Renault R11
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Renault R11

Default Renault R11

Does anyone know if there are any of these in Australia? Especially the 3 door version. I've always loved the 11 turbo's that were the factory rally cars around 1987/88. They were very competitive on tarmac rallies, giving the BMW M3's a real run for their money. I've always wanted to build one, but have never seen any version of the 11 in Aus.

I seem to remember that they were sold in NZ, so perhaps someone from across the pond can let me know what their situation is over there. Mind you, I have no idea what it would cost to bring one over and it probably wouldn't be worthwhile. But there's only one way to find out - ask on Aussiefrogs!

Advertisement

There are at least three four door cars out there, there was one at the 1988 SA FCD, for sale with an asking price of $11K, more than a Fuego at the time. Not surprisingly it didn't sell and has never been seen since. There was at least one three door, but it had been in a bad prang at some stage and been poorly repaired, so the owner stripped it and diced the shell as it was so bad. None of the ones I've seen has been a turbo though.

Thanks Simon,

$11k is way past what I was thinking one would be worth. I'll keep asking around - doesn't really matter what sort of engine - an engine swap wouldn't be a big deal and its not a car I would want to keep standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby
    Thanks Simon,

$11k is way past what I was thinking one would be worth.
    Oh yeah, I'd agree totally! But that was in 1988, even then it was a ludicrous price.

Theres one up here on the Gold Coast and the owner is not Renault nut. He just bought it for a runaround.Originally imported from UK and a 5 speed 1.4.
    Its in pretty good nick with no rust and he paid $1200.00 for it.

Default How about a renault rally car..... maybe R11T

Hey alby

I know this maybe old info, but it's often forgotten stuff, the mikado racing site has some good french rally cars for sale, and has had the real deal R11 turbo rally cars on it for not much, maybe worth a look, simon is the man in translating the stuff.... the video site is a good one as well, lot's of interesing stuff....

Enjoy

Renaults and rally videos
    http://alexrallye.free.fr/videos.htm

Hey check this site out, http://www.mikadoracing.com/ it has a huge list for rally, racing, modified renault for sale, all types and parts as well.

Look in the classified ads section, button top left next to the logo

It has an english section and you can search all the renaults for sale.... there is some amazing stuff.... you only need the money and a container.... :-)

Check it out.... there's lot's of cars like below

I think this takes you to a renault search....
    http://www.mikadoracing.com/annonces...p?categorie=12
    517 cars in the list....

Titre VENDS R11 TURBO F2000 Modifier Supprimer

Réf: 55265
    Description 180 CV MOTEUR CUPISSOL CARBU Grpe A
    Baquais harnais NEUFS
    SUSPENSIONS ROTULES GRPE A
    GROS FREINS + FREIN A MAIN HYDRAULIQUE
    DIRECTION ASSISTEE
    ARCEAU SOUDE
    BOITE RENAULT SPORT COURTE
    AUTOBLOQUANT
    GROSSES CARDANS TULIPEES + GROS MOYEU
    JANTES+PNEUS
    PLEXI NEUFS...
    PRETE A COURIR
    REPRISE POSSIBLE
    cliquer pour agrandir
    Email [email protected]
    Contact richard 0495363559 0610903809
    Prix 9 500 EUROS à Débattre
    Date 2005-11-20 20:45:43

itre vends r11 turbo Modifier Supprimer
    Réf: 55593
    Description vends r11 turbo f2000/14
    culasse preparer ga. carbu prepa
    ga.pipe d'amission+echappement ga.boite
    clio williams+freins de clio
    williams.4bilstens. silents bloc durs+14
    roues monté en sec+pluie+pieces+divers
    pieces
    cliquer pour agrandir
    Email [email protected]
    Contact pas de calais
    Prix a voir
    Date 2005-11-30 18:32:47

Quote Originally Posted by Covert
    Hey alby

I know this maybe old info, but it's often forgotten stuff, the mikado racing site has some good french rally cars for sale, and has had the real deal R11 turbo rally cars on it for not much, maybe worth a look, simon is the man in translating the stuff.... the video site is a good one as well, lot's of interesing stuff....

Enjoy

Renaults and rally videos
    http://alexrallye.free.fr/videos.htm

Hey check this site out, http://www.mikadoracing.com/ it has a huge list for rally, racing, modified renault for sale, all types and parts as well.

Look in the classified ads section, button top left next to the logo

It has an english section and you can search all the renaults for sale.... there is some amazing stuff.... you only need the money and a container.... :-)

Check it out.... there's lot's of cars like below
    Thanks Covert,

These are great sites - lots of interesting stuff. Boy do I get frustrated at not being able to read french. There is so much good stuff around - I have the whole history of the factory 17 Gordini rally cars in french - its painfull trying to make sense of it.

One day I'm going to learn the language just to enjoy Renault's more.

