Drive - Ch 10 Saturday - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Would be interesting if the ABC could put on a good car show today - budgetary constraints do constrain production somewhat more these days.
    You know I just read yesterday in the SMH's The Guide TV section, that SBS will be screening Top Gear "this year".

Advertisement

Will that do in the interim?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I'd like to congratulate the new programmer at SBS, first Mythbusters, now Top Gear. Good work mate :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

The BBC must have sold the series at a rock bottom rate.... not like they neeed the money or anything.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Icon13 wtf... daniel mcpherson

did anyone catch that excuse for a car show today fair dinkum what a bunch of tossers

if this tripe lasts for a season i'll be a monkeys uncle

not sure who they are trying to kid... i though drive was the preferred web site/theage supplement to go to for the facts

it appears that is not the case... that road test of the golf diesel v toyota hybrid was what... shall we say i can't bring myself to say it... daniel mcpherson? whose jeans looked as though they were 5 times too big lead foot? the only lead was in his head... the 997 was a very poor imitation of the clarkson/top gear (Top Gear - 2004.10.24) i think they/the producers saw the program took what they thought were the best bits then told michael & alison to play it out

you know whats the worst bit is... i actually watched it live again...

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Many years ago, the ABC had a program called Torque by Peter Wherrett. Not sure what happened to him, he used to do the automotive segments on Healthy, Wealthy & Wise.
    AAAHHH the Peter Wheret Sigma who could forget it. I thought his short grab on TV wasnt that bad

Quote Originally Posted by e.sport

you know whats the worst bit is... i actually watched it live again...
    yeah I watched most of it live too... pretty pathetic, if not more so, compared to last week.

The stats on each car are a waste of time. Name of the car, what sort of engine and what Bridgestone tyres they recommend (no info on the actual stock tyre size or anything useful like that.

What about the rest of the stats ? There's tons more info they could have gone into. Maybe for a 30min show there's no need to go into suspension setup but standard equipement at least should have been explored.

The the fuel consumption test drive was a waste of time. They made the diesel golf look bad cause it could only drive to Bathurst. It wasnt even clear what fuel consumption it returned. They gave the factory standard figures... but it still kick-arse compared to most cars. And Daniel Macpherson - Who the hell had that idea ? ?? The conversations on the mobile phones between Daniel and the female reporter were so silly.
    - "Hey I'm a 26 year old male - I drive fast"
    - "Daniel, I'll show you a thing or two..."
    - "Oh no, I'm about to run out of fuel because I'm a lead foot"
    Nice test drives people.... so professional I was captivated by the dialogue.

The Range Rover Sport test drive was funny too. The reporter said something along the lines "now let's try some offroad action". He then turns off the road and goes onto some gravel. There's a puddle in the middle and he goes over it at about 50km/h... Any car could have done that? It didnt say much about the car's offroad capabilities.

I was dissapointed with te 911 Carrera S only being around 1 sec faster then the M5 on the track. I guessed 2-3 secs for the competition they're running to win the Renault Megane 225. The STI driven by "the Chip" could possibiliy by last compared to the M5 and the Carrera S.

Well I doubt I'll bother to watch this next week.
    1994 306 S16 sold but not forgotten
    2004 Clio 182 current

Icon12 i'll keep watchin...

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Well I doubt I'll bother to watch this next week.
    no i'm watching it again just because i like cars... and alisons scooby snaks ...that pull back shot on the segment/promo for the rsmegane is the money shot for me...

one day, i will get a life

Well, instead of just moaning here, Channel 10 wants feedback.

http://www.drive.com.au/DriveTV/Feedback.aspx

I gave it to them, both barrels. What a waste of 30 minutes of my life. I want my 30 minutes back.

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj

I gave it to them, both barrels. What a waste of 30 minutes of my life. I want my 30 minutes back.

Andrew

I wonder if Ten could bring Vicki Buttler-Henderson down to Oz next year. Now that would help spice the show up a touch. By the way, who is that Daniel guy??
    RICHARD

UFO

Again I missed this program - you know why? I was outside working on one of my cars. I wonder if this small fact has flown past the brains at Ch 10. People who are "into" cars usually spend some time on the weekend doing things with them. Not sitting around watching some useless show made up of recycled press releases.

