Fuego wheels
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Fuego wheels

Default Fuego wheels

Hi,
    Has anybody tried 15 X 6 CSA Polaris wheels-apparently listed to suit Fuego?
    You have to get wheel bolts.

Advertisement

$495 a set.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    Hi,
    Has anybody tried 15 X 6 CSA Polaris wheels-apparently listed to suit Fuego?
    You have to get wheel bolts.

$495 a set.
    There are alot of after market wheels that will fit a Fuego.

Some wheels seem to have a caliper clearance issue but apart from that, anything goes...

One South Australian AF'er (not sure of hs name...) had a set of 16 inch CSA wheels fitted that looked pretty good...

Maybe have a quick look through the gallery and see what wheels you like...

Be careful of lists.I've seen a list with a fuego's offset at 45 mm. NOT!!!
    My rude opinion is that those wheels look like they belong on a hyundi.
    The thing to watch with the fuego is weight.The trx combo weighs in at about 12Kg, and you can easily reach 19Kg with aftermarket alloys in 205/50/15.If you dont want to jump sideways over every cornering bump, go for lightweight.Tempe tyres have one for $120 fitted(included new bolts,hub locating rings and putting my tyres on).Just out of curiosity, what is the offset and weight of these listed wheels?
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Be careful of lists.I've seen a list with a fuego's offset at 45 mm. NOT!!!
    My rude opinion is that those wheels look like they belong on a hyundi.
    The thing to watch with the fuego is weight.The trx combo weighs in at about 12Kg, and you can easily reach 19Kg with aftermarket alloys in 205/50/15.If you dont want to jump sideways over every cornering bump, go for lightweight.Tempe tyres have one for $120 fitted(included new bolts,hub locating rings and putting my tyres on).Just out of curiosity, what is the offset and weight of these listed wheels?
    Jo
    Hi Jo,
    Haven't seen them yet but will check- have you link to photos that I can see if they look like Hyundi type
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Maybe have a quick look through the gallery and see what wheels you like...[/QUOTE]

Like the ones on yours-are they 16's and what make?
    Thanks
    Warren
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

Harold Ganeen.

Mine are 15 inch with 195 yoko c-drives.cheap chinese crap.Starcorp. check out the (parts)add from Dave from bendigo.I've bumped it up to the front of the line.
    Jo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego wheels-wheels.jpg  
    Last edited by jo proffi; 24th October 2005 at 05:10 PM. Reason: missing info

Thanks Jo-had seen Dave's wheels but need 5.
    Planning to go to Tassie early next year and although TRXs are less than 12 months old I would prefer to have a tyre that is more easily replaced so would need 5 wheels.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

Harold Ganeen.

why 5??? have you ever tried to fit a 6 inch wheel with 205s into a fuego spare wheel space.Lots of cursing, then re fabricating the wire clamp and plastic bracket, followed by more cursing, then more cursing when you need to remove it and the tyre is out of shape, and more cursing when the petrol tank splits its sides after you load up the hatch,and more cursing when the screwup bracket twists and bends with the added strain.
    Just use a TRX as a spare, and you wont have to worry about someone nicking it!
    I did a search,and tried to find a csa wheel that I liked, and there wasn't one. They all look like they belong on a chevy pick-up for my money.I know that wheels are such a personal choice, and with my wheels,it was totaly decided by the weight/cost ratio.I wouldn't have cared if the wheels looked like dog bowls,at the price they went for.Performance/price was my only criterea.Given an unlimeted budjet,I'd choose those very expensive rally wheels that you see on all the wrc cars, as they look totaly cool on a fuego(see that 240HP racer from the UK) and they hide the drums from veiw.
    I still think you wont be able to better Daves deal, as his tyres are good(I have FM901's on the rear...noisy though)and when you price the whole package of new wheels/ tyres, you wont get much change from $1300
    Jo

Thanks again Jo but would not like to drive half way across Nullabor with odd wheel and it could entail double change if it was front wheel.
    I am trying to minimise risk as I am still recovering from op.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1972 VW Kombi

Harold Ganeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    Thanks again Jo but would not like to drive half way across Nullabor with odd wheel and it could entail double change if it was front wheel.
    I am trying to minimise risk as I am still recovering from op.
    Good thinking Westair.You will need to re fabricate your wire wheel cradle then,as the clamp that holds it in place is not super strong, and ofter has been twisted by some gorrilla trying to over loosen it. In this photo you can clearly see how tight a 14inch wheel is, and how the wheel is not seated on the wire cradle.This wheel will take considerable force to remove, and there is not a chance that one of the four will fit in.
    Jo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuego wheels-spare-smaller.jpg  

Thread Information