Anyway, in the meantime I think I'll have a few very interesting hours looking properly at these sites over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK BIRD
    Theres one up here on the Gold Coast and the owner is not Renault nut. He just bought it for a runaround.Originally imported from UK and a 5 speed 1.4.
    Its in pretty good nick with no rust and he paid $1200.00 for it.
    Hey Mark. Thanks - if its a 3 door and he's intereted in selling I'd be interested in buying. Do you know if he can be contacted?

You'II like this article alby, if you have not seen it already

http://homepage.virgin.net/shalco.com/renault11.htm

Yahoo groups - renault 9 & 11 club
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...1?viscount=100

Renault 11 images
    http://www.galiciaenralis.com/Renault.htm#

Renault 11 Turbo with zender kit..... $1500 euro ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/RENAULT-11-TURBO-...QQcmdZViewItem

Renault 11 Phase II $4000 euro
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/Renault-R-11-turb...QQcmdZViewItem

These are old cars now, import and duty maybe even cheaper on them????

[QUOTE=Covert]You'II like this article alby, if you have not seen it already

Thanks a lot Covert - I have a copy of the Shalco article already. Its one of the ones that has made me interested in these cars. I had'nt come across a lot of those pictues before though. Some good ones aren't there.

Now all I need to do is find one and have a matching pair with my 17. I doubt its worth trying to import one as they'll never be worth much here. Too young for most classic rallies, so really only an interesting project on something a little different from the norm.

I love the Renault 11 myself. I saw a great white one in France 2 years ago in perfect condition.
    A great car and the turbo is good. There is a few websites on them though if you google search "renault Katriina".

Hey Mark. Thanks - if its a 3 door and he's intereted in selling I'd be interested in buying. Do you know if he can be contacted?
    I will see what I can do about contacting him

I will see what I can do about contacting him

Thanks Mark - that'd be great.

Fellow Frogger!

Hey there,

a few of these R11's come up for sale every now and again in NZ- next to nothing - well under $1000. For those interested quite a few good bits and pieces - including whole cars.. are on the kiwi auction website;www.trademe.co.nz

I just bought my wife a 405srdt on it. Plenty of cheap french cars coming of the roads over here at present- people often put them on the auction to get rid of them...

Regards Ben

I am unable to locate him. Tried a personal visit to his house and he has moved on the new people dont know where he has gone . Buy the way its a 4 door

I am unable to locate him. Tried a personal visit to his house and he has moved on the new people dont know where he has gone . Buy the way its a 4 door
    Thanks for trying Mark. Will keep an eye open for a 3 door - you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Renault17
    Hey there,

a few of these R11's come up for sale every now and again in NZ- next to nothing - well under $1000. For those interested quite a few good bits and pieces - including whole cars.. are on the kiwi auction website;www.trademe.co.nz
    Thanks Ben. Quite an interesting site with lots of Renaults on it but no 11's at this stage. I will keep and eye on it and see what comes up.

Tadpole

Thanks Ben. Quite an interesting site with lots of Renaults on it but no 11's at this stage. I will keep and eye on it and see what comes up.
    Cheers from the USA

We have many R11 cars over here and if there's a way to get one to you from hear cheap I'd be more then happy to help in any way I can. I actually have one, 3 door. These are very unpopular here so easy to get cheap. The R9 GTA is the only popular Renault from the 80's. I'm trying to find the wheels, and body kit for the Zender version pictured above. I'm told it was only available in Germany and France. Anyway, I live very close to a shipping port and if anyone wants to go to that much effort I'd be willing to help if you were willing to do the same for me if I found a car in your neck of the woods ;-)

I'm sure it's a lot of trouble but thought I'd put out the offer.

Your Renault friend in the USA

Herb Mooney
    "Brilliant"
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by mooneys
    Cheers from the USA

We have many R11 cars over here and if there's a way to get one to you from hear cheap I'd be more then happy to help in any way I can. I actually have one, 3 door. These are very unpopular here so easy to get cheap. The R9 GTA is the only popular Renault from the 80's. I'm trying to find the wheels, and body kit for the Zender version pictured above. I'm told it was only available in Germany and France. Anyway, I live very close to a shipping port and if anyone wants to go to that much effort I'd be willing to help if you were willing to do the same for me if I found a car in your neck of the woods ;-)

I'm sure it's a lot of trouble but thought I'd put out the offer.

Your Renault friend in the USA

Herb Mooney
    "Brilliant"
    USA
    Hi Herb,

Thanks for the offer but shipping from the USA to here is way too expensive for one of these cars. It only works out well for slightly more expensive cars that will actually have some value when landed here. All your 60's onwards muscle cars are good examples. An R11 would not be worth anymore here than in the States - I'm only interested in one because I think it would be a fun project, but not one I'm prepared to spend too much on to make it happen.

As for help the other way, I, and I'm sure many others, would be happy to help if there's a car in Australia you're interested in. Its all part of the fun of being a mad car enthusiast. So, if there's anything in the Melbourne area you're interested in, give me a pm and I'll be happy to do what I can to assist.

Cheers
    Alby

Thread Information