Order Placed - Megane 225 Cup
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Order Placed - Megane 225 Cup

Well the deal is done,

Just ordered my new Blood Orange 225 Cup,

Pick it up late this week or early next.

Got it with

Window tint,
    Mio 268 Sat Nav
    17 inch Megane 225 wheel & tyre for a spare
    Boot protection tray
    Murcotts driving course

Advertisement

Could not think of anything else to order, all i need to do now is sort out the sound system an thats it.

Anyway ........ Cant wait !

But i will be sad to say goodbye to the Clio .........

CUP 225

Tadpole

Hey Doc, You've got great taste. Good luck with the car!

Great car.

Out of interest, how much for the 17 inch wheel and boot protection tray?

Fellow Frogger!

did they throw in the sat nav or did you haggle for that?
    i was thinking about it but i haven't finalised the accessories for the car yet.

did you enquire if the 18 in spare wheel would fit in the space?

i am picking mine up mid - Dec. can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by colincc
    Hey Doc, You've got great taste. Good luck with the car!
    Except for the orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Perinet
    Except for the orange.
    Its all personal hey ........ i like it an thats all that matters, but thanks for your

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    did they throw in the sat nav or did you haggle for that?
    i was thinking about it but i haven't finalised the accessories for the car yet.

did you enquire if the 18 in spare wheel would fit in the space?

i am picking mine up mid - Dec. can't wait.
    Had to haggel for the sat nav.

18 inch wheel wont fit, thats why i got a 17inch, they are going to give me a std 225 rim so thats fine, all you need it for is to get you out of trouble.

So why the wait on yours ? most dealers had stock ?

I sold the Clio, so now i am car less ...so i could not wait until Dec to get a Oct built car, so the may/june one is fine.

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by BlueyZarzov
    Great car.

Out of interest, how much for the 17 inch wheel and boot protection tray?
    It was all part of the deal, but i know that to buy the 17 inch rim its over $600 from spare parts plus the tyre ....crazy money.

The boot tray is $220 RRP i think, but worth it, i had it in the Clio, its great for things that are wet an dirty.

Dom

Icon10

Well done Dom, hope you got a good drive away price for it. No doubt you'll be the envy of a lot of std 225 drivers (myself included). I'm suprised the 18" wheen wont fit in the spare spot though, at least they got you a spare. I'll let you know about my sound system upgrade by thursday next week. Should be easy enough to get a fair bit out of it for under $900

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Fellow Frogger!

May i ask you why you even bothered with an alloy rim? Surely a cheap and nasty steel rim off a 1.6L megane would do the trick in an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by mantra
    May i ask you why you even bothered with an alloy rim? Surely a cheap and nasty steel rim off a 1.6L megane would do the trick in an emergency.
    \

yes it would, but if the dealer is happy to give me a alloy rim ....why not!

Fellow Frogger!

i'm waiting to Dec coz i need to sell my current car plus i'm changing jobs, so will be doing a novated lease at the new place.

i read in the uk forums that an 18 inch wheel did fit the wheel well, although it was the standard 225 8 spoke 18 inch wheel, supposedly 7.5in wide.

ok, i will haggle for the sat nav, not big on the driving course.

i'm very interested to find out about the sound system upgrades. i know i want to change the front speakers and install an amp. but i also want a changer and might have to install a small subwoofer for the bass. but i'm worried that most places have not installed a megane and may mess it up.

Icon10

i'm waiting to Dec coz i need to sell my current car plus i'm changing jobs, so will be doing a novated lease at the new place.

i read in the uk forums that an 18 inch wheel did fit the wheel well, although it was the standard 225 8 spoke 18 inch wheel, supposedly 7.5in wide.

i'm very interested to find out about the sound system upgrades. i know i want to change the front speakers and install an amp. but i also want a changer and might have to install a small subwoofer for the bass. but i'm worried that most places have not installed a megane and may mess it up.

By Thursday next week I'll have an answer on the upgrade of the stereo. I'm getting a few things done by a local guy who does work for Max Kirwin Renault. Should make a massive difference though.
    The advanced driving course comes free with the car too, its a great day.

Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

You should wait an see how David goes with his install, he is in Melb an i am sure he has a good guy working on his car.

The wheels supplied on the Cup are 18 x 8 so they are a little wider so that might be the problem.

Fellow Frogger!

sounds good. David, i'll eagerly look out for your update. i did once visit max kirwan when i had my RSC and was impressed with their same morning service while i waited! all this pre-xmas, i was most impressed while the other dealers were all booked and couldn't agree to do it.

i would rather send it to someone who deals with Renaults rather than any audio install places in case they damage any clips etc.

i looked up the meganesport.net forum again, and the post said the 225 wheels fit in with some space, i'm not sure if that is adequate for the Cup wheels. will let you know how i go, but having a spare is better than no spare.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRenaultsport
    I sold the Clio, so now i am car less ...so i could not wait until Dec to get a Oct built car, so the may/june one is fine.

Dom
    Don't rate your license will last long with the new car - the way you past me on the M4 in your wife's scenic last night!

There I was sitting on the speed limit minding my own business - first a rally R16 goes past, then a scenic in quick procession.

cheers
    Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10
    Don't rate your license will last long with the new car - the way you past me on the M4 in your wife's scenic last night!

There I was sitting on the speed limit minding my own business - first a rally R16 goes past, then a scenic in quick procession.

cheers
    Kevin.
    Kevin .........

Well i had to keep up with Stewarts 16 ......

You must live very close to me ? .... i am amazed that i have never seen your white scenic.

Dom

Only bought it a week ago - first time at a meeting

I went to bring the R10 but it wouldn't start and my jumpstarter was flat also. The R8 started but it looked like rain, and the mini is going to be driven tomorrow night so the scenic won.

Yeah, sounds like you could lob a stone into my backyard. I'll PM you my details, you and your family should pop over some time.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

popped into the dealership this arvo to order my spare tyre for delivery with the car. only 5 weeks to go, wohoo!

now to sell the mrs' car....lotsa work ahead.

popped into the dealership this arvo to order my spare tyre for delivery with the car. only 5 weeks to go, wohoo!

now to sell the mrs' car....lotsa work ahead.
    So what did you order, a 225 Std Alloy ? How much did it set you back or were you able to get them to chuck it in

Dom

Fellow Frogger!

i ordered a CUP alloy. manager is going to revert to me with a price, the RRP is $970 + tyre. once he comes back with a price, i'll see if i need to push it further.

well, i'm haggling for a discount, so rather get a good price instead of getting extras. the only thing i want to do to the car is tint (getting it cheaper at tint-a-car directly with RACV discount) and upgrade the sound.

i was contemplating the GPS but i found that i prefer the Garmin C320 so far but i'm going to check out the Tom Tom 500 since it can hook up to your mobile via bluetooth to answer calls etc

so i hope to finalise the lease by next week then sell the mrs' car in the meantime.

Fellow Frogger!

guys,

saw the Megane Cup in blood orange demo from the dealer tonight in South Yarra. It just looks awesome, nothing else can describe it in one word. it's just plain awesome!

i really can't wait now, counting down to the next 4 weeks eagerly!

guys,

saw the Megane Cup in blood orange demo from the dealer tonight in South Yarra. It just looks awesome, nothing else can describe it in one word. it's just plain awesome!

i really can't wait now, counting down to the next 4 weeks eagerly!
    I was not 100% at first, but i think i made the right choice on the colour .... have you seen it in the DEC Motor mag ... looks great !

Hope to have mine later this week ..... this not having a car thing is a pain in the bum. But my wife loves driving me to work everyday .... NOT

But at least i get to drive the Scenic every day

Fellow Frogger!

no doubt between the orange and the silver, the orange was the way to go for me

you're lucky you get yours this week and you've sold your car! i'm still working on that now.

the scenic looks real nice, it still has a lot of appeal.

Dom, you know what happens when you do actually get the car right?? It will have my drool all over it, so bring cleaning equipment.
    Karl
    -----------------

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information