• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Fellow Frogger!

Default R25 gearbox support brackets

Hi,
    A few questions for the pundits.

Advertisement

1. Can anyone confirm that part no 7700712564 is the upper RH support bracket for the UN1 box in the R25. Upper section of the flexible mount bolts onto it. Mines broken and if I can't get a s/h one (see parts wanted) I'll have to order one ex France (4 weeks wait at least & probably longer with the chaos on the docks).

2. Does anyone have the part nos for the alloy brackets for the NG3 box as fitted to the R25. I need nos for brackets for the upper RH & LH gearbox to upper part of flexible mount, and the RH & LH chasis to to lower part of flexible mount.

3. As a long shot, are any of these brackets (esp the ones from the chasis to the lower part of the flexible mount) fitted to the auto 25 or the Fuego (only one mount) , and if so, then does anyone have these items for sale.

Appreciate help on this one as I need the nos to be able to order the parts - Renault dealer doesn't seem to have access to any pics of parts, at least for the R25.

Thanks & Renpete

Quote Originally Posted by Renpete
    Hi,
    A few questions for the pundits.

1. Can anyone confirm that part no 7700712564 is the upper RH support bracket for the UN1 box in the R25. Upper section of the flexible mount bolts onto it. Mines broken and if I can't get a s/h one (see parts wanted) I'll have to order one ex France (4 weeks wait at least & probably longer with the chaos on the docks).

2. Does anyone have the part nos for the alloy brackets for the NG3 box as fitted to the R25. I need nos for brackets for the upper RH & LH gearbox to upper part of flexible mount, and the RH & LH chasis to to lower part of flexible mount.

3. As a long shot, are any of these brackets (esp the ones from the chasis to the lower part of the flexible mount) fitted to the auto 25 or the Fuego (only one mount) , and if so, then does anyone have these items for sale.

Appreciate help on this one as I need the nos to be able to order the parts - Renault dealer doesn't seem to have access to any pics of parts, at least for the R25.

Thanks & Renpete
    Hi Peter,

The following companies are listed on www.partslocator.com.au as cirrently wrecking 25's. The year range is between 1985 and 1988. Unfortunately the database on that site doesn't allow you to search for manual 25's so you would need to follow up.

Peugeo wrecking in East Keilor has a couple by the look of it.

You could also try Haakon as he has a lot of knowledge of 25's and manual conversions, plus he may have some bits and pieces. Cas Willoughby 02 64932575, [email protected] of Candelo near Bega is also advertising 25 parts in the parts section.

Hope this is of some help.

kind regards

John

Company: Peugeo Wrecking
    Address: 8 Disney Ave
    City: KEILOR EAST
    State: Victoria
    Postcode: 3033
    Phone: 03 9336 1602
    Fax: 03 9336 7524
    Web:
    Email: [email protected]

Company: ASV Euro Car Parts (NSW)
    Address: 61 Miowera Road
    City: VILLAWOOD
    State: New South Wales
    Postcode: 2163
    Phone: 02 9725 8666
    Fax: 02 9725 8600
    Web:

Company: EuroCity Motors
    Address: 7 Kelly Crt
    City: NORTH GEELONG
    Postcode: 3215
    Phone: 03 5277 3139
    Fax: 03 5277 3138
    Web:

Company: Peugeot-Renault Pts & Service
    Address: 14 - 22 Boothey St
    City: DRAYTON
    State: Queensland
    Postcode: 4350
    Phone: 07 4630 1699
    Fax: 07 4630 1801
    Web:
    Email:

Company: French Car Care
    Address: 56-58 Manilla Street
    City: EAST BRISBANE
    Postcode: 4169
    Phone: 07 3391 2529
    Fax: 07 3393 0752
    Web:
    Email:
    Last edited by BogMaster; 29th October 2005 at 11:58 PM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    Hi Peter,

The following companies are listed on www.partslocator.com.au as cirrently wrecking 25's. The year range is between 1985 and 1988. Unfortunately the database on that site doesn't allow you to search for manual 25's so you would need to follow up.

Peugeo wrecking in East Keilor has a couple by the look of it.

You could also try Haakon as he has a lot of knowledge of 25's and manual conversions, plus he may have some bits and pieces. Cas Willoughby 02 64932575, [email protected] of Candelo near Bega is also advertising 25 parts in the parts section.

