What intake is this?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default What intake is this?

This is my R8 engine, but it's not the original. The intake is off of another car/engine but I don't know what it came from. Can anyone tell me what it is from looking at that picture. It's not a stock R8 intake so I'm told. If you notice one area near the fastener is welded and that area cracked again and I'd rather find a new intake so if you could tell me what this intake is off of I'd very appreciative. Thanks in advance,

Advertisement

Herb Mooney
    1966 Renault R8

Are you sure it is from another car, looks like it could be a custom built setup.
    Ross:

1989 Alpine GTA Twin Turbo
    1963 Renault R8
    1996 Peugeot 106 S16
    1967 NSU Prinz 1200TT
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Are you sure it is from another car, looks like it could be a custom built setup.
    It is definately Renault and looks to fit perfectly with the exhaust header (which is homemade).

If I can't identify it, what Intake manifolds are you using in high perf applications for the 1.3 and 1.4 motors found in R8/R10/R5/etc.? I may just have to take this off and have it fixed if I can't find a replacement.

Thanks,

Herb

Quote Originally Posted by mooneys
    It is definately Renault and looks to fit perfectly with the exhaust header (which is homemade).

If I can't identify it, what Intake manifolds are you using in high perf applications for the 1.3 and 1.4 motors found in R8/R10/R5/etc.? I may just have to take this off and have it fixed if I can't find a replacement.

Thanks,

Herb
    Herb looks like a R8s manifold I can see a part number on the manifold could you please post this and someone would be able to do a check on their parts books. Regards Mark

i think it's a R8 S or Gordini

Says 8S on side badge. I knew of two in Melbourne English imports. One Pommie guy bought his 8S and factory 1300 R10 over when he immigrated.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by MARK BIRD
    Herb looks like a R8s manifold I can see a part number on the manifold could you please post this and someone would be able to do a check on their parts books. Regards Mark
    Thanks, here's the info onthe manifold:

APF
    7700502219E

I'd also like to ID the Transaxle, where are the numbers on that? I couldn't find a tag.

Herb

Thanks, here's the info onthe manifold:

APF
    7700502219E

I'd also like to ID the Transaxle, where are the numbers on that? I couldn't find a tag.

Herb
    Thanks Herb we will see what we can do back to you soon

Tadpole

I was able to find out that my motor is a mixed bag of parts. It has a 1.1 head and a 1.3 block and probably a R10 intake and 32 36 Weber Carburator. It might even have higher compression pistons so I guess we realy can't identify the motor since it's not really a complete motor, oh well, runs good and fast

Thanks for the help.

Herb Mooney

Thanks Herb we will see what we can do back to you soon

I was able to find out that my motor is a mixed bag of parts. It has a 1.1 head and a 1.3 block and probably a R10 intake and 32 36 Weber Carburator. It might even have higher compression pistons so I guess we realy can't identify the motor since it's not really a complete motor, oh well, runs good and fast

Thanks for the help.

Herb Mooney
    Herb I cant ID it from my parts book but if you post a help on Froggies someone with a parts book will be able to help. Its not to hard as the parts books have a numerical listing in the rear. I would say any manifold from a 8S, or late R12 with weber not solex will work fine. Trouble is I thought that American R12s had the 1600 motor in it so this manifold found on late Aussie ones might not be available. However did the U.S. get the 1300 R10 if so this would fit. Basically any manifold for a weber double downdraught to suit a "Sierra" motor would fit. 1100cc to 1400cc. Did the Alliance come with a 1300 motor and weber carby.

Herb I cant ID it from my parts book but if you post a help on Froggies someone with a parts book will be able to help.

That manifold looks like it would be from a US spec R10 which had the emissions equipment damper for the twin choke Solex carby bolted to where the two threads appear to be on the pic. It isn't 8S as that has a "log" shaped manifold like a "normal" 10, but oviously with he fittings for the Weber carby.

The States never got the 12 with the 1.3 or 1.4 litre motor, just a fairly asthmatic version of the 16TL motor with the same power as the 1.3 litre 12 available on the early US spec 12's :-). Then progressing through to the 1647cc with crossflow head on the later cars.

Tadpole

THANKS!!! Simon & MARK BIRD.

So since it's a US spec R10 maifold is there any chance I have a better option if I look around on ebay or here at Aussie Frogs? Was there ever a dual carby manifold I could look for that would fit my 1.1 head or my 1.3 head (another head I have which has lots of performance work build in)?

Herb

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    That manifold looks like it would be from a US spec R10 which had the emissions equipment damper for the twin choke Solex carby bolted to where the two threads appear to be on the pic. It isn't 8S as that has a "log" shaped manifold like a "normal" 10, but oviously with he fittings for the Weber carby.

The States never got the 12 with the 1.3 or 1.4 litre motor, just a fairly asthmatic version of the 16TL motor with the same power as the 1.3 litre 12 available on the early US spec 12's :-). Then progressing through to the 1647cc with crossflow head on the later cars.

Was there ever a dual carby manifold I could look for that would fit my 1.1 head or my 1.3 head
    Pierre Ferry of France developed a manifold along the lines of the 8S manifold for a single twin choke downdraft Weber (it looks like the US spec manifold on your car). Autobleu developed an intake manifold/ extractor combination for a sidedraft Solex/Weber, both of these were available in France in the 1960's whether any survive is another thing. Also there is the Australian Lynx crossover intake manifold for a single sidedraft Weber that occasionally surface. Mecaparts do have a manifold for a single side draft Weber listed on their site http://www.mecaparts.com/Allu-carbu/...tie=html&col=7

The only twin sidedraft carby manifolds for the wedge head Sierra motors I've seen have been fabricated.

Thread Information