Warranty and service Test
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Warranty and service Test

Interesting test for Tynanns Service.
    I got in my 2002 RSC and as I sat back I felt the lumbar support collapse
    Last friday(2nd Dec) I desided to take it to the dealers to get checked.
    I must admit I had worked out exactly what the problem was as the trim on the back section of the seat is held on buy two elastic straps and is easily released from the lower half.
    I rang the dealer and asked if I could drop in and have the problem varified and get the part(parts) ordered. The y said OK 130pm.
    I lobbed ito the dealers at 1 pm and at first there was hesitation. then they wisked the car away from the service center and came back 10 minutes latter and said no prob they will order the parts and call me. They may need to order the entire back of the seat frame . Its still under extended warranty
    The reason for doing it this way I hate having to go back after the problem has been identified a week latter while renault give the OK and parts are ordered

Advertisement

Yes I identified the problem but it was friday afternoon and it was a dealer till recently not well know for Renault service
    I will keep you posted

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AU-YT
    Interesting test for Tynanns Service.
    I got in my 2002 RSC and as I sat back I felt the lumbar support collapse
    Last friday(2nd Dec) I desided to take it to the dealers to get checked.
    I must admit I had worked out exactly what the problem was as the trim on the back section of the seat is held on buy two elastic straps and is easily released from the lower half.
    It'll keep breaking.
    I fixed mine & had pics up about it, basically the metal knob at the end of the cable breaks open & the cable falls through.
    It worked great for a while, but broke a year later...

If you want it fixed then redo the design, & i also put in some extra padding for more support (was SOOOO good).

Thanks
    I intend to strengthen it when I get it back its amazing how strong 406 loctite is.
    The whole design is simple but the WW spring is quite soft.
    I like the idea of the extra padding the seat feels a bit flat for my taste.
    I will be interested to see If I can have the old one back.
    can you remember what it cost?

1000+ Posts

warranty... not a thing...
    but the mechanism was about $130 i think... they probably wont give it to you though

Icon14 After service warranty

Well picked up car yesterday and all is good but with slight delay.
    The car went in for the 50 k service (43 K) and have the seat lumbar fixed and the windscreen changed ( big Crack)
    The service was done the lubar mech needs to have the whole rear seat frame changed ( silly really the mech is held on buy 2 pop rivets) as a warranty I dont care it was fixed and this caused a delay as thay ordered the incorrect seat back as it didnt have the the airbag fitted. This caused the car to be left for a further day.
    Windscreen was changed and it appears all the plastic trim arrount the edges was changed. This is probably part of the deal and has a extra section on the top edge which I am sure was not on the orginal one?
    Screen was cheap $370 service $260. seat frame free.
    Ian at customer service was at great pain to say dont try to wind the adjustment past the stop it will break !
    Thats that except for the 3 days they had the car a positive result.

Thread Information