505gti manifold on a fuego
  • Register
  • Help

Default 505gti manifold on a fuego

I was told that a manifold from a 505gti would bolt straight on to a fuego engine, this was verified by the exhaust guy that was working on my car, but i ran in to a problem with the pipe going from the exhaust manifold around the back of the engine to the carby.

My question is.....Do i need that pipe that goes from the manifold to the carby or where ever it leads to. can i block it off or should i just leave it open or do i have to find a way to make it fit the 505 manifold if i want ot use that manifold?

ps all the enviro pipes r getting welded shut

Advertisement

Administrator

I just removed it all together and it made no difference whatsoever which probably means it wasn't working beforehand...

You will also need to re shape the coolant pipe.

I'd buy another coolant pipe from the wrecker so you can refit it if all else fails...

Default Manifold...

DragoN,
    Please dont weld up your "enviro" pipes. It's not a good look!
    If you take the manifold and pipes to your local hydraulic shop ie ENZED or Pirtek they should have some nice neat blanking plugs to give your engine the professional look.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    DragoN,
    Please dont weld up your "enviro" pipes. It's not a good look!
    If you take the manifold and pipes to your local hydraulic shop ie ENZED or Pirtek they should have some nice neat blanking plugs to give your engine the professional look.
    I suppose you could do that, but bearing in mind they are located on the bottom of the exhaust runners and are impossible to see, it'd be a bit of a waste...

Thanks for the reply fellers, Yay now i can finnish my exhaust :-))

Hi - your friendly greenie and ex EPA officer speaking. Predictably, I am going to advise against any disabling of anitpollution gear. Its there for a very good reason.

I have had 2 Fuegos over the years, and both had annoying running problems when I got them. All and sundry advised me to ditch the anti pollution gear as the cure, but I just sat down with the manual, worked out what did what and got it all working properly. It ran well out of the factory, so I saw no reason to change it.

Ran like a charm after that Its a reasonably complicated setup, but not hard to fix. The EGR pipe from the exhaust manifold often gets blocked, lots of vacuam lines get splits.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Thread Information