Stereo Head unit upgrade adaptors
  • Register
  • Help

Default Stereo Head unit upgrade adaptors

Hey guys,

For the people who want to upgrade the radio on the Clio/Megane cars an not loose the stalk controls i have just got off the phone to Incartec in the uk.

You can buy a adaptor for most radio brands that allow you to keep the stalk control.

What you do loose is the station display on the dash, but keep the outside temp an time.

Advertisement

You need to have a radio that had stalk control function on it, but other than that your good to go.

They are going to send me more info via email, and they do supply worldwide and take all major C/C.

He gave me a price of 30 GBP, plus shipping.

You can check them out

http://www.incartec.co.uk

Something he did tell me, is that if you have a factory radio that has the words " update lift " on the front, they dont do a adaptor for it yet, but will do in about 4 weeks. He says that Renault changed brands about may this year.

Hope this is of help to some of you, it is for me, cause the Radio in the new Megane RS Cup is crap an has to go.

Dom

Fellow Frogger!

I am waiting on a quote for the addition of an in-dash stacker as opposed to swapping it for the 4-disc in dash stacker from Renault.

I am thinking that better money spent on an amp (good brand for about $350 on sale) and speakers (about $400 for front splits and rears on sale).

I like the flush fit look of the factory player but I agree it's crap. Most of the aftermarket ones are sooo fancy these days and they protrude so much from the facia of the dash.

I was reading some info on ICE for Megane's on the UK Megane II forum

Issues they were having with upgraded speakers are interesting, apparently the genuine speakers are very shallow, and it's hard to fit bigger speakers without problems.

Also there were a number of issues with water intrusion once the aftermarket stuff was fitted. Might be worth perusing that forum to get on top of any issues before we learn the hard way ;-)

As I write this, the site is suffering from a "bandwidth exceeded" message. Hopefully it'll be back up soon.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

i did read something along those lines. i think one of the problems with the front speaker slot is that it's not as deep and only certain speakers can fit in.

pioneer has released a special range of speakers for the Renault models with the magnet in front of the speaker so that it is not too deep.

pity we don't get them here!

Fellow Frogger!

checked out Freeway Car Audio in Malvern,Victoria.

the guy there suggested Focal 130V from the Polyglass range, which doesn't have a big magnet behind the speakers. It's a slim speaker with double coils, one of the innovations of Focal. It should fit the front slot.

Another product I am looking at is the VDO CD441XED, which can use the cars central display but the specs refer to Astra, Vectra and Barinas. I'm hoping it would work with Renaults too, this way I can hook up a VDO changer and amp.

Will need to do more research now....

Anyone who has upgraded their headunit, installed amp and/or changed speakers, can you please post:

1. size of front and rear speaker slots including depth;
    2. where you installed the amp (if any);
    3. where you installed subwoofer (if any);
    4. could you do the above without changing the headunit?

Thanks
    Last edited by blue2th; 1st November 2005 at 12:51 AM.

Thread Information