Flexible Air Intake Hose
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Flexible Air Intake Hose

I am trying to find some decent flexible air intake hose to take air from a Dauphine tropical air cleaner to the carburettor. It must be betwwen 44 to 46 mm and capable of being lightly clamped at both ends. I have tried autoshops Fuel miser stuff but its useless just falls to pieces and feeds bits if aliminium foil into the carby. Any one got any ideas cheers

Advertisement

Phone Hoseco 92504511 They're in Midland.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Armageddon was yesterday
    Today we have a problem

2000 406 Hdi X 3
    2003 307 Hdi

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Ren 25 I spoke to them today and it seems
    they will be able to supply something to do the job cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by glenough
    I am trying to find some decent flexible air intake hose to take air from a Dauphine tropical air cleaner to the carburettor. It must be betwwen 44 to 46 mm and capable of being lightly clamped at both ends. I have tried autoshops Fuel miser stuff but its useless just falls to pieces and feeds bits if aliminium foil into the carby. Any one got any ideas cheers
    Over the years, I have found that the type of cooling hose (flexible ducting) used in aviation engineering to be perfect.

This ducting is known as SCAT hose, and is used to direct cooling air to generators, ventilation systems etc etc. It comes in a variety of diameters & lengths, and is very durable. The braiding includes a continuous internal wire loop (not visible), which adds to the durability, & prevents the hose from collapsing.

If other options do not suit, this SCAT hose almost certainly will.

Cheers,
    Kim.

i have found brake ducting to be very good.... i picked up a meter or so o piping form revolution racegear, as used in the v8 supercars and other motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by KIMDEB
    Over the years, I have found that the type of cooling hose (flexible ducting) used in aviation engineering to be perfect.

This ducting is known as SCAT hose, and is used to direct cooling air to generators, ventilation systems etc etc. It comes in a variety of diameters & lengths, and is very durable. The braiding includes a continuous internal wire loop (not visible), which adds to the durability, & prevents the hose from collapsing.

Cheers,
    Kim.
    Yep, I concur, perfect replacement for R17TS/Gordini injection intake hose (once the original asbestos(?) filled thing has finally collapsed!)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by KIMDEB

Cheers,
    Kim.
    Who supplies this material? Sounds wonderful for Renault 4CV heater ducting at the radiator.

Thanks

JohnW
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I got mine from a mate in the aviation industry, maybe the Hoseco crowed mentioned earlier in the thread can help...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

hello John I found Hoseco in Midland very helpful they have a good range of stuff from all sorts of industrial applications cheers

farmerdave

If anyone needs them, I have a bag of NOS wind up clamps, about 60mm diameter which seem to be used on these pipes. They are ex Thames, R12? assembly.

Farmerdave is happy to post them to those in need- free.
    No, you cannot have the whole bag .

Farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by glenough
    hello John I found Hoseco in Midland very helpful they have a good range of stuff from all sorts of industrial applications cheers
    Many thanks - Midland eh. Better service the car.

Cheers

John
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information