Renault Wins F1 constructors championship 2005
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Renault Wins F1 constructors championship 2005

Renault Wins F1 constructors championship 2005 (edited:vivid spoiler)

Another great win by Fernando Alonso ! an Renault wrap up the F1 for 2005. Love it.

Renault CREATEUR D'AUTOMOBILES - CREATEUR D'FORMULA1 CHAMPIONSHIP

Advertisement

WoooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by vivid; 16th October 2005 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Spoiler

Administrator

Yeah baby

Xsara VTS (04)

GO RENAULT - I'm going to tell all my Ferrari supporting mates about this tommorow!

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Excellent work to Alonso

Fisy performed alright too, though 2nd would have been nicer.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

I noticed in the last hour my 16 can now drag Ferrari's from the lights!!

Powered by high grade French plutonium.

1000+ Posts

Default Serves em right!

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    I noticed in the last hour my 16 can now drag Ferrari's from the lights!!

yeah serves them right for parking under the street lights - fraidy cats

I missed the race, but this is GREAT NEWS, I us hope renault australia USE THIS TO RENAULTS advantage with a advertising blitz, well some ads and even more important, how about some HUGE signs at dealers so people can see it

they could BE PART OF A WINNING TEAM with renault.......

I await the Renault Scenic F1 edition :-)

Great news

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/

Chinese GP 2005, Sunday
    Fernando's seventh win of the season, and fourth place for Fisico, brought Renault F1 Team the 2005 Constructors' Championship. We are the champions!

Order your F1 TShirt already | T-shirt World Champion 2005

Be among the first to reserve the well-deserved World Champion 2005 t-shirt. Available from mid-October. 100% cotton.

http://store.renaultf1.com/en/produc...378&mode=categ

Last edited by Covert; 16th October 2005 at 11:56 PM.

One thought I missed channel TEN's coverage.... WHAT DID THEY SAY those BAR honda toyota loving Honkys ......

All I can say is Fck you ten ...... RENAULT WON, now they have to get with the real world.........

And I did not watch the coverage..... so I may have to eat my words as someone corrects me.......

Chinese GP: Race - Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
    Fernando's seventh win of the season, and fourth place for Fisico, brought Renault F1 Team the 2005 Constructors' Championship. We are the champions!

This afternoon at the Chinese Grand Prix, the Renault F1 Team won the FIA Formula One World Constructors’ Championship. A dominant team performance saw Fernando Alonso take his seventh win of the season, while Giancarlo Fisichella finished fourth, only missing a podium finish through a questionable penalty from the FIA late in the race. But the day was dominated by joy: the constructors’ championship comes alongside Fernando Alonso’s drivers’ championship to leave Renault as double world champions, an historic first for the French company.

Fernando Alonso, Winner
    This is a fantastic feeling. I didn’t think anything could equal winning the drivers’ championship, but seeing our people celebrating, it’s just as good! I am really so happy today, and there is only one word to say to them: thank you. The race was actually very easy. We only used full power on the engine in the first part, and we saw we were quicker than everybody so we turned things down and went conservative for the second part. Honestly, it was like the opening races when we had an advantage and could manage ourpace. But today is about the team, they deserve to win, and now we are team and drivers champions. Weshowed that when we want to push, and take the risks, we can win races.

Giancarlo Fisichella, 4th position
    I am so happy for the whole team, because we are now champions of the world. That was our target today, and we did the best possible. I enjoyed the race, because the car balance was fantastic and I could keep the McLarens behind easily in the first stint. I was just managing my pace at the start, driving within the limits to let Fernando build a good lead, and I was still in a strong position when the FIA penalised me. I don’t know why, because Raikkonen did the same in Belgium and nothing happened to him, and it was a shame not to be able to celebrate on the podium with Fernando and Flavio. Overall, this has been a fantastic year for me, my best in F1. I have won a race, scored podiums and helped the team to be world champions. I bounced back strongly after the criticism last weekend, and this is the best fourth place of my life.

Patrick Faure, President
    This was a perfect weekend for the team. The race was full of emotion, and we twice had a big advantage wiped out – but even in the third part of the race, we pulled away. Nobody could stay with the Renaults today, and nothing could stop us from winning. This has been a perfect season, and I would like to congratulate the whole team, thank Flavio for his excellent management, and also pay tribute to our partners, who have enabled us to win. This victory is a welcome reward for all their work, and a great moment in Renault’s history.

Flavio Briatore, Managing Director
    A great victory for Renault and the whole team. We managed the drivers’ chase well this season, and after that people built up the constructors’ championship as if it was the most important title in this sport. So to come here this weekend and dominate the race shows we have done the job right this year, both with Fernando and as a team. We have shown speed, reliability, and the whole team at Enstone, Viry and in Renault has worked flat out to make this happen. I also want to thank our sponsors, who allow us to go racing, and the Renault group for their fantastic support at every level. All those people are the reasons why we are world champions today. The last word goes to our drivers: Fisico drove brilliantly this afternoon, and after he was criticised in Japan, he put in a splendid performance; Fernando was, as always, superb. I think this a Renault team is a dream team.

Pat Symonds, Executive Director of Engineering
    The constructors’ championship means so much to the team, not just here at the circuit but back at Enstone and Viry where people have worked with such dedication throughout the season. This is the recognition of all the work they have done, and we send our congratulations to them. The race itself did not unfold as expected, and in all honesty I wish the safety car periods had not happened, because that would have allowed us to show the true performance we have gained in the past few weeks. To win the championship with a dominant race win is the perfect way to round off an amazing season. I would also like to thank Michelin for their efforts this year, and congratulate them on their fabulous success. It is a fitting tribute to the vision of Pierre Dupasquier as he retires after this race. There has not been a race this year where the conditions have not suited their tyres, and today was no exception. They have dominated from start to finish.