Hope this is of some help.

kind regards

John

Company: Peugeo Wrecking
    Address: 8 Disney Ave
    City: KEILOR EAST
    Postcode: 3033
    Phone: 03 9336 1602
    Fax: 03 9336 7524
    Web:

Company: ASV Euro Car Parts (NSW)
    Address: 61 Miowera Road
    City: VILLAWOOD
    State: New South Wales
    Postcode: 2163
    Phone: 02 9725 8666
    Fax: 02 9725 8600
    Web:

Company: EuroCity Motors
    Address: 7 Kelly Crt
    City: NORTH GEELONG
    Postcode: 3215
    Phone: 03 5277 3139
    Fax: 03 5277 3138
    Web:

Company: Peugeot-Renault Pts & Service
    Address: 14 - 22 Boothey St
    City: DRAYTON
    Postcode: 4350
    Phone: 07 4630 1699
    Fax: 07 4630 1801
    Web:
    Email:

Company: French Car Care
    Address: 56-58 Manilla Street
    City: EAST BRISBANE
    Postcode: 4169
    Phone: 07 3391 2529
    Fax: 07 3393 0752
    Web:
    Email:

Thanks for the info John,

I have tried to contact Cas Willoughby but he's out when I phone and vice versa. I'll phone round the wreckers tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful. I tried a couple of wreckers you mention recently about manual 25 boxes and associated bits, but no luck. Did manage to get a good gear lever+shifter rods for the R25 UN1 box at Pugwreck when I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago - was the last manual 25 bit they had. A couple of the European/French car wreckers I've contacted will no longer take R25s and one wasn't taking Fuegos anymore. In the case of the 25, it was lack of demand - the cars just sat there after perhaps a couple of bits were sold and cluttered up the yard. I guess with the Fuego, so many are being wrecked privately or at Pick-a-Part type places that again there's no point in cluttering up the premises.

Cheers for now,

Peter

i,ve got a pair of un1 alloy gearbox mounts in my shed,s/h but i know i,ve got them,yours for a sensible offer,plus postage from uk!!they are from a 25 v6 turbo,i sold the box,but kept the ally brackets/mounts,let me know

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 V6 TURBO
    i,ve got a pair of un1 alloy gearbox mounts in my shed,s/h but i know i,ve got them,yours for a sensible offer,plus postage from uk!!they are from a 25 v6 turbo,i sold the box,but kept the ally brackets/mounts,let me know
    Yes, I'm interested in the top alloy brackets. Do you have the lower ones as well (bolt onto the chasis)? Just found out that the upper RH one is still obtainable ex France for about AUD48 (about 20 quid I think) - was very surprised at the relatively cheap price, but I'll have to wait for at least 4 weeks which is a pain. Would you please PM me with what you believe to be a sensible offer and let me know the best way I can pay you.

Cheers, Renpete

pete as far as i remember the un1 gearbox only has the rear alloy brackets with rubber mounts,not sure what you mean by upper/lower,thought they where just 2 large ally brackets with rubber mounts attached to them??,the alloy mounts have a common problem with breaking,will check at work and that part number you list!!

right i,ve done some homework!!the upper/lower mounts you are talking about are for an NG3 gearbox not a UN1,these mounts are different,your part number 7700712564 is £15.47+vat and is not in stock,so will go back ordered,what gearbox do you have pete??this bracket is for an NG3 box,the UN1 mounts are 7700717692/693 priced at £63.90/£52.63 plus vat then the rubber mounts at £47.84 each plus vat,to cut a long story the mount you list is for an NG3 BOX on a 25 with the j7t 2.2 engine,hope this helps

Thanks for the info John,

I have tried to contact Cas Willoughby but he's out when I phone and vice versa. I'll phone round the wreckers tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful. I tried a couple of wreckers you mention recently about manual 25 boxes and associated bits, but no luck. Did manage to get a good gear lever+shifter rods for the R25 UN1 box at Pugwreck when I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago - was the last manual 25 bit they had. A couple of the European/French car wreckers I've contacted will no longer take R25s and one wasn't taking Fuegos anymore. In the case of the 25, it was lack of demand - the cars just sat there after perhaps a couple of bits were sold and cluttered up the yard. I guess with the Fuego, so many are being wrecked privately or at Pick-a-Part type places that again there's no point in cluttering up the premises.

Cheers for now,

Peter

I forgot Peter,

There is that series 1 25 manual still in Fyshwick. it isn't going anywhere. They have moved it to the last row in the junker section. Last timne I asked they were saying $300 for the lot, I'm sure we could hide it somewhere if you want. Could be worth a look. PM me and I'll give you the details.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Fellow Frogger!

right i,ve done some homework!!the upper/lower mounts you are talking about are for an NG3 gearbox not a UN1,these mounts are different,your part number 7700712564 is £15.47+vat and is not in stock,so will go back ordered,what gearbox do you have pete??this bracket is for an NG3 box,the UN1 mounts are 7700717692/693 priced at £63.90/£52.63 plus vat then the rubber mounts at £47.84 each plus vat,to cut a long story the mount you list is for an NG3 BOX on a 25 with the j7t 2.2 engine,hope this helps
    Thanks 25 V6 Turbo,
    Jeez, I'm a bit confused as I definitely have the UN1 box in the car. I have detached both lower mounting brackets, and lowered the rear of the g'box. I found a number stamped on the upper RH (offside) bracket that bolts onto the gearbox, and it was 7700712564, which is presumably the part number (seem to have answered my original question). I'm pretty sure the the NG3 upper offside bracket wouldn't fit onto the UN1 box (the UN1 box is much wider than the NG3 for starters), and there were no signs of a coversion job to make the NG3 bracket fit the UN1 box. Don't know what the [email protected]#$ is going on with the part nos as I can't seem to get the info here.

