SOS Round eye R10
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default SOS Round eye R10

    Hi I have recently saved a round eye from the scrapa (I just couldn't let it happen )

    And the engine runs like a clock,but under the bonnet lies an evil large rust hole or holes what i need is i think would be another floor that someone might have on there wreck maybe? or just cut out the rust an fiber glass it, or get a panel beater to tig some metalon it but doing this way you loose the groves in the boot floor.

    Any help an advice would be very much apreiciated will put photo' soon. I mean I ve worked or luckily enough grew up around with plenty of Cits (real Cits!) around me whether i liked it or not! Grandma used to work for citroen (in France of course) 62 to 68 evan she showed us a few pointers(those were the days when car companys would send you to not only sell but learn about the cars and how to fix them so you know what your talking about!).But I really like driving this car (its soo much fun ) and would like to keep it, if I cant i can dismantle it take whats good.

    And did they make a gordini in this model?
    Where else do these cars rust mostly?
    Do R16 engines really fit in there?
    Does any one know where to get panels,doors rubbers etc from?(besides Dapco)

    Any help would be great thanks

    Advertisement


    Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOS Round eye R10-dscf000288888888888.jpg   SOS Round eye R10-renault.jpg  
    Last edited by PSvensson; 5th November 2005 at 05:02 PM.

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts renault8&10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSvensson
    or get a panel beater to tig some metalon it but doing this way you loose the groves in the boot floor.

    And did they make a gordini in this model?
    Where else do these cars rust mostly?
    Do R16 engines really fit in there?
    Does any one know where to get panels,doors rubbers etc from?(besides Dapco)
    Peter Jackson from old era in Berkshire park (or any good panel beater) could make a replacement panel with the grooves included based on a sample (ie your old panel cut out). I did this with my R8 restoration. Any secondhand panel is likely to have some rust anyway, so maybe the best way.

    R10 Gordini - No, for some reason they did a Dauphine G, an R8G, an R12G but missed the R10. I have seen a photo from the factory of a bare R10 shell with "Gordini" written in chaulk across the front, so perhaps he did do some sort of evaluation, but it never got produced.

    An R16 engine can be made to fit but requires lots of little workarounds liek relocating the radiator and possibly the petrol tank etc. It has been done, but not recommended unless you are very mechanically minded or have deep pockets - check with Dave Collier at Colliers automotive for an idea on what's involved.

    Panels - only secondhand I would think. Check to see if Simonetta motors in Brookvale haev anything left - they were cleaning out 6 months ago.
    Rubbers can be obtained (similar not exacts usually) from either Spectrum rubber in Dunheved (St Marys) or Mr Grippy in Rydalmere.

    Good Luck.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10
    Peter Jackson from old era in Berkshire park (or any good panel beater) could make a replacement panel with the grooves included based on a sample (ie your old panel cut out). I did this with my R8 restoration. Any secondhand panel is likely to have some rust anyway, so maybe the best way.

    R10 Gordini - No, for some reason they did a Dauphine G, an R8G, an R12G but missed the R10. I have seen a photo from the factory of a bare R10 shell with "Gordini" written in chaulk across the front, so perhaps he did do some sort of evaluation, but it never got produced.

    An R16 engine can be made to fit but requires lots of little workarounds liek relocating the radiator and possibly the petrol tank etc. It has been done, but not recommended unless you are very mechanically minded or have deep pockets - check with Dave Collier at Colliers automotive for an idea on what's involved.

    Panels - only secondhand I would think. Check to see if Simonetta motors in Brookvale haev anything left - they were cleaning out 6 months ago.
    Rubbers can be obtained (similar not exacts usually) from either Spectrum rubber in Dunheved (St Marys) or Mr Grippy in Rydalmere.

    Good Luck.

    Thank's Dude for your response how much roughly did it cost to do that to your R8 man that sounds like 4 gee's at least to re fabricate one .

    Daniel

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts renault8&10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSvensson
    Thank's Dude for your response how much roughly did it cost to do that to your R8 man that sounds like 4 gee's at least to re fabricate one .

    Daniel
    The actual panel only cost $100-200 to have made at the time (not installed), but to restore the whole car to concours condition cost $25k. And that was doing a lot of the work myself.

    Kevin.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •