Renault to Revive Alpine
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault to Revive Alpine

What do people think?

Renault to Revive Alpine
    Autocar 8th November

Advertisement

This double page spread reports that Renault plans to revive the Alpine name to strengthen the link between its road cars and successful F1 team.

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ is where the article is sitting online

Last edited by Covert; 8th December 2005 at 11:01 PM.

I also saw this small article, if alpine is to use the 350z platform so far down the track 2009???, then this 450Z could be apart of the renault/nissan future tech share.....

Things certainly look interesting for Renault and what Gosen is able to do with is special renault/nissan magic parts bag or tricks...

-----------------------------------------

Standard Nissan 350Z not serious enough for you? Well, if you’re looking for a faster, hairier 350Z Nissan may have the answer — the 450Z.

So far the more powerful coupe has not been confirmed for production, but rumours from our sources in Japan suggest that Nissan is seriously considering it.

The 450Z would swap the 350Z’s 3.5-litre V6 for a 4.5-litre V8, already in use in the Japanese market Nissan Fuga and several US-market Infinitis, and in a 450Z power could increase to over 400bhp. There’s also the possibility of a four-wheel drive transmission.

Should it be built, there’s a strong chance the car could make it to Europe, too. Although the V8 doesn’t currently comply with Euro4 emissions regulations, the Infiniti brand is coming to Europe in the next 18 months which means Nissan will have to alter the engine anyway.

Good news, but maybe the worst kept secret ever! :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

Suppose at least the Aussies could pronounce "Alpeen", as they stuggle to much with "Ree Nult"...

Reckon it'll always be "Al-pyne" in Australia!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Alpeeeen???? .... I reckon who cares about how people say the name, I just want renault to have a HERO car that's a decent looking coupe, has good technology and as a responsible price.....

I don't like the look of the Fluence.... not very sporty, more like a Louis Vuitton bag.

and more importantly that we get it here in australia and not just for the euro rich..... I mean australia is almost as good as japan in sales.... we deserve it I reckon

I'd like to see a 4WD V6 turbo with a DSG type box...... or rwd for the drift purists :-)

What do fellow froggers think on specs???

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...?f=57&t=220335
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=20118
    http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/ne...82&ref=archive

huge list of alpine links
    http://www.amwmag.com/A/Alpine_World...ine_world.html
    Last edited by Covert; 9th December 2005 at 12:55 AM.

What is Ghosn thinking when he says that the link between a Renault F1 and a Laguna/Scenic is tenuous!? Honda promotes their lawn mowers to have F1 influence!!
    An Alpine is not an Alpine unless it is rear engined, but then again if VW can flog the New Beetle to be a direct predecessor to the original beetle, why can't Renault do the same?
    In our part of the world it would'nt matter what it's called because 98% of aussies would never have heard of Alpine and most of those who have would think you're talking about the Sunbeam!
    I hope Renault do go ahead with a front engined/rwd hero car, but I would have to wait for a suitable second hand one to come on the market for me to be able to afford one! Which would be 20 years down the track just in time for my 60th birthday! Bring on my mid life crisis!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    I'd like to see a 4WD V6 turbo with a DSG type box...... or rwd for the drift purists :-)
    Covert, I'm interested - what you think is a "responsible" (sic) price for a low-volume French built sports car with that sort of specification?

Default How long will my credit line be for a new Alpine ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Covert, I'm interested - what you think is a "responsible" (sic) price for a low-volume French built sports car with that sort of specification?
    Well Europa as you own a English luxury coupe price is a important, we bought these coupes second hand long after the fact, but how much for a new coupe, and engine variations cross maybe between 2litre 16V or V6T or atmo $$$

I reckon in the drive line it would be either RWD or 4WD
    Gearbox = DSG or similar .... 6 to 7speed is becoming the norm

So here goes
    type = "toyota celica" size coupe?
    2litre 4 (turbo maybe) 16V + 6speed man + RWD = 42.000 to 58.000 grand

type = "nissan 350z" size coupe?
    V6 (turbo maybe)+ DSG type box + 4WD = 62.000 to 78.000

What do you think, I know the prices vary, well maybe DSG could be a option over 6speed manual, turbo or none, and the leather options, and electronic driving aids???

looks like a bastard child of the new skyline, and a 350z

Sounds fair - but I'll be waiting for the second hand examples, as per usual! :-)

They're only going to sell if they're in the <$70K bracket.
    The last A610 had a price that equates to around the $120K mark, which is OK for the home market, and a few in the UK, but absolutely stuff all over here.

Also, I agree that an Alpoyne should be RWD, rear/mid engine, backbone chassis, plastic, and all that guff which ain't going to keep the price down...

But having never even sat in one, what would I know?

If they want to badge engineer the 350Z, at least they've started with something pretty reasonable.
    Stu
    2008 Grand Scenic
    2000 Xantia SX
    :2006 Disco 3
    :mercedes: 1992 300TE
    Previous
    1974 12GL
    1974 17TL
    1976 12GL Wagon
    1974 17TS
    1982 20TS
    1986 25GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Stu17
    If they want to badge engineer the 350Z, at least they've started with something pretty reasonable.
    Badge engineer the all new 2007 GT-R and hey pressto, instant hero car!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Quote Originally Posted by Renomad
    Badge engineer the all new 2007 GT-R and hey pressto, instant hero car!
    I have seen in the past a Option Magazine from Japan with a GTR's ass with a Alpine badge stuff on it as the centre logo.... so even the japanese are onto it... I think this some french charm and GTR underpinnings you would have one hell of a machine, and the fact that it's a step forward in technology would I believe be a good thing for the alpine name....

Like this Megane Trophy racer that has the nismo developed engine... no one complains at that

And the 2007 GTR look forward if alpine was ever to use the parts bin....
    imags from here http://www.r35gtr.com/

---> As the next generation GT-R takes shape, due to hit the global marketplace in 2007, one thing remains cloaked in mystery - the powertrain. Rumours of an 8-speed semi-automatic gearbox have been hinted at, while the engine is still very much a mystery, and will probably remain so until late 2006.

Nissan's award-winning 3.5-litre VQ V6 engine could be a candidate, coupled with a turbo or two, and things such as an increased stroke (to 3.6-litres) and even magnetic valves have been suggested. At the end of the day it could end up being a nat-atmo V6 with a sky-high rev ceiling for ultimate power, but whatever drives the new GT-R, you can be sure that it will be quick - those large diametre quad exhausts allude to something with a very big bang.

Check out nissan's official japanese website
    http://www.gtrproto.jp/ maybe renault will have one soon ... http://www.alpineproto.com/ ;-)

Maybe renault will follow nissan and offer iPod support soon too
    http://www2.nissan.co.jp/EVENT/MUSIC/main01.html
    Last edited by Covert; 12th December 2005 at 02:27 AM.

Pics weren't there, didn't load last time I looked.
    WOW sexy.. .I say go for it, give it a couple of years to take off and it'll be OK. Take up time may be slow but hopefully that will change. Renault need more marketing punch in Aus!! In Qld the main ad's you see/hear are for the commercial range and I am sure it's propping the whole marque up.
    Give the car some sort of 'quassy' Rice boy appeal and it'll sell like a Hyundai or Daewoo then they will be set. Don't let the rice boys kleep thm though, just have them help brand awareness then bann them from ownership.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Thread Information