How many R25's sold in Australia?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon7 How many R25's sold in Australia?

Hi all,

I have been driving a 1989 R25 for about 4 months and have not seen another on the road from Geelong to Melbourne. Does anyone know how many of these were imported into Australia?

Advertisement

Cheers
    Steve

Apparently there were 750 Series 1 25's sold in Australia, all 4 cylinder GTX's. With a further 14 Series 2 V6 25's being the Monaco and Baccara variants, the Versaille 4 cylinder was on the price list but it is unsure if any were actually sold.

Any Series 1 V6's would be private imports.

There were a number of unsold Series 2 25's that were later exported to NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsies
    Hi all,

I have been driving a 1989 R25 for about 4 months and have not seen another on the road from Geelong to Melbourne. Does anyone know how many of these were imported into Australia?
    Cheers
    Steve
    Answer: TO BLOODY MANY.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh
    Answer: TO BLOODY MANY.
    Hmm. Do you include the manuals in this pond? Seem to recall in a previous post a couple of years ago discussing the merits of the UN1 & NG3 boxes in the R25, you said "Doesn't matter much which box, either way a manual 25 is a bloody nice car".

Just stirring but your sentence stuck in my mind.

Renpete

Quote Originally Posted by Renpete
    Hmm. Do you include the manuals in this pond? Seem to recall in a previous post a couple of years ago discussing the merits of the UN1 & NG3 boxes in the R25, you said "Doesn't matter much which box, either way a manual 25 is a bloody nice car".

Just stirring but your sentence stuck in my mind.

Renpete
    Yeah yeah there's one in every crowd. I meant better car Peter, its a better car not a nice car, maybe I was just in a good mood that day.

really though a 25 man is a good car except for the electrics, even then its only the electrical connections that are faulty. As a mate pointed out the only thing wrong with this French car is its French Connections
    P.S. I'm the only one allowed to use that line.

David.

is there not one single 25 v6 turbo in auz??didn,t any get shipped in,if not try and get hold of one,it will be the quickest 25 in auz in standard form!!how much would it cost to ship one from the uk?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh
    Yeah yeah there's one in every crowd. I meant better car Peter, its a better car not a nice car, maybe I was just in a good mood that day.

really though a 25 man is a good car except for the electrics, even then its only the electrical connections that are faulty. As a mate pointed out the only thing wrong with this French car is its French Connections
    P.S. I'm the only one allowed to use that line.

David.
    Yeah David, good one - I reckon you should copyright it. I suppose any French Connection is better than none and one of my instrument panels seems to have lost all its connections, French or otherwise.

Cheers for now,

Peter

Thread Information