R19 RT aircon
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R19 RT aircon

Tadpole

Icon1 R19 RT aircon

The fan switch on our R19 has decided to give up the ghost so disabling aircon and heater - fine for winter when driving along, not so good for summer!! I'm told that this may be a common problem and not neccesarily a fault in the switch itself which will cost squillions to replace - HELP

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar
    The fan switch on our R19 has decided to give up the ghost so disabling aircon and heater - fine for winter when driving along, not so good for summer!! I'm told that this may be a common problem and not neccesarily a fault in the switch itself which will cost squillions to replace - HELP
    Take it out and have an electronics technician look at it. Open it up and fix it - it's aready stuffed, so you can't loose. It might only be a small problem.
    I replaced a complete unit with a second hand one $150. A new one is 3 or 350. Should've fixed it then.
    Good Luck

I had a similar problem in my cit. heater/aircon fan. The fan motor brushes were worn right down. After a bit of scratching around the maechanic found generic replacements from an auto electrics supplier & fitted them. it's worked great (touch wood ) since

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar
    The guts in them goes and some times they can be repaired. Its most likley that a second hand one will go down this road at some stage so give the repair option a go. At least a new one would go for another15 years. could be worse it could be the heater switch on a series one R21. The series two R21 has similar controls to your R19

Thread Information