Renault at sydney motorshow 05?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault at sydney motorshow 05?

Call out to Sydney Aussiefroggers going to Sydney motorshow 05.
    I was wondering if anyone can take some photos and post them up here, maybe give a run down of the show and what renault had on their stand or any tidbits of interesting news...

Advertisement

No photos, but I was there this afternoon for a preview.

There are two orange RS (one clio, one Megane225), a replica F1 car, Burgandy coloured Scenic, couple of megane's (cabriolet, sedan, hatch) and a Traffic van which has some neat "signwriting". It was a photo on the side and back indicating what the van would look like all decked out as a workshop, was printed on self-adhesive vinyl and stuck on. Imagine the whole side of the van and the back doors all decked out in this manner.

They were giving away a poster of Alonso straight after his World championship win, just got printed yesterday apparently. As it was trade day, none of the stands were in full blown give away mode for the punters. It was invite only drinks and nibbles on most stands, particularly the "prestige" stands.

Nate from here is going to be on the stand tomorrow as a guest of renault extolling the virtues of the RS range so no doubt he will have stories and photos to tell over the next few days.
    KB

Yeah the RCS was very cool in this orangy colour with the off center stripes, Megane RS CUP was awesome too, the wheels really suit the car and certainly do give it a mor agressive stance over the non CUP version - well in my opinion anyways! New Scenic was there, Traffic van and the range of Meganes! Also met a fellow frogger Nate working on the stand - nice to talk to ya!

As for photos, my digital camera is broken and my mates didnt get any photos of the Renault stand

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    Yeah the RCS was very cool in this orangy colour with the off center stripes, Megane RS CUP was awesome too, the wheels really suit the car and certainly do give it a mor agressive stance over the non CUP version - well in my opinion anyways! New Scenic was there, Traffic van and the range of Meganes! Also met a fellow frogger Nate working on the stand - nice to talk to ya!

As for photos, my digital camera is broken and my mates didnt get any photos of the Renault stand

Stalled
    That orange was completly hideous . Good luck with re-sale value if you bought it that colour. Only worse colour at the show was a Mazda6 is this darkblue bubblegum teal vomit . I dont know how some manufacturers arrive at such appaling colours.

1000+ Posts

Ummmm i gots 200Mb of pics from the show...

PM if you need em!

I thought the Renault stand was really good actually. The Trafic was great also. There could have been an interesting Renault concept car though. Much the same as Citroen. Not enough French concept cars.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Ummmm i gots 200Mb of pics from the show...

PM if you need em!
    ARe you going to host some of them, be well interested dude?

Cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    ARe you going to host some of them, be well interested dude?

Cheers
    Dave
    if you PM me some FTP details i can put them up, i dont have any hosting myself & unfortunately dont have time to look for any

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    if you PM me some FTP details i can put them up, i dont have any hosting myself & unfortunately dont have time to look for any
    Hi Nate, I can host them if you like...
    Will PM you when I get back from the shops..

David.