Gordini wanted in Melbourne
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Gordini wanted in Melbourne

No, I don't want to buy one, Australian Classic Car is looking to feature a Gordini in the December issue, any Gordini owners in MELBOURNE interested ?

Peter.

Advertisement

F1, Dauphine, 8, 12, 17 or 5 Gordini?

Icon10

If its a clio F1 then try over at ozrenaultsport.com

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

How about this for a idea.... get people from this forum into a group of Gordini owners who can provide a group of cars and call the article
    "G Force"

Any dauphine G's ?????
    David C and Friends have 12 G's
    Robbie has a good 1134, 17G I think
    Any other R8G's
    Simon has a fantastic 1135

And of course the modern stuff

I am sure a few good examples of Gordini's can be brought together for a magazine shoot.....

Also if it's the Dec issue.... I would say this would have to be done in NOV to allow for publishing times?????

Volker

Fellow Frogger!

Any of the older Gordinis would be suitable, Dauphine, 8, 12, 17 or 5 Gordini.

I know David has the 12G, any other models about in good condition and on the road ?

It would be amazing to see an article about a 17G, the "forgotten Gordini"!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by petermelb
    No, I don't want to buy one, Australian Classic Car is looking to feature a Gordini in the December issue, any Gordini owners in MELBOURNE interested ?

Peter.
    December eh?

So how soon would the shoot be?

May be able to organise a blue Dauphine G, time permitting.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Fellow Frogger!

A Dauphine would be really good, would you be able to send a pic through to me ?

Hi Peter,

Actually I don't know it will be ready before December.

Don't have any photos of it, haven't taked delivery, and most mechanicals have been converted to R10, so its only really a Gordini by its badge. Radiator is in the front where the spare wheel used to go. The original G motor has been out of the car since it was put back on the road.

If your still interested I can get you some photos, but I dont think I can have it (even superficially) near original looking before then.

David
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Hi Peter,
    I have a 17TS (Gordini) but its in pieces in my garage being re-painted. It wont be ready by december but if you want to follow its progress then your more than welcome.
    Dave Cavanaghs mechanic also has a nice 17TS that he's just rebuilt the motor in and its on the road.
    Regards...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Fellow Frogger!

A Dauphine would be really good, would you be able to send a pic through to me ?
    Does the Dauphine G have to be in Melbourne I have an interesting twin carb version in Perth and could send pics over easily cheers

Quote Originally Posted by glenough
    Does the Dauphine G have to be in Melbourne I have an interesting twin carb version in Perth and could send pics over easily cheers

Anyone know what a restored or clean R8 G is selling for, these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordinowitz

You might pick up someones hybrid or an unrestored vehicle for under 15k but restorations would be from that figure upwards depending on the quality of the vehicle. See my earlier R8G post in the for sale section for actual prices paid by people for 4 sales of different 8G's in the last few years.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordinowitz
    There is one in the current RCCV mag - one owner for the past 20 years, CH plates, roadworthy for $15k
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Fellow Frogger!

Any of the older Gordinis would be suitable, Dauphine, 8, 12, 17 or 5 Gordini.

I know David has the 12G, any other models about in good condition and on the road ?
    Peter Ras at Berwick Tyre Power has just put his fully restored 12G back on the road - has about 500km on the clock and looks magnificent. There is also that beautiful red DauphineG down Geelong way -registered GORDINI -that was at last years Renault Roundup and at All French Car Day.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Could Peter Ras be the owner of the R12 Gordini that I saw yesterday (or was it fri/sat?)... with a learner behind the wheel?

Talk about making me jealous!

What a supurb piece of art. Saw it driving through pakenham upper and have seen it in pakenham before.

Give us a shout if you read this ! (Edit: Even more so if you want to offload it )

-- DJ

Peter.

Peter, I'd be happy to let them us my car. It's been on the road 8 years now and is not as immaculate as it once was but its still the most original 12G in the country as far as photographs are concerned.

David.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for all your help, I will write an article on the 12G, will contact David soon, and would like to include the Berwick car too if possible.

If all goes well the article should appear in Australian Classic Car in December.

Does anyone have some info on Gordinis involvement with Renault. I have some info on pre Renault which should be sufficient.

Peter,
    This link may help.
    http://www.gordinicar.com/MrGordini.html
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Tadpole

Peter.

Kermit the 4CV Gordini is currently on display at the National Automobile Museum of Tasmania. He was the test bed of the Gordini R8. R12 and 310 Alpine. Kermit is a regular participant in the Targa Tasmania Rally and in 2005 won his class.
    Colin Rose - Kermits Kaptain

Quote Originally Posted by pandora
    He was the test bed of the Gordini R8. R12 and 310 Alpine.
    Call me an édredon humide or a BOF or whatever. But there must be enough distorted history on the net already. So just a teensy tiny correction. At no time did Amedee Gordini use the 4CV for a Gordini testbed or as a prototype. All initial testbedding and prototyping by Gordini for Renault was done with the Dauphine.

Thanks for all your help, I will write an article on the 12G, will contact David soon, and would like to include the Berwick car too if possible.

If all goes well the article should appear in Australian Classic Car in December.

Does anyone have some info on Gordinis involvement with Renault. I have some info on pre Renault which should be sufficient.

Peter,
    I have heaps of info on Mr G and Renault, your welcome to gp through it. What I don't have I'm sure Simon could send us over any missing links.

Between Simon, myself and a few others here we could pretty accuarately come up with Gordini's life story.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh
    Peter,
    I have heaps of info on Mr G and Renault, your welcome to gp through it. What I don't have I'm sure Simon could send us over any missing links.

Between Simon, myself and a few others here we could pretty accuarately come up with Gordini's life story.

David.
    I think someone should Wiki it once we have all the Gordini info available and correct. There is very little there on Renaults in general.

I vote you Simon

David.