If you have the upper brackets from your V6 which had a version of the UN1 box (they are probably the same as the ones for the GTX 2.2), then could you please see what part nos they have stamped on them.

Renpete

yeah i,il find them at the weekend and post the numbers i find,do you have one of these dialogys discs??i don,t have one at home,but use it at work,think you can buy them on e-bay??i,il get the numbers posted when i find any,no luck with the gaitor,his was rubbish,waste of time,but i will keep looking!!

Renpete, if you can supply full oval plate details of your vehicle, I may be able to help you.

Can you check the attachment, and verify if the brackets look like the ones illustrated? There are a few types there...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R25 gearbox support brackets-r25m.jpg  
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

yeah good post,it would be a help with full oval plate details,at a guess i think your car is a B29E,the picture europa has done isn,t for a UN1 box,but its what i found at work,and how you described it,upper/lower,the UN1 is totally different!

Fellow Frogger!

hmm no VAT outside of Europe please... He will get charged GST when they land if customs pick it up.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Fellow Frogger!

yeah i,il find them at the weekend and post the numbers i find,do you have one of these dialogys discs??i don,t have one at home,but use it at work,think you can buy them on e-bay??i,il get the numbers posted when i find any,no luck with the gaitor,his was rubbish,waste of time,but i will keep looking!!
    Thanks,
    I recently bought a dialogys disc on Oz Ebay, but my computer doesn't seem to be able to cope with installing it as I've tried several times. Its not worth upgrading it as its about 7 yo, so I'll be replacing it soon & then I'll be able load dialogys.

Jeez, those gaiters are an endangered species - maybe I should look for an Oz croc.

Renpete

Fellow Frogger!

yeah good post,it would be a help with full oval plate details,at a guess i think your car is a B29E,the picture europa has done isn,t for a UN1 box,but its what i found at work,and how you described it,upper/lower,the UN1 is totally different!
    I can ping you the oval plate details, but it won't help. The car is a B29B (2.2 L GTX) and was fitted with a MJ3 auto. The PO bought a UN1 box and ancillary gear (shifter, mounts etc) from a B29E that had been rear-ended and was a write off. He had it installed by a supposedly reputable outfit that specializes in Euro cars. I can only assume they would have used the mount brackets the PO supplied.

I've yet to reply to Europa as I've been away on work and haven't had time to get under the car & have a look. But there was a post earlier this year saying that the flexible mounts for the R25 UN1, NG3, and MJ3 boxes were interchangeable. This suggests that the mounting system for all these boxes has 3 components: an upper bracket that bolts onto the gearbox, a lower bracket that bolts onto the chassis, and the flexible mount that goes in between. A quick look at the picture Europa sent is promising, but I need to check.

How is the UN1 mounting system totally different? I freely admit I have very limited experience to date with working on R25s.

Renpete

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Renpete, if you can supply full oval plate details of your vehicle, I may be able to help you.

Can you check the attachment, and verify if the brackets look like the ones illustrated? There are a few types there...
    Hi Europa,

Thanks for the picture.

Unfortunately the oval plate details won't help as the car is a 87 build B29B that was converted from auto to manual with the UN1 box by the PO (LukeCass in ACT so the history is known). It was done professionally and used the UN1 mounts & shifter rods etc. I have a Jan 85 build factory manual with the UN1 box and the oval plate reads
    B28E
    B5662OZV
    S018086
    Don't know if this helps at all.

To be honest, I find the brackets in the picture a bit hard to identify as they are illustrated rather sketchily. However, my best bet is that 14 is the lower RH (offside) bracket that bolts to the chassis and 15 is the upper bracket (the one I want) that bolts to the UN1 box. Parts 7 & 9 look like their LH counterparts. No lifelines to help in this guess - did I win the $1m?

Renpete

little snag!!a B28E,isn,t a R25 oval plate??but anyway,if your car def has a UN1 box in it,i would say the mounts europa shows(click on the picture,it gets bigger)WWON,T fit,but maybe europa car also show a picture of a UN1 gearbox mounts??there is a ally bracket which bolts to the side os the box,one only each side,held on with 4 14mm bolts,then the mount bolts to the bracket then to the car,thats it,no upper/lower mounts,the picture europa shows clearly shows upper/lower mounts BUT this is for an NG3 box,it really doesn,t help i suppose that your can was auto originally,its a case of finding which mount fits!!if you bought the UN1 set up in the uk,its going to cost a fortune new,and go backordered,but as i said i do have the complete brackets/mounts,BUT pete,make sure exactly what you want!!good luck

farmerdave

The numbers 7700712 564 and 565 are the UN1 brackets as fitted to early R25s with the 2.2 motor and UN1 gearbox- B29E. These brackets were also used on the B289- v6 injection with the UN1 box. They are the ones marked 15 and 9 in the picture.

