Kudos to Renault Australia
  • Register
  • Help
    Administrator

Default Kudos to Renault Australia

As some would know, I have been trying to get a new front bumber bar for my Fuego.

Advertisement

I ordered one through City Renault but unfortunately it had been sitting around for quite some time (volvo days) and had a few scratches and marks on it.

They ordered another one and it turned out to be just as bad...

I must admit I was about to give up when I recieved a messaged on my mobile phone stating that the warehouse had looked through it's stock and found none were in perfect condition so they had ordered one from France...

I must admit that although I was disappointed in the initial bumper, Renault's response and quick resolution was greatly appreciated and my thanks and recommendations go out to City Renault's parts department...

Fellow Frogger!

Richard,

I bought my RSC from City Automobiles and they have been very very good with aftersales service.

I have ordered my 225 Cup through them also, very easy to deal with and they don't stuff you around. Most of the sales personnel have been there since they started, so it's nice to deal with a familiar face.

The service manager is very knowledgeable and has had good training in Renault France. The only downside is with them being so close to the city, they are booked up very easily if you need a visit on short notice.

Address??

Hey Richard, check these bumpers etc out.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/fuego_...ofocusZunknown
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Fellow Frogger!

Yes I have had good experience with their service dept - fitted me in on a very busy friday afternoon to have a faulty coil replaced on my Clio.

But sales is something else again.

My recent purchase of a new Scenic was marred by disgraceful behaviour on the part of the dealership (the car took 5 months, not the promised 3, to arrive, by which stage my tradein had run out of registration so they decided to reduce the value of the trade in by $500, the cost of a full year's reg, even though the delay was their fault not mine.) I didn't have time or inclination to pursue the matter through small claims or whatever but believe me I tell people when they ask me about the car. So far that has cost the dealership certainly one sale (renault ordered through another dealership) and possibly a few others. On the basis of my experience, I would not trust them!
    1970 R12, stupidly sold in 1983
    1976 504, died 1994 to my disgrace
    Various cheap nasty fridges on wheels I'm not going to confess to and are long gone anyway
    2002 Clio 1.6
    2005 Scenic II

Fellow Frogger!

hmmm....that's interesting. i've bought the RSC through them (no trade in though) and had good service. they did tell me when i was asking about the scenics that Renault was having serious delays with getting stock in, especially the mid-spec model. they only had base model available.

i am disturbed by the trade in value reduction, should have asked them to reduce the price of the car too then, since you had to wait for 5 months!

Thread Information