Megane 225/CUP Insurance
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Megane 225/CUP Insurance

What quotes/rates have you been provided for insuring the 225/Megane CUP?

Advertisement

I called RACV and GIO (Victoria) and was quoted $1200 and $1600 respectively! GIO explicitly stated new car if total loss within 2 yrs, RACV said car of similar value/state where available.

I will be ringing QBE and Allianz tomorrow. Any other insurers I should be looking at for quotes?

BTW, above quotes are for Rating 1 with no claim bonus (last insurer was GIO). Both include 1 free windscreen at no cost and GIO had an excess of $450 + $400 excess for performance car!

For my two cents worth I reckon give Shannons a call. I have my 17G insured with them and they were very keen to insure my daily driver as well. It happens to be a Supercharged Commodore 2004 model so they do new stuff also. I was wrapped when I changed all the details from country to city and got a cheaper quote than than lowest of all low insurers (AAMI). I get a free windscreen claim and also a smaller excess. All for $680
    Now its not a 225 but it shows they wanna deal.
    Best of luck.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Tadpole

Default go to cgu

just insured my new 225 cup with cgu . after my insurance broker tried a few companies and came back to me with quotes of around $1200 idecided i could do better myself. the first one i called was cgu. they quoted an unbelievable $593.88 or $49.49 per month.(no extra for the monthly option) this was with one free windscreen,new car replacement in the first 2 years, but no cover for drivers under 25, and a $400 excess(total). if you want a $200 excess it was only about $100 more onto the premium. hope this is of some help

Well i got a quote from NRMA, over $2000 ! are they crazy

Then went on line an did it for AAMI , only $1056.00 !

Thats more like it.

I will be looking around before i sign up .....

Dom

Icon10

I originally was paying $1200 for the std 225 with RACV. THis has now dropped to $800 as we're about to move to a "less criminal" suburb

Might be worth checking them out too, they were the best price by a long shot when I got mine at the start of the year
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Fellow Frogger!

did more homework:

QBE $1025 but extra 10% if pay by the month;
    CGU $996 for named driver or $1088 for any driver no extra for pay by the month;
    Shannons $1300;

all will replace new car if total loss within 2 yrs, choice of repairer, new parts and free windscreen per year. no loss of Rating 1 with one claim per year and no impact if not at fault claim.

I'll probably go with CGU then i can pay by the month.

Try insurance hotline, Budget DIrect, or insure it in your wifes name at 'firstforwomen'...all these companies require a record of 12months rating 1 but the premium will be about 30% below any other quotes.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Thread Information