Fuego Written-Off at 120kph...
  • Register
  • Help

Default Fuego Written-Off at 120kph...

I've just been trying out the new scanner using photos of my old cars. It dawned on me that we've just passed the ten year anniversary of my one and only serious car accident (actually I did role a Chrysler Lancer off Cambewarra Mountain once, but no bones were broken so that doesn't count! ). Thought I might share...

Here are the before and after photos. The accident happened late one night making a trip home from Canberra to the Southern Highlands. I had only days to go on my Thesis at Canberra Uni, and just needed a break - so to speak!

Short version - a Camry (just in left of After photo) decided to turn right from the left hand lane of the "freeway" between Goulburn and Marulan. Result: 26 metres of (brand new TRX) skid marks ; one written off Fuego ; a Collies fracture to my right wrist (2 ops to fix) ; and a Camry shaped like a banana!

Amazingly, the old coot driving the Camry had two young boys in the back and the latest wife in the front - none of whom were hurt. The driver had concussion from the B-post where 1060kg of Renault tried to enter his car. He was charged with making a right hand turn form the left lane (whatever the relevant charge that goes with that is).

Pity, that Fuego was a good one!

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego Written-Off at 120kph...-1985-renault-fuego-moss-vale-1995-.jpg   Fuego Written-Off at 120kph...-damaged-fuego-november-1995.jpg  
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Icon9 Damn!!!

that is so sad! that fuego looked beautiful!
    I supprised that the camry was recognisable...fuegos are solid cars! That camry driver was a very lucky idiot!
    which hurt more for you, your broken wrist..or broken heart!?

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    that is so sad! that fuego looked beautiful!
    I supprised that the camry was recognisable...fuegos are solid cars! That camry driver was a very lucky idiot!
    which hurt more for you, your broken wrist..or broken heart!?

Aus
    Turned out that Camry's are pretty solid too - sort of like those cockroaches that refuse to die when sprayed!
    Wrist or Heart? Both really hurt!!

The heart had to heal after the wrist - it's hard to test drive a manual car safely with one arm! The Fuego was able to be replaced with another Fuego (an '84) which was great. Missed the power steering though!
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Must have been a big hit, even the roof is buckled!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Thread Information