Renault F1 Team
    16 Oct 2005
    Last edited by Covert; 16th October 2005 at 11:49 PM.

God the commentary was lame though. Please Channel 10, please don't try that again.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    God the commentary was lame though. Please Channel 10, please don't try that again.

Couldn't agree more about the commentary.
    And did you notice; anything to do with "michael" couldn't possibly have been his fault.
    As far as I could see, he clearly moved left and caused the crash before the race started and although the replay was not good it seemed to me that he spun off the track (under pace car conditions) all by himself.

Roland

PS.I drive Pugs but that doesn't stop me from saying very well done to Renault (F1) and Citroen (Loeb-WRC).

Fellow Frogger!

I'm overly spoiled by having it live on 4+ channels (though none of them in English, I watch the Belgian French version and switch to German in the 1 or 2 ads), but has Channel 10 ever got it right? I don't actually remember Ch 9 getting it right either really. I dont think the Euro ones are anywhere near perfect and they have their biases but they are heaps more informed.

Whats the problem with Aussie commentators? Ok, they are far away from this action and the old touring car stuff used to be better as they could talk to the teams, but for F1 its just a pure farce. It wouldn't take much for them to gather a decent set of info from a lot of the online sites and make a few informed quotes, even if that was their only source of information.

Unfortunately that monopoly over TV rights in Oz just makes it very hard to change by viewer preferences. I bet the incoming satellite feeds are well controlled too to stop the live feeds arriving too.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Great results. i thought it was great stuff.

Re: commentary - what was REALLY annoying to me was seeing the Channel 10 news later - the sports report had the ITV commentary on the footage - it was there all along, just "delusions of grandeur" on Channel 10's part - thinking they could do a better job. All those periods of silence with comments like "The safety car is out, but we don't know why, we'll let you know" - well guys, how about just listening to the ITV guys who are actually at the circuit and can see whats happening!

The final straw was when they got Renault and McLaren mixed up in the constructor points announcement at the end
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Congratulations to Renault. I was a fan of Renault back in the early 80's, with my favourite cars being the RS10, RE40 and RE50.

It was a shame that Prost lost the WDC back in 1983, as I believe Renault thoroughly deserved to win the first turbo WDC after pioneering and defeating the odds that the 1500cc turbo would never work.

Renault again proved supreme with their V10 since the late 80's and finally after nearly 30 years of trying, it's paid off. I would have preferred they started their own team ala Toyota rather than buying out Benetton because Benetton were also a personal favourite, but with the costs involved they would not have survived too much longer I guess.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Re: commentary - what was REALLY annoying to me was seeing the Channel 10 news later - the sports report had the ITV commentary on the footage - it was there all along, just "delusions of grandeur" on Channel 10's part - thinking they could do a better job. All those periods of silence with comments like "The safety car is out, but we don't know why, we'll let you know" - well guys, how about just listening to the ITV guys who are actually at the circuit and can see whats happening!

The final straw was when they got Renault and McLaren mixed up in the constructor points announcement at the end

How about when Crompton said that Schumacher (I think he was talking about) had driven in 500 GP's
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE
    How about when Crompton said that Schumacher (I think he was talking about) had driven in 500 GP's
    Yes that was a moronic thing to say, and Bill Woods snide remarks about some drivers futures were pretty nasty as well.

I almost long for the days in the mid 1980's when Grand Prixs were direct telecasts, with no local content whatsoever - just the station ID, followed by the race - no stupid guitar music during (poorly timed) commercial breaks (do the station promo guys think that anyone who enjoys motorsport MUST love loud crappy 80's rock?) - and no inane local commentary before and after.

Back to the V8's guys, leave F1 to the pro's :-)

To all you Ren-Heads congratulations!!!! , Renault (beneton) & Flavio have had unfinished business in F1 for a while; so now pack up the show and go and win WRC; since PSA are pulling it should be there for the taking! - Chris
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

I'll second that!! f'n useless fruitloops at ten.

Congratulations to Renault!

Neil Crompton is a dick, that is all

I bet they are still

yeah renault
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

1000+ Posts

Can we all make an effort to point at EVERY:
    - Mercedes
    - Ferrari

Driver & laugh incredibly hard at their failures too?

hehehe We won!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahha

Renault engeneers at Viry chatillon just made a record of the RS25 singing "we are the champions"

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/season/c...ws=tcm:3-41651

click on "sound" lower right button

video of the resume GP!

alonso singing we are the champions....

http://rapidshare.de/files/6348920/alonso.avi.html
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/doomii/China200...Team_Radio.avi
    ya ya

It's great to have Renault back at the top. If you were in the Toyota F1 management you'd be searching for answers.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    It's great to have Renault back at the top. If you were in the Toyota F1 management you'd be searching for answers.
    Yes it's excellent to see the little Diamond lozenge at the top of the pile again. May-be n assault on the WRC is a good option. I was watching the rally wrap-up on Fox the other day and they say Citroen may be back as soon as 2007? What's with the year off then?
    A Renault assault on the CART championship would be a good in road for renault back to the USA. They should mount an all out Green-frog team with all 3 manufacturers joining as one and try that.

I don't think that Toyota can be too dissapointed, they are the new kid on the block in F1 and it'll take them a few more years to find their fast wheels but as much as we all don't want it I am sure they will win an F1 crown before too long.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information