Bring pack Peter Wherret. At least he had a show about cars and was allowed express an opinion about them at a time when people could watch. I am so over bloody crime shows on telly every night.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Only one good point.

Did anyone else notice right at the beginning of the end credits, where the screen is full of sponsor's logos?? One major sponsor is Renault Sport. This can only be good for the sport arm of Reggie, but the show is a total loss plus like Shayne says, most of us have lives at 4:03 on a Saturday; I know I only thoguht of turning it on at 4:50pm.

Chris
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Icon10 is this unaustralian?

Andrew
    mate, i not moaning, just exercising some good old australian tall poppy syndrome australians just love to knock em down... i suppose this is what gives us that larrikan, never say die, spirit let em at least have a go, is what i say...

i'll to that, as well

e.sport

nJm

I missed it again, thank god!

The current, longer episodes of Fifth Gear are quite good. The whole sitting around the table in the crappy looking office doesn't work too well, but I'm sure it will develop.

Top Gear starts up on the 13th of November on BBC2, so no doubt everyone will be looking forward to Monday night, when it should be up on bittorrent.

Oh, and at the moment there are heaps of Top Gear episodes from 1989-1991 on bittorrent. I've downloaded a few and find them pretty boring. That said it is hilarious seeing Jeremy Clarkson with a rather amusing 80s hair do and shocking clothes
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Fellow Frogger!

I've downloaded a few and find them pretty boring.
    Yeah, they definitely have a more serious current affairs feel to them.

Yet.... they cover a much broader range of motoring issues than the modern Top gear episodes. From classic cars, differing types of power sources, car alarms etc etc.

It would be interesting to see the episodes where the show transitioned from the old format to the new one.

For those that missed it you can watch it online. What better thing to do at work. Saturday arvos are for driving, which is what I, and some other froggies were doing.
    http://drive.com.au/DriveTV/
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Andrew

I've given negative feedback after watching the first episode online and then last week's one. I didnt just complain. I offered a few ideas and suggestions but they'll probably ignore them...
    2004 Clio 182 current

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by mantra

It would be interesting to see the episodes where the show transitioned from the old format to the new one.

Yep, the first of the "new" top gear series (2002) is definitely not the best. They had some rather rotund guy called Adrian in it who, well, lets put it this way, was a bit of a let down. You could just see Richard Hammond having to keep his eyes open when he talked.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

I gave them very bad feedback. However, have also given my personal details and told them to call me for some improvement ideas.
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Fellow Frogger!

was it just me or did they review a Megane Cup but then the interior featured full leather seats?

watching it again, it looked like they used 2 cars for the feature. one had a Victorian rego, the other had plates that read "DRIVE". Not to mention one had the driver window open a little.

it was misleading on the price too, because they don't mention that it is a CUP version for $42,990.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~jx/drive.png

here's what someone on the ocau forums did... :-)
    2004 Clio 182 current

Fellow Frogger!

all i can agree with is that Alison is a scooby snack

Guys dont waste 30min of your life watching it live, vcr and zip the adverts and its down to 20min at your convenience. Stahl looks like he's got stage fright, maybe after a few shows a more relaxed version will appear , as for Allison (tank top ) is giving it a go and has a fine tan.
    Beats travel shows and garden /lifestyle overload.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th
    was it just me or did they review a Megane Cup but then the interior featured full leather seats?
    In the UK the Cup is available with or without leather.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Just noticed the tv non ratings period is is due to start and the superceeded cable shows are begining to appear on the free to air, Ch10 friday night has Pimp my Ride 21.30- 23.00hrs. Talk about Lada tuned by Lotus; these shows have vehicles that would only appeal to crack addicts, befor or after in most cases, so bad its funny. Every pimped vehicle gets the doof doof and cd TV, Mustang or Dato Sunny same process. The Brainiac show befor it will feature motors as well.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

compared to watching Drive on Ch 10, I think old episodes of pimp my ride will be a lot more entertaining...
    2004 Clio 182 current

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information