The wife is going to kill me...
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default The wife is going to kill me...

    As I've pretty much decided to keep the Fuego regardless of future car purchases, I've been on a bit of a Fuego spending spree lately...

    The front bumper bar on my car has a bit of a nick on the lower edge and although it isn't that noticeable, most bars that are repaired look a bit well...um...crap...

    I phoned up Renault Australia and they had 1 bumper bar left in stock in Australia and it now has my name written all over it...Hopefully it hasn't been sitting in a warehouse getting the garbage kicked out of it...

    Advertisement


    I also recently purchased a set of 14 inch TRX style rims from NZ which I'm currently getting polished up, I ddn't realise that the metric fuego rims were closer to 13 than they are to 14 inch. It explains why Euro Fuego's (in brochures) don't look as under tyred like ours do...(I'll post some pics when the wheels are done)

    All going well I'll probably get the trim redone in the next few months and the thing will look good as new again

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    6,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    ....they had 1 bumper bar left in stock in Australia and it now has my name written all over it....
    Why didn't you just get personalised plates?


    2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Sounds good Richard. Look forward to seeing this beast soon!

    I find it amazing they had a bumper kicking around? Given that its under new management and disappeared for a while there and all.

    I figured fuego's were like 505's in that regard. If the front bumper goes, you either get used to it, or junk the car...

  4. #4
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Why didn't you just get personalised plates?


    Nah, it's the cave man version of microdots...

  5. #5
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Sounds good Richard. Look forward to seeing this beast soon!

    I find it amazing they had a bumper kicking around? Given that its under new management and disappeared for a while there and all.

    I figured fuego's were like 505's in that regard. If the front bumper goes, you either get used to it, or junk the car...
    Yeah, I must admit I was suprised too...

    I am under the impression they can still get them ex France but I can't confirm that...

    I have also brought the fog light pods (although one has to come from France)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    105

    Default

    [QUOTE=mistareno]As I've pretty much decided to keep the Fuego regardless of future car purchases, I've been on a bit of a Fuego spending spree lately...

    The front bumper bar on my car has a bit of a nick on the lower edge and although it isn't that noticeable, most bars that are repaired look a bit well...um...crap...

    I phoned up Renault Australia and they had 1 bumper bar left in stock in Australia and it now has my name written all over it...Hopefully it hasn't been sitting in a warehouse getting the garbage kicked out of it...

    Don't get ya hopes up with front bumpers. I crashed my Fuego GTX a few months ago, and while Renault NZ sourced a new bumper ex France, it took a long time to come. I ordered a second one as a spare, and after 4 months it hasn't shown up, and no one is sure whether they're still available or not. Renault NZ seems to think I might have gotten the last one!! Seems to be whether they can find a frenchman small enough to crawl through the darkest parts of the Renault warehouse, and obviously not yet! lol

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,778

    Default Good decision Richard

    Well done Richard

    Good way to start the "family planning" establish the spot for the Fuego! For all the work and intelligent research I think it is a natural and rational decision,that recognises that you have more invested in this vehicle than you could realise in the short term (and the future looks good! )

    Lucky your wife knows how you feel about that car

    Couldn't be a better home for that bumper mate! Good luck.

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts BogMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Canberra,act,australia
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Well done Richard

    Good way to start the "family planning" establish the spot for the Fuego! For all the work and intelligent research I think it is a natural and rational decision,that recognises that you have more invested in this vehicle than you could realise in the short term (and the future looks good! )

    Lucky your wife knows how you feel about that car

    Couldn't be a better home for that bumper mate! Good luck.
    ]

    Just watch you back Richard...a well weilded rolling pin can come from nowhere......
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

  9. #9
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    ]

    Just watch you back Richard...a well weilded rolling pin can come from nowhere......
    She wouldn't hit me, she'd hit the car...she knows it'd hurt more...

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts Europa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    Curious: How much did the bumper cost?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

  11. #11
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Curious: How much did the bumper cost?
    About the going price of the average Fuego

    It was $392...

  12. #12
    al
    al is offline
    1000+ Posts al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    About the going price of the average Fuego

    It was $392...
    Ha. I had front bumper (with a running car attached) and i sold it for $450...

    Anyway, what is the deal with the replacement wheels? Everyone says bigger rims improve the handling, and surely your current ones would look better? If not, what about some hektik chromies like on Jo's car? They are really light as well aren't they?
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

  13. #13
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al
    Ha. I had front bumper (with a running car attached) and i sold it for $450...

    Anyway, what is the deal with the replacement wheels? Everyone says bigger rims improve the handling, and surely your current ones would look better? If not, what about some hektik chromies like on Jo's car? They are really light as well aren't they?
    My current front bar is probably very good by Fuego standards but I'm just a picky sod and I really wanted a perfect and original front bar with the proper grain and colour. I think that the bar on your car had been repaired and repainted.

    I'll probably store the new bar somewhere and just whack it on for club stuff because knowing my luck I'd clean up a Roo in the first week...I'd rather do that with a the current bar

    Same with the wheels actually, I just want something that will return it to standard for club stuff and I will probably put some really good rubber on the 16's for fun and just use the much cheaper 14's for cruising to work and back...

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts Europa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    About the going price of the average Fuego

    It was $392...
    no no, thats about 1/9 of the going price I think!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

  15. #15
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    no no, thats about 1/9 of the going price I think!
    Terrific...

    I got the Bumper deliverd late today and unfortunately, I guessed correctly, it's probably been sitting in some warehouse for a few years and it has several very visible scratches in the bar and the plastic covering had more holes in it than the local links course...

    I don't really know why the dealer even bothered putting it on the truck, no one in there right mind would ever pay $400 for it, I probably wouldn't pay $100 as damaged stock...

    It will be going back first thing tommorrow and I'll get them to order a new one from France (if possible)...

  16. #16
    1000+ Posts Europa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    It will be going back first thing tommorrow and I'll get them to order a new one from France (if possible)...
    That will be interesting, I wonder if you'll be able to get it...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger! Westair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    She wouldn't hit me, she'd hit the car...she knows it'd hurt more...

    My wife had one drive of Fuego and said BUY IT!!
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

    In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

  18. #18
    Moderator vivid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    parallel 43° south
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    My wife had one drive of Fuego and said BUY IT!!
    Does she drive it?

    David.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •