuego driver willing to admit the truth. The 205 now rules unopposed.

Jarrod

Ummm Just curious as to what kind off shape you are cos the Petale seats are very good, and i find them preferable to the Japanese ones i get to drive including my own Maxima, plus other cars like Pulsar, Bluebird, Corolla... I always get good comments from my passengers.
    Also while the handling of a standard Fuego on 185/65 Hr14s is pretty average, I've upgraded my Turbo to 205/45 Zr16s and now its just fantastic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods
    Hooray, Finally a fuego driver willing to admit the truth. The 205 now rules unopposed.

Jarrod
    Whoooaaa just a minute.You need to say it again, but this time emphasize the 'that" in that well.
    My fuego handlles THAT well that I couldn't enjoy it.All fuego seats of 20 years vintage feel the same to me.They bite me.The faster the corner, the harder they bite.
    Now, the hole in the seats happened when i first fired up the EFI setup, and was so preocupied with the joy of the achievment, that I forgot to look what was behind the car, and a stacked pair of blues had leaned against it.The fabric has sort of melted and so too the foam underneath.
    Jo

Jo,
    You can't wriggle out of it that easily

The emphasis was clearly on does not

Maybe you need to get your Fuego mates to proof read your posts so you don't bring any more shame to the marque.

Jarrod

Default Blaaaaahhh

It certainly DOES NOT handle THAT WELL now, because my ribs are no longer bruised,in my big baby seat.
    jo
    Ps have fuego,dont have mates.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Jarrods re-educated AGAIN!

Jo,
    You can't wriggle out of it that easily

The emphasis was clearly on does not

Maybe you need to get your Fuego mates to proof read your posts so you don't bring any more shame to the marque.

Jarrod
    Jarrods V Mistarenno and Australdi Through the twisties -NO CONTEST!! Fuego wins AGAIN! or should I say as usual!

Sits back and waits for Jarrod to pull foot out of mouth - Minties anyone?

Jarrod
    Jo does not soley represent the wider fuego community.
    He IS the Fuego Hoon of the Forum. I dint think any other Fuego owner here has claim to breaking the rear end, parking with a handbrake turn!!

Tho Jarrod, have you driven one? Are you claiming your pug can out handle a Fuego?? AND in the Renault forum!! Is that right?

For normal driving (skinny bugger here too) the seats in the Fuego are (almost) the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. My seats are reupholstered and near perfect, hold me nicely around tight corners. Not many seats I have sat in, after 4 hours driving, no back pain.
    I can say the same of the comfort of the seats in the 72 R16TS. Shame the Fuego doesnt have an armchair in it!

David.
    Last edited by vivid; 10th December 2005 at 11:06 AM.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Nicely upholstered body.

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. My seats are reupholstered and near perfect, hold me nicely around tight corners. Not many seats I have sat in, after 4 hours driving, no back pain.
    I can say the same of the comfort of the seats in the 72 R16TS. Shame the Fuego doesnt have an armchair in it!

David.
    < Snipped quote>.

I agree David and my body just fits so nice too and it IS well upholstered as well!!

Mind you its probably the jolt that comes as Jo handbrakes his turn and parks hard against the kerb that rocks the ribs (and XYZ's the rear axles!! )

I haven't tried that yet in my own car - guilty of doing it in a taxpayer funded car though in training exercises until for some reason? they banned that defensive driving routine

Jo must be a fan of the great American driver "Stroker Ace"

and just in case someone gets the wrong idea.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086379/
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Default re axle.

I'll let you in on the whole story, that fateful day.i turned up to a job at parramatta, and was very early.So early in fact that the management looked at me strange, and were not awear that I was working there.I decided to check my contract, and to my horror, saw that the gig started in 15 minutes,about 20 Km away, through peak hour. I ran to my car and upon exit of the carpark,couldn't find my ticket.After pleading with the dude for a discount, I begrudgingly paid my $20,$14 more than I should have.By this time I was absolutely spewing, and decided a big smoker was in order. I flattened the throttle so hard, that the nylon linkage to the throttle cracked, and when I went to change into 2nd, no throttle.Thats when the handbreak came on and I drifted into the parking spot. Nothing quite takes the wind out of your sail like a broken throttle link.You drop the clutch into second and instead of the little tweek from the tyres, you end up nearly going through the windscreen.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Jarrods V Mistarenno and Australdi Through the twisties -NO CONTEST!! Fuego wins AGAIN! or should I say as usual!

Sits back and waits for Jarrod to pull foot out of mouth - Minties anyone?
    You guys should be going Jo, not me. He's the one with foot in mouth syndrome.

Bring on the contest. As we're nominating drivers I nominate Casnell and the surface will be dirt.

I think I better go back to the Puggy forum and enlist some help. I'm feeling a little lonely here.

Jarrod

In the dirt I think an injected 504 would give them all a run for their money
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

Harold Ganeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    In the dirt I think an injected 504 would give them all a run for their money
    This thread is grouse. So this means that 205's and 504's are both better than a Fuego.

Jarrod

This thread is grouse. So this means that 205's and 504's are both better than a Fuego.

Jarrod
    It does?

Is this Pug logic?

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    It does?

Is this Pug logic?
    Its a pity this forum doesn't have Grammar check.

Should have read It Does!

The answer to your second question is yes.

Jarrod

1000+ Posts

Icon13 Nobble Casnell night!

You guys should be going Jo, not me. He's the one with foot in mouth syndrome.

Bring on the contest. As we're nominating drivers I nominate Casnell and the surface will be dirt.

I think I better go back to the Puggy forum and enlist some help. I'm feeling a little lonely here.

Jarrod
    Looks like its time to have a barbeque - open up a few choice wines and invite Casnell and Di for a late night session - challenge to remain with Mistarenno who will be the only sober one!!

O'h and while you are over there Jarrod bring back some good cheese !!!

Hey I'll put my unregged Fuego on a trailer and give it a go on dirt too.

Test the theory on 'Red goes faster'.
    Last edited by vivid; 10th December 2005 at 09:57 PM.