A couple of weeks ago I broke down on the Hume Hwy just outside Holbrook NSW. It turned out to be a fuel pump that was intermttently supplying fuel. This was on a Thursday afternoon which meant a weekend stuck in Holbrook!! waiting for the part to come from Melbourne.
The spares man at City Automobiles in Richmond Vic,--Mr Mike Humar was very helpful sourcing the relevant part from Renault Aust & sending it so quickly considering it was a weekend. He kept me informed as to where & when the Pump would arrive. Great Service!!
The cost, almost $700 which hurt!! (warranty expired in Feb this year)
However beggars can't be choosers .
I have since found that it may be possible to get an aftermarket replacement pump motor which may be of assistance to other owners. I will forward more info per this forum,
The Holbrookl NRMA depot staff were great & most helpful
Holbrook was a delightful little town to be stuck in .The local Ag show was on over the weekend & was a delight. Also we manged to get to Dan Morgans lookout which is worthwhile
The small Submarine museum behind & to the left of HMAS Oxley (the submarine in the park)is very worthwhile.
If you are having mechanical problems have them in Holbrook .
As much as I like the Scenic, dealers & parts are scarce on the ground outside Metro areas

Advertisement