Renault at the Alpine
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon
    Posts
    5

    Default Renault at the Alpine

    Just a short note to let all Renault fans know that we have entered our R12 Gordini replica in the Alpine Rally being run by the Historic Rally Association at Lakes Entrance Vic on weekend of December 3 rd and 4 th more info available at the HRA website www.hra.org.au Love to see you all out there cheering us on John Carney

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnawynR12G
    Just a short note to let all Renault fans know that we have entered our R12 Gordini replica in the Alpine Rally being run by the Historic Rally Association at Lakes Entrance Vic on weekend of December 3 rd and 4 th more info available at the HRA website www.hra.org.au Love to see you all out there cheering us on John Carney

    Good luck John and don't break it, I'm running a little low on R12 bits at the moment.

    David.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnawynR12G
    Just a short note to let all Renault fans know that we have entered our R12 Gordini replica in the Alpine Rally being run by the Historic Rally Association at Lakes Entrance Vic on weekend of December 3 rd and 4 th more info available at the HRA website www.hra.org.au Love to see you all out there cheering us on John Carney
    I'll be there with Bazz in the 205, how many other AF'ers?
    205gti

  4. #4
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    I'll be there with Bazz in the 205, how many other AF'ers?
    I am stage commander for a stage near Bellbird Creek on Saturday afternoon and helping with another north of Nowa Nowa on Sunday morning.
    Driving the Sunburst Brown 404 .
    Graham

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    I am stage commander for a stage near Bellbird Creek on Saturday afternoon and helping with another north of Nowa Nowa on Sunday morning.
    Driving the Sunburst Brown 404 .
    Graham
    How much for the pace-notes Graham?
    205gti

  6. #6
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    How much for the pace-notes Graham?
    I won't know anything myself until I arrive so it would have to be organised very quickly!
    Graham

  7. #7
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thanks David C

    We have had the car on the dyno since I was over last and have developed a lot more mid range , so am hoping that the driver can do the car justice. I really should be replacing the gordini stripes before the event but will probaly run out of time. John C

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Glen Waverley Victoria
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh
    Good luck John and don't break it, I'm running a little low on R12 bits at the moment.

    David.
    Yeah
    Catching 'roos with the G is sure way to use up those spare front end bits
    Ron
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Well we had fun, broke the top engine mount on the second stage and nursed the car thru the day until we had a reasonable go at making one out of mudflap urethane (!) We then passed 3 cars on the first night stage and things went well from then on. More report/pix to follow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault at the Alpine-205alpine.jpg  
    205gti

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    You better not include the TR7 in that list we had a flat!!!

    Great roads, pitty about the control officials.. I am really not a fan of crews booking in early without penalty..

    Regards
    Justin

    p.s ignore the unofficial results.. we didn't roll...

    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Well we had fun, broke the top engine mount on the second stage and nursed the car thru the day until we had a reasonable go at making one out of mudflap urethane (!) We then passed 3 cars on the first night stage and things went well from then on. More report/pix to follow...
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin B
    You better not include the TR7 in that list we had a flat!!!

    Great roads, pitty about the control officials.. I am really not a fan of crews booking in early without penalty..

    Regards
    Justin

    p.s ignore the unofficial results.. we didn't roll...
    I think it was one of those events where you aim to have fun and ignore things like early book-ins, it got very confusing with blow-ins booking in ,didn't it
    Certainly great roads and great fun, glad to hear you didn't roll!
    What was wrong on the night stage?
    Chris
    D'oh! That was the flat?
    205gti

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Any idea if there are any photo's floating around from the event?
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  13. #13
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What a great event , we finally left the start at about 2.00 p.m and arrived back after the night stage at 4.00 a.m We were car number 80 and started day 2 at 45 which was great but short lived , broke the right hand C.V joint about 5 k.ms in . I actually thought that the officials did a great job under trying circumstances,\.

    The roads were just superb and the sound of the webers especially on the bitumen stage was the greatest music. We did more competitive km.s in this event than we have done all year and until we broke down had used up any late running time
    We will be back in 2007 and it would be nice if some other Renault people could come along

    Dave C i will need some 17 drive shafts , no hurry have to have Excel finished before we start work on R12 again

  14. #14
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnawynR12G

    Dave C i will need some 17 drive shafts , no hurry have to have Excel finished before we start work on R12 again

    You'll be lucky John, I think I'm out of them. If fact I remember having to order in some recoes for the last rally car a few months back.

    David.

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin B
    Any idea if there are any photo's floating around from the event?
    www.ozrally.com.au has a heap, including the Stratos
    205gti

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •