Laguna Head gasket thread
  • Register
  • Help

Default Laguna Head gasket thread

I guess that thread may have been pulled because of defamation issues regarding repairer/s.

I'm wondering if the head gasket thing was resolved and the car repaired for less than the mega dollars quoted for an engine rebuild.
    The problem was interesting - do the things require a rebuild if you blow the headgasket or not?

Advertisement
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    I guess that thread may have been pulled because of defamation issues regarding repairer/s.

I'm wondering if the head gasket thing was resolved and the car repaired for less than the mega dollars quoted for an engine rebuild.
    The problem was interesting - do the things require a rebuild if you blow the headgasket or not?
    I don't believe they do, unless there is a root cause of the gasket failure that requires further work. And I guess with these things, you always need to balance up the cost - maybe it's worth a rebuild due to the amount of labour required just to do the head gaskets.

To replace the rear head gasket, you do need to pull the motor/gearbox unit out of the car. Front head gasket can be changed in-situ.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Europa and Bogmaster,
    Yes you would peobably have to remove the engine to do the rear h/g in a Laguna with transverse mounted engine but a 604/R30/Volvo and any normal alignment of the engine wouldn't require such.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    You are correct BogMaster, we had complaints, and unsubstantiated claims.. so the thread was pulled.... probably later than it should have.

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Europa and Bogmaster,
    Yes you would peobably have to remove the engine to do the rear h/g in a Laguna with transverse mounted engine but a 604/R30/Volvo and any normal alignment of the engine wouldn't require such.
    No probably about it mate, the Renault Laguna MR technical manual says it has to be done.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    No probably about it mate, the Renault Laguna MR technical manual says it has to be done.
    Figured as much, well that'd account for a fair fee then.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Figured as much, well that'd account for a fair fee then.
    But nothing like the quoted rebuild costs.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

I believe the price advised on the forum was wrong. If you would like to hear the real quote, I suggest you contact Auto Paris.

I beleive it wasn't the only questionable statement made by that particular member... without naming names. Even so, should be very careful about what sort of accusations you start throwing around in a public forum.

Lets not have this thread binned to... easy goes!

David.