Fuego new parts???????????????
  • Register
  • Help

Default Fuego new parts???????????????

As a long term fuego enthusiast i am having great difficulty sourcing any new parts for my beautiful, sexy fuego. Is buying other peoples neglected junk all we have left or does someone have a secret treasure chest where new parts are still aplenty. ie headlight covers, fog lamps or similar. Any input greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

Try the usual suspects such as David Cavanagh at French Connection at Airport West in Melbourne or Ken at Caravelle Imports at Box Hill in Melbourne. Things like the fog lights, being Cibie, would also be a generic item that could be ordered through a place that sells Cibie equipment.

Fellow Frogger!

I've got a brand new in box set of front blinkers in Sydney if you are interested.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lenard
    As a long term fuego enthusiast i am having great difficulty sourcing any new parts for my beautiful, sexy fuego. Is buying other peoples neglected junk all we have left or does someone have a secret treasure chest where new parts are still aplenty. ie headlight covers, fog lamps or similar. Any input greatly appreciated!
    G'day Peter,

Great to see there are still other Fuego enthusiasts out there...

FWIW, most Fuego parts are still obtainable for very reasonable prices.

Obviously some accessories (such as headlight covers) may be hard to come by but that's to be expected for any 20 year old car...

As others have mentioned, Caravelle in Melbourne is great for new parts and you be hard pressed to find a better bloke than Ken, a fellow Renault enthusiast and all round top guy...

If all else fails, the Aussiefrogs Fuego fraternity should be able to steer you in the right direction for specific parts...

Regards,

Richard

Hi Peter,

I am trying to find a right headlight cover myself, no luck after 2 years.. Foglamps, (as simon says) can be obtained as generic cibies, and I have saved pretty much anything plastic off a spare and pickapart.

Oh Chris, if Peter isn't interested, I am.

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Argentina could be a good source as they were produced there up to 1992.

The majority of VW parts into Australia come from Brazil or Mexico without any problems
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

1000+ Posts

Default Welcome

Welcome to Aussie frogs Peter, always happy to hear of people who love driving their Fuegos as much as we do - There are some new trim parts and other bits and pieces that come to light - headlight covers haven't been made for some years now, but that doesn't mean there are none around, they do turn up in unexpected places.

Most other "fast moving" spares are available new from the usual suppliers here in Melbourne and US and UK ebay have assorted parts and trim, but you need to know the differences between cars that were specific styles for different countries.

Other than that, there is plenty of good information and tips to be had on the site from Fuego enthusiasts.

Ken

I am also a newcomer to Fuegos and have received lots of help from Aussie Frogs. Ken must get a mention.

My drivers seat was broken and I managed to pick up two passenger seats and two drivers seats. Trim was not very good so my upholster who does our work- stripped the 3 seats-put the correct trim and best padding back refitted and all for $55.
    This is a sample of his work on our Kombis

Can't upload photos at the moment but you can see them here
    http://brookiethevwcamper.8k.com/

http://gillythevwbus.8k.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego new parts???????????????-brookie-front-seats.jpg   Fuego new parts???????????????-gilly_centre_seat1.jpg  
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Icon14

Welcome Peter!

new headlight protectors haven't been available since the mid 90's
    ...although mistareno has a set on his car...if we organised a raiding party
    I keep forgetting to check which one I have that is still intact on the old car...& the broken one is still probably hanging around somewhere....dad, next time you walk past the origional..check which headlight protector is on it? (or remind me to check next time I'm over!)
    the other part that is getting rare...is the little plastic site covers on the door interiors...if anyone finds a source...let us all know so we can stash some away
    oh...& I believe I got the last new steering wheel held in captivity too
    viva la fuego!!!!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    Welcome Peter!

new headlight protectors haven't been available since the mid 90's
    ...although mistareno has a set on his car...if we organised a raiding party
    I keep forgetting to check which one I have that is still intact on the old car...& the broken one is still probably hanging around somewhere....dad, next time you walk past the origional..check which headlight protector is on it? (or remind me to check next time I'm over!)
    the other part that is getting rare...is the little plastic site covers on the door interiors...if anyone finds a source...let us all know so we can stash some away
    oh...& I believe I got the last new steering wheel held in captivity too
    viva la fuego!!!!

Aus

Hey Aus,

When you do find out which side, let me know!! Hoping its the left side. Then just let me know where you park.

Which little site covers are you talking?

Think we must have the last 2 Fuego steering wheels, saving it for when I get my Fuego back on the road.

Ken! did you want to swap out those bonnets this weekend? I can put them on the roofrack on the 16.

Thinking Saturday lunch...

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

1000+ Posts

Default Yeah o.k. Ithink

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    Hey Aus,

When you do find out which side, let me know!! Hoping its the left side. Then just let me know where you park.

Which little site covers are you talking?

Think we must have the last 2 Fuego steering wheels, saving it for when I get my Fuego back on the road.

Ken! did you want to swap out those bonnets this weekend? I can put them on the roofrack on the 16.

Thinking Saturday lunch...

David.
    That should be o.k. David

May even find that cover too - the sight covers Di is talking about is the door little plastic clear covers that protect the red indicator rod that tells you if the door is locked etc. I think that I bought the last ones some years ago that Ken Bailey had in stock (sorry!!)

Often though that you could adapt a clear plastic pen body to do the same job

Al (now pre-occupied with that pug thingy!!)- do you still want that Fuego front grey seat or should I sell it again and double my profit!!

Some drastic clearance of bits soon -clearing the deck (and yard) preparatory to some friends coming to stay for a few weeks. Anyone need a good white body shell or champagne gold body parts/shell?

Ken

Had the same thought on the pen idea you had. I have removed a few rather than leave them sun damaged and yellowed.

OK, sounds like a plan..

Re the Fuego shell, assorted cars etc.. I think we need to get a group of us together, and pitch in to buy a peice of land to build some car shelter on.

I am currently on the lookout for a peice of land in the Ballarat / Bendigo direction for just that, around the 30k mark.

Back to the topic, Ken that white body is too good to trash.

David.