Megane Cup - got it today
  • Register
  • Help

Default Megane Cup - got it today

Tonight my garage has a hot looking Blood Orange Megane Cup in it .......Keeping the Scenic company.

Advertisement

Picked up my car today from Rick D, Thanks to Lou, the Renault Sales Manager who looked after me.

The car was ready on time, looked perfect and everything was done, easy sale no stress no pain ...... recommend any one looking for a car to talk to Lou.

Now .... the car ....... OMG how hot is this thing. I guess the orange attracts attention but it really looks good in the flesh and in the bright sun.

Took it easy going home, I was getting used to everything.

I am blown away by how well this car rides on 18 inch wheels. You feel the pot holes but don't bounce through them, very very controlled. The steering is firm and nicely weighted, but easy to park.

Since I was careful going home, no real idea on power etc, but boy it feels like it wants to hum ........

I like the fact that at 110 km, in 6th, its doing a tick over 2200 rpm ....... really nice and still pulls from their without any problems.

Overall the car is very impressive, seats are fantastic, even the std sound system does not sound to bad.

Now I have to go an work out how the Mio 268 Sat nav works, to many manuals to read.

I thought I knew everything about this car, but had no idea it had a auto dimming revision mirror ...Who knew ?

Complaints .... only one,

The card reader starter thingie ... novel idea, but pain in the bum ..... what do I do with all my keys .... its to big to be on the same key ring .

Cant wait to get this run in .........Think its going to be a cracker !

Dom

congratulation how much you pay for it on the road?

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by DrRenaultsport
    manuals to read.

I thought I knew everything about this car, but had no idea it had a auto dimming revision mirror ...Who knew ?
    Dom

I did! hehehe

Congratulations!! just wait till you open her up (throttle wise)....then the card on your keys won't mean a thing!
    you're gonna have a very happy lead up to christmas!!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

The card reader starter thingie ... novel idea, but pain in the bum ..... what do I do with all my keys .... its to big to be on the same key ring .
    Easy, don't attach it to your keys. Keep your other keys seperate and the keycard in your pocket, you won't even know it's there.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

I thought I knew everything about this car, but had no idea it had a auto dimming revision mirror ...Who knew ? Complaints .... only one, The card reader starter thingie ... novel idea, but pain in the bum ..... what do I do with all my keys .... its to big to be on the same key ring .
    Yeah, I've got the electrochrome rear vision mirror too in the 4 door. Its REALLY good. I've never found the flick position option a good one, usually producing an image that I find too dark, but the electrochrome type seems to get it pretty right.

You dont need to put the card in in Oz do you? Ok, you dont have proximity support for some dumb arse reason, but you should be able to just keep the card in your pocket. Oh, careful with what you do do with it though. If you keep it in your pocket and hand the car over to someone else for some craaazy reason, they can drive it off if its running, but then are stuck whenever they turn it off. The guy who sold me the Mégane said for that reason, its a good idea to always put it in the slot. Dunno..

Congratulations on the car Dom!!
    Last edited by Craig; 19th November 2005 at 04:10 AM.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Congratulations on the car

Thanks guys ......... i just love this thing.

I went up the street this morning for the paper and some bread ...normally a 2 min thing ..... 35 min later i come home ...... just cant get enough of it.

As for the keys, well i had all my keys on the card today, its ok .... but not what i like.

Dont want to carry keys, knowing my luck i will get to work and have lest the office keys at home........or something like that

Dom

Dont want to carry keys, knowing my luck i will get to work and have lest the office keys at home........or something like that
    I leave my house keys either in the car or in my briefcase/bag. Card just stays in my trouser pocket all day.

Prior to the Megane, I used to keep my house/car keys in my bag all day anyway, in a way the card is more convenient - at work I can go back to the car if I need something without having to ferret for the keys...
    Last edited by Europa; 19th November 2005 at 01:55 PM.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Default Good driving

Congradulations Looking back now, maybe I should have waited, the steering does not bother me but the supension is a little bit on the slack side, plus I like the 18' wheels. Good luck.
    Peugeot 307 xsi
    Renault 225

Fellow Frogger!

congrat Dom! I'm orange with envy! can't wait for the next 3 weeks to go past

glad to hear the positive reviews, esp on the ride. i didn't think it too firm but was baffled when the drive review claimed it didn't like the potholes and rough patches. I thought it did well, like the RSC, firm but not harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    congrat Dom! I'm orange with envy! can't wait for the next 3 weeks to go past

glad to hear the positive reviews, esp on the ride. i didn't think it too firm but was baffled when the drive review claimed it didn't like the potholes and rough patches. I thought it did well, like the RSC, firm but not harsh.
    Dont worry about the ride, its really very good. The Clio was much harder and because of its size you felt more of the bumps, after a while you get used to it .... So the Megane was a welcome change.

I spent the day polishing it ...... When you spend time, it really brings out the colour ..... and the grey wheels look good when they have been polished as well ...... well worth the effort.

3 weeks is not long to wait .... it will go fast ...... as fast as the Megane cup ......

Icon14

congrats again

i'm still thinking bout that hot blood orange i will get my lease figures, then...

e.sport

Thread Information