Megane 225/CUP Tyres
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Megane 225/CUP Tyres

How happy are you with the Continentals and Dunlop Sport Maxx SP tyres?
    Wet and dry plus performance in corners and take off.

Whilst I'm looking at getting a spare wheel for the CUP, I am contemplating trading the 4 tyres for a set of Michelin Sport if they work out cheaper than the Dunlop Sport Maxx SP (and if they agree to a decent trade in on the tyres).

I would appreciate all the feedback you can provide.

Advertisement

Thanks!

Tadpole

Default continentals

I have the contis on mine ... is anyone unhappy with them?

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    How happy are you with the Continentals and Dunlop Sport Maxx SP tyres?
    Wet and dry plus performance in corners and take off.

Whilst I'm looking at getting a spare wheel for the CUP, I am contemplating trading the 4 tyres for a set of Michelin Sport if they work out cheaper than the Dunlop Sport Maxx SP (and if they agree to a decent trade in on the tyres).

I would appreciate all the feedback you can provide.

Thanks!
    Man, dont do it !

Renault did not spend all this time working on the car with Dunlops if it was not worth it.

While i am a big Michelin fan, i have done some homework on the Dunlops and they are top notch.

Dec Wheels, do a tyre shoot out, and Michelin's come up no 1, but 2nd is dunlops.

Also, you can buy the dunlops for about $370 per tyre, and the Michelins would be more like $550.00

Why mess with something thats been done to suit the car.

Thats my

Dom .... 3 hours to go before CUP 225 comes home ........wooooooohoooo !

Icon10

If I had the cup I'd stick with the dunlops. The contis are good becuase they are long lasting. We're looking at getting around 35k out of ours (going on the current rate). If I had my way again, I'd switch to Good Year Eagle F1 DS3's, as they're my fave (in my budget) tyre currently. Dom has a good point with the Dunlops though, which must annoy Dunlop when they see the cup being shown with bridgestones on the Drive show
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Out of interest, can you get contis in Australia? I noticed that the size on my Megane is slightly unusual (205/50/17), wondering if it's going to be hard to get "non-contis"...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Out of interest, can you get contis in Australia? I noticed that the size on my Megane is slightly unusual (205/50/17), wondering if it's going to be hard to get "non-contis"...

that must be the normal megane profile. the 225's run 225/45/17. Not sure if that's an uncommon profile but I guess a lot of cars would run a tyre around that profile (WRX etc)

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    that must be the normal megane profile. the 225's run 225/45/17. Not sure if that's an uncommon profile but I guess a lot of cars would run a tyre around that profile (WRX etc)
    Mine are running the Nervasport alloys (standard with the LX pack Dynamique)

I've seen a few 215/50/17, but haven't seen many 205/50/17
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRenaultsport
    Man, dont do it !

Renault did not spend all this time working on the car with Dunlops if it was not worth it.

While i am a big Michelin fan, i have done some homework on the Dunlops and they are top notch.

Dec Wheels, do a tyre shoot out, and Michelin's come up no 1, but 2nd is dunlops.

Also, you can buy the dunlops for about $370 per tyre, and the Michelins would be more like $550.00

Why mess with something thats been done to suit the car.

Thats my

Dom .... 3 hours to go before CUP 225 comes home ........wooooooohoooo !
    i did think about this point too but i was only contemplating it if it made economic sense in the long term and I too read the tyre test in this months Motor magazine and I was impressed with the Michelin Sports as I always have been.

btw, it's past 3 hours, how's the car!!!!!

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    i did think about this point too but i was only contemplating it if it made economic sense in the long term and I too read the tyre test in this months Motor magazine and I was impressed with the Michelin Sports as I always have been.

btw, it's past 3 hours, how's the car!!!!!
    Yeah Dom,

how's the cup you lucky bastard!

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Thread Information