Fuego resale price overseas.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Fuego resale price overseas.

From all accounts, as rare as rockin' 'orse dooey these days, but in a land where Beemers at 10 years are flat out pulling a grand, speaks volumes for this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Icon12

I'm confused...it's a GTX...but the motor is a 1.6?

seems that the rest of the world inflates the price of fuegos....of course, we aussies know much better they're a car that will never amount to anything! aren't they?
    Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Fuegos

Di, didn't you read carefully? It says GTS, and after the last few weeks I think that any discussion of the merits or otherwise of the Fuego is best left alone?
    I respect all views, have an A110, Fuego, Clio 8 and just sold my 5 Gordini/Alpine, so think I can claim some level of impartiality (except I obviously like Renault!)
    Also sat in the "other" side of the A110 on Targa NZ, but that is another saga!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    I'm confused...it's a GTX...but the motor is a 1.6?
    It's not a GTX, it's a GTS Basically lower in spec than a GTX and powered by a R18 engine with a crossflow head...

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    It's not a GTX, it's a GTS Basically lower in spec than a GTX and powered by a R18 engine with a crossflow head...
    How can it be an 18 with a crossflow head, that is like saying its a 16TL with a crossflow head.
    Or did the 18 come in crossflow form?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman
    How can it be an 18 with a crossflow head, that is like saying its a 16TL with a crossflow head.
    What was the turbo motor? 1647 with a crossflow head? This could be a variant of that motor?

Fuegos are rare in europe...like most cars of their vintage. Even back in 2000 I only managed one Fuego sighting iin 5 weeks. (2xR12, 1 x R19 in France- every second taxi in Spain, 1xR18, 0 x R20/30, lloads of R4's, R9 and R11, 1xR16) I could go on but they seem to turn em over at a great rate.

As for value. Fuegos are great value here - but sure as the proverbial they will get rarer, harder to find spares for and eventually reach the verge of extinction. Sadly the 16 is near that point here despite the fact that they sold in fairly impressive numbers at the time and the 12 is heading that way too even though there were 30 odd thousand of them sold here from go to woe.

20's are also an underrated bargain but they are basically at the cusp of extinction as well - I'd rate them with the 404 as the most brilliant touring car ever sold here at a price the average Joe could come at.

As for the 25 - it seems to be past its use by date by and large. You would have to love them and be prepared for the electrical foibles ( and the auto in most) rather than expect a trouble free run like you could expect with a good Fuego for example.

The 21......not enough of them about, the auto is a pain and they were never serious starters in Australia.

The 19 - universally slagged off as a slug. Capable of being reliable transport if maintained by someone who knows whats what. Auto box is a common fault.....just don't go there. Manual maybe.

Sadly I would expect that the same would apply to series 1 auto Lagunas.

As much as I like Fuegos...there has to be a point where a passion becomes an obsession. If you are prepared to do the hard yards and have the knowledge and skills like Ken or Richard then I reckon you would need never buy another car because what you will have will be just brilliant. If you are paying for the privilege of having a perfect car then pretty soon you will spend much more than the market value on bits and pieces. This is fine if you can afford it and/or will keep the car and get the value for your money...but for anyone else it's not a bargain.

The same applies to any of our older Renaults.

If you had half a brain and wanted a Fuego you would be prepared to pay good money for something that didn't need a lot of work.

Last edited by BogMaster; 7th November 2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman
    The 1.6L Fuego/18 engine and the 1.6L 16/15/17 engine are basically the same but the water pump on the Fuego/18 was relocated to the front of the engine...

I'd imagine that the 18 did come out with crossflow (apart from the turbo) in some variant but can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    If you had half a brain and wanted a Fuego you would be prepared to pay good money for something that didn't need a lot of work.

I cannot agree more with this statement. Spend alot on a fuego and you would be worthy of the half a brain award!!I have not seen this fuego you guys talk about. Does it exist?if it did exist,..can I see it???
    The fuego that I'm running now had reciepts since new from a certain reputable(lol)garage in sydneys west.It was the biggest heap of sh##,and was only kept ,over the others because of the sunroof.The thought just occured to me that maybe these repairers have a hand in the low value.The best fuego I've had, was written of by Mr road rage in his 4x4,and cost me $700. with good tyres(still running those 901's)Koni shocks, great stereo and a near perfect body.
    Jo

Icon10

oops! ..so I can't read!!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX

Tadpole

Default just bought a fuego

just bought a fuego for $1400 its in perfect condition except for the electrics....which is standard for a car of that age...... i am looking to do the car up..... does anyone know where i can get sports spoilers ??

Icon14

Welcome HF
    & congratulations!
    there is heaps of fuego info on this forum! when you get to 30 posts, you can access the toad pond & there is an old thread in there called "fuego love-in" which has a picture on it of a fuego with spoilers & kit....but really are you sure you want to put spoilers on it? they really are IMHO..."spoilers"

Aus
    Aus

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX

Quote Originally Posted by HoldenFreak
    just bought a fuego for $1400 its in perfect condition except for the electrics....which is standard for a car of that age...... i am looking to do the car up..... does anyone know where i can get sports spoilers ??
    In argentina they have GTA's

http://motors.search.ebay.com/fuego_...ofocusZunknown

David.