so you cant change anything!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default so you cant change anything!

I just received a reply from renault france to my question if I could change rear muffler or ask renault to do the new suspensions mods as per cup.
    Answer is no ... cant do anything without affecting warranty ... cant even ask renault to do their own designed mods to suspension. *sigh*
    Oh well it was all a bit academic anyway. Im quite happy with it the way it is, In a few years I will cut loose.

Advertisement

Renault would see the Cup suspension as a package, it involves springs, roll bars, bushes and steering rack and column changes, possibly even changes to the management system with the electric assist steering. It would be a big job to do the conversion, not to mention expensive.

I suppose they are taking the easy route by banning all modifications, if you are modifying, they may think it is for some ulterior motive such as for competition or record breaking purposes.

Probably discuss the situation with your servicing Renault dealer, espcially for mainly cosmetic items like the muffler. If with the muffler modification, the electric windows decided to stop working, there would be little chance for them to avoid a warranty claim. But say you got the steering and suspension upgraded to Cup specs using all the Renault parts, but doing it yourself, there would be a reason for Renault to deny a warranty claim on non operative windows as you may have affected the electrical system in some way. It is all a question of Renault minimising risk.

Default Rear muffler

I rang Renault regarding the rear muffler change and there was no objection, as long as the rear muffler was the only change. It was put to me that if an alteration to the Renault was proven to contribute to a failure, the warranty regarding such failure would be null and void.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Quote Originally Posted by arno
    I just received a reply from renault france to my question if I could change rear muffler or ask renault to do the new suspensions mods as per cup.
    Answer is no ... cant do anything without affecting warranty ... cant even ask renault to do their own designed mods to suspension. *sigh*
    Oh well it was all a bit academic anyway. Im quite happy with it the way it is, In a few years I will cut loose.

Is it Ford that identifies owner intervention points in yellow? Do anything else and you're cactus warranty wise?

I guess that it makes fair buisiness sense to do stuff like that. On the other hand you would think that it would be a profit opportunity to offer aftermarket factory approved mods.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Tadpole

Default on the rear muffler

if you change the rear muffler it is possible that through flow will change and that might have an effect on the operation of the engine or ecu. To that extent I think they say no. However it seems to me to be an innocuous and harmless mod. I really can't see the warranty being affected due to rear muffler change. Nevertheless they were quite specific "do not change the rear muffler or exhaust system".
    I have to admit that the whole package is already a highly developed one and all parts are interlinked. I think Ill leave it all alone until end of warranty then reconsider. By then others might have played around a little. A bit of a note would have been nice. Geez that reminds me ... i had the windows tinted ...uhoh

Thread Information