RX4 bargin
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: RX4 bargin

Default RX4 bargin

Just happened to drop by Fowles Auctions Tuesday , picked up an absolute bargin.
    MY2001 RX4 Privilege, Dune(actually green met.) 98000km, full service history, ACT origin car. Not too shabby either, just needs an outer boot lhs rear d/shaft and brake hose same spot.
    Everything works too.
    Registered, insured and on the road for less than $14,000
    I am back in the seat now, and for the first time have a very good(fingers crossed smiley here) car to drive every day and one to fiddle on.

Chris. ..............pics soon.

Advertisement
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Icon14

woohoo! what a bargain!!!
    congrats!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Registered, insured and on the road for less than $14,000
    What a bargain. Outback here we come hey Let us know what its like to live with.
    A woman I know at Renault told me they were thinking of bringing out an auto version of this at the time they were being made. I think somehow if they did that they would have been more popular. I would have bought one. Sydney traffic is not designed for manual cars.

wow! great buy!
    well done!

cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    What a bargain. Outback here we come hey Let us know what its like to live with.
    A woman I know at Renault told me they were thinking of bringing out an auto version of this at the time they were being made. I think somehow if they did that they would have been more popular. I would have bought one. Sydney traffic is not designed for manual cars.
    Daniel,
    It will be doing some trekking I hope. Our mechanic yesterday told ne they are good in the rough. After driving it for 2 days I'd beieve him, it soaks up the bumps.
    Auto ....I think if I were to have to swap to an auto for some reason I'd only go with the CDi (direct injection CR turbo 2L) version available O/S. The 2L 16v just wouldn't have the herbs to pull the car with an auto. If it had the Clio engine it'd be OK I think.
    Yes Di, somewhat good value for money I think.
    Short opinion, lovely to drive and ride in. Will be cheap on fuel for a while till the novelty of dual sunroofs wears off too.
    Chris

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Congrats and remember to watch out for the fuel filler door!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Congrats.With me not realy following renault cars post fuego, I was thinking that by buying a RX4,you were joining the rustymunger rotor gang, and I was