Another R25 Question...
  • Register
  • Help

Another R25 Question...

OK, thanks to everyone so far for all the pointers. Things are progressing nicely, except for the rough running problem. So....

I now 'think' (like I have any idea :p ) that it may be as simple as the car is running rich. I revved it up in neutral and saw a lovely plume of black smoke eminating from the rear. Also, if I run it hard, between gear changes I am getting a bit of a back-fire.

Now, if this was a carby engine, it would be a simple matter of turning the mixture screw. Being fuel-injected, however, this poor kangaroo has no bloody idea how to make the adjustment.

Advertisement

Can anyone help??

Thanks, Skip.

Skippy
    [QB]
    Now, if this was a carby engine, it would be a simple matter of turning the mixture screw. Being fuel-injected, however, this poor kangaroo has no bloody idea how to make the adjustment.
    [QB]
    That's a common misconception. Actually adjusting the mixture screw on most carbs will only affect the idle. You would have to change the jets or airbleeds to change the overall richness. It's a bit like when people think their carby gets out of tune. Well in a fixed jet carb (i.e. NOT an SU or Stromberg CD) the only way they get out of tune is if the carburetor fairy comes and steals the jets and replaces them with ones of a different size.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

1000+ Posts
    Hey Dave, slightly OT...I'm in the process of setting up the twin Stromberg 175CD's on the E-Type (US spec) and they, amazingly, have no adjustment whatsoever. Must be the US emissions regs (which came in around '68 when the E was built). I don't mean the adjustment is just tamper proofed either, unlike most Strombergs and SU's the jet is pressed into the body and doesn't screw up and down. Weird and annoying, as triple 1 3/4" SU's are about $1500 or more...

I hope we can get them set up ok, or else $$$$

Cheers

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information