The dialogys pictures often show only one type of part- UN1 and NG3 parts have the same picture but different numbers.

Have you tried to get the existing bracket welded up? MIG or TIG is fine, a good engineering workshop should have no problem.

Farmerdave

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdave
    The numbers 7700712 564 and 565 are the UN1 brackets as fitted to early R25s with the 2.2 motor and UN1 gearbox- B29E. These brackets were also used on the B289- v6 injection with the UN1 box. They are the ones marked 15 and 9 in the picture.

The dialogys pictures often show only one type of part- UN1 and NG3 parts have the same picture but different numbers.

Have you tried to get the existing bracket welded up? MIG or TIG is fine, a good engineering workshop should have no problem.

Farmerdave
    Farmerdave,

Thanks, I feel confident about that part no now. The broken bracket is in pretty poor shape - its cracked off at the bolt hole, the broken bit is missing, and the stud from the flexible mount has worn away quite a lot of alloy in the region. I didn't think that it was worth trying to repair it if I could get a replacement for a reasonable price. Anyway, I'm now pretty sure I can get a set of 2nd-hand brackets from the member in Melbourne who advertised he was wrecking a R25 without a motor & gearbox. Apparently it was a B29E manual, and he had removed the brackets from the gearbox & still has them. I may also lash out and get a pair of new uppers as insurance for the future as they seem to suffer if the nut works loose and the bolt hole gets enlarged.

Renpete

Fellow Frogger!

little snag!!a B28E,isn,t a R25 oval plate??but anyway,if your car def has a UN1 box in it,i would say the mounts europa shows(click on the picture,it gets bigger)WWON,T fit,but maybe europa car also show a picture of a UN1 gearbox mounts??there is a ally bracket which bolts to the side os the box,one only each side,held on with 4 14mm bolts,then the mount bolts to the bracket then to the car,thats it,no upper/lower mounts,the picture europa shows clearly shows upper/lower mounts BUT this is for an NG3 box,it really doesn,t help i suppose that your can was auto originally,its a case of finding which mount fits!!if you bought the UN1 set up in the uk,its going to cost a fortune new,and go backordered,but as i said i do have the complete brackets/mounts,BUT pete,make sure exactly what you want!!good luck

25 V6 TURBO,
    A typo mate, I meant B29E. I reckon I could be OK for the gearbox brackets now. The guy in Melbourne who has the 2nd-hand set of brackets for the UN1 box says he will email me some photos - when I get them, I'll ping them to you so you can see if they are the same as yours.

Renpete

yeah no problem,hope they are right!

farmerdave

Farmerdave,

Thanks, I feel confident about that part no now. The broken bracket is in pretty poor shape - its cracked off at the bolt hole, the broken bit is missing, and the stud from the flexible mount has worn away quite a lot of alloy in the region. I didn't think that it was worth trying to repair it if I could get a replacement for a reasonable price. Anyway, I'm now pretty sure I can get a set of 2nd-hand brackets from the member in Melbourne who advertised he was wrecking a R25 without a motor & gearbox. Apparently it was a B29E manual, and he had removed the brackets from the gearbox & still has them. I may also lash out and get a pair of new uppers as insurance for the future as they seem to suffer if the nut works loose and the bolt hole gets enlarged.

Renpete
    Good, if you can get another set it isn't worthwhile welding a bit like that. The 4141 auto ones avoid the problem with a stud eating into the alloy, they have a keyhole section bit on the chassis side of the mount and a matching part on the gearbox mount, the bolt only serves to draw the two bits together.
    If you think that the mount is likely to slacken off again, Nordlock lock washers are the go here- it will never come loose.
    It may also pay to replace the bolts that mount the brackets to the gearbox- all of them were stretched on my r25.

Farmerdave

Fellow Frogger!

I roll-started my 25 in too low a gear and broke the mount.

I wont do it again.

Cas

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Renpete,

Quote Originally Posted by Renpete View Post
    .....I recently bought a dialogys disc on Oz Ebay, but my computer doesn't seem to be able to cope with installing it as I've tried several times......
    Check out the first post at Download links for manuals, tech data etc for free dialogys and PDF with detailed install directions, seem to recall that they didn't just "plug 'n go", there was more to it.

They run here on an ancient laptop OK 'cept that it's always battery dead !

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Anyone got a spare gearbox bracket like #9.Passenger side?

Cas

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information