The wife is going to kill me...
  • Register
  • Help
    Administrator

Default The wife is going to kill me...

As I've pretty much decided to keep the Fuego regardless of future car purchases, I've been on a bit of a Fuego spending spree lately...

The front bumper bar on my car has a bit of a nick on the lower edge and although it isn't that noticeable, most bars that are repaired look a bit well...um...crap...

I phoned up Renault Australia and they had 1 bumper bar left in stock in Australia and it now has my name written all over it...Hopefully it hasn't been sitting in a warehouse getting the garbage kicked out of it...

Advertisement

I also recently purchased a set of 14 inch TRX style rims from NZ which I'm currently getting polished up, I ddn't realise that the metric fuego rims were closer to 13 than they are to 14 inch. It explains why Euro Fuego's (in brochures) don't look as under tyred like ours do...(I'll post some pics when the wheels are done)

All going well I'll probably get the trim redone in the next few months and the thing will look good as new again

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    ....they had 1 bumper bar left in stock in Australia and it now has my name written all over it....
    Why didn't you just get personalised plates?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Sounds good Richard. Look forward to seeing this beast soon!

I find it amazing they had a bumper kicking around? Given that its under new management and disappeared for a while there and all.

I figured fuego's were like 505's in that regard. If the front bumper goes, you either get used to it, or junk the car...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Why didn't you just get personalised plates?

Nah, it's the cave man version of microdots...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Sounds good Richard. Look forward to seeing this beast soon!

I find it amazing they had a bumper kicking around? Given that its under new management and disappeared for a while there and all.

I figured fuego's were like 505's in that regard. If the front bumper goes, you either get used to it, or junk the car...
    Yeah, I must admit I was suprised too...

I am under the impression they can still get them ex France but I can't confirm that...

I have also brought the fog light pods (although one has to come from France)

[QUOTE=mistareno]As I've pretty much decided to keep the Fuego regardless of future car purchases, I've been on a bit of a Fuego spending spree lately...

The front bumper bar on my car has a bit of a nick on the lower edge and although it isn't that noticeable, most bars that are repaired look a bit well...um...crap...

I phoned up Renault Australia and they had 1 bumper bar left in stock in Australia and it now has my name written all over it...Hopefully it hasn't been sitting in a warehouse getting the garbage kicked out of it...

Don't get ya hopes up with front bumpers. I crashed my Fuego GTX a few months ago, and while Renault NZ sourced a new bumper ex France, it took a long time to come. I ordered a second one as a spare, and after 4 months it hasn't shown up, and no one is sure whether they're still available or not. Renault NZ seems to think I might have gotten the last one!! Seems to be whether they can find a frenchman small enough to crawl through the darkest parts of the Renault warehouse, and obviously not yet! lol

1000+ Posts

Default Good decision Richard

Well done Richard

Good way to start the "family planning" establish the spot for the Fuego! For all the work and intelligent research I think it is a natural and rational decision,that recognises that you have more invested in this vehicle than you could realise in the short term (and the future looks good! )

Lucky your wife knows how you feel about that car

Couldn't be a better home for that bumper mate! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    Well done Richard

Good way to start the "family planning" establish the spot for the Fuego! For all the work and intelligent research I think it is a natural and rational decision,that recognises that you have more invested in this vehicle than you could realise in the short term (and the future looks good! )

Lucky your wife knows how you feel about that car

Couldn't be a better home for that bumper mate! Good luck.
    ]

Just watch you back Richard...a well weilded rolling pin can come from nowhere......
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    ]

Just watch you back Richard...a well weilded rolling pin can come from nowhere......
    She wouldn't hit me, she'd hit the car...she knows it'd hurt more...

Curious: How much did the bumper cost?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Curious: How much did the bumper cost?
    About the going price of the average Fuego

It was $392...

al

It was $392...
    Ha. I had front bumper (with a running car attached) and i sold it for $450...

Anyway, what is the deal with the replacement wheels? Everyone says bigger rims improve the handling, and surely your current ones would look better? If not, what about some hektik chromies like on Jo's car? They are really light as well aren't they?
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by al
    Ha. I had front bumper (with a running car attached) and i sold it for $450...

Anyway, what is the deal with the replacement wheels? Everyone says bigger rims improve the handling, and surely your current ones would look better? If not, what about some hektik chromies like on Jo's car? They are really light as well aren't they?
    My current front bar is probably very good by Fuego standards but I'm just a picky sod and I really wanted a perfect and original front bar with the proper grain and colour. I think that the bar on your car had been repaired and repainted.

I'll probably store the new bar somewhere and just whack it on for club stuff because knowing my luck I'd clean up a Roo in the first week...I'd rather do that with a the current bar

Same with the wheels actually, I just want something that will return it to standard for club stuff and I will probably put some really good rubber on the 16's for fun and just use the much cheaper 14's for cruising to work and back...

It was $392...
    no no, thats about 1/9 of the going price I think!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    no no, thats about 1/9 of the going price I think!
    Terrific...

I got the Bumper deliverd late today and unfortunately, I guessed correctly, it's probably been sitting in some warehouse for a few years and it has several very visible scratches in the bar and the plastic covering had more holes in it than the local links course...

I don't really know why the dealer even bothered putting it on the truck, no one in there right mind would ever pay $400 for it, I probably wouldn't pay $100 as damaged stock...

It will be going back first thing tommorrow and I'll get them to order a new one from France (if possible)...

It will be going back first thing tommorrow and I'll get them to order a new one from France (if possible)...
    That will be interesting, I wonder if you'll be able to get it...

She wouldn't hit me, she'd hit the car...she knows it'd hurt more...

My wife had one drive of Fuego and said BUY IT!!
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    My wife had one drive of Fuego and said BUY IT!!
    Does she drive it?

David.

Thread Information