Renault 19 oil change etc
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 Renault 19 oil change etc

I got a Renault 19, 1993 and I miss a manual that lists the required maintenance interval (km's) for oil change and other items. Can anybody help me. Regards from Netherlands.
    Joost

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joost
    I got a Renault 19, 1993 and I miss a manual that lists the required maintenance interval (km's) for oil change and other items. Can anybody help me. Regards from Netherlands.
    Joost
    Don't know what the facory specyfies but i change ours (2) at about 5000km.
    Is it a manual or auto? I change the auto oil every 20 to 30 thousnad km depending on the look of the oil (i installed an external oil cooler). Make sure you use the specified oil if it is an auto.
    They are good transport if looked after. while they are not 'racy' their torque characteristis make them a good every day car with good fuel consumption.
    Let's know how thing are going in the future.
    JoBo

Fellow Frogger!

Haynes have two, petrol and diesel. I've had a reasonable experience getting them sent from the UK to mainland Europe. Of course, theres other brands out there. Depends on your preferred language.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by Joost
    Joost

Goede Dag Joost, and welcome to the Forum!

I have the orginal manuals for our 19 (and can copy/scan relevant parts if you wanted).

The manual specifies 10,000 kms as teh interval for changing engine oil and filter. That said, like Jo Bo, I err on the side of caution and change the engine oil every 5,0000.

The manual also specifies these service intervals:

Brake fluid change - every 40,000 Kms or 24 months
    Coolant change - every 40,000 Kms or 24 months
    Fuel filter change - every 40,000 Kms or 24 months
    Automatic gear box fluid cahnge - every 40,000 Kms or 24 months
    (No mention in the manual of interval for manual ger box oil change but my guess (based on the pattern of the other intervals ) is - yes, every 40,000 Kms or 24 months!
    Finally, the manual lists timing belt replacement - every 100,000 kms or 60 months.

Hope this is helpful.
    Best regards from "Downunder".

Ian.
    Last edited by IWS; 24th October 2005 at 10:28 PM.

> Finally, the manual lists timing belt replacement - every 100,000 kms or 60 months.

I do mine at 75,000, The kit you get also comes witht he two tensioning pulleys
    I really recommend the shorter interval for this one.

I do my oil every 6 months, mormally does somewhere between 5-10k in that time.

> They are good transport if looked after. while they are not 'racy' their torque
    > characteristis make them a good every day car with good fuel consumption.

Bah! not racy, that's cause you got an auto mine does quite nicely
    halfdave - R19RT (sold when moving OS), Volvo S60R (sold when moving back to Aus), Suziki SV650S (ditto), RSC 182 Cup

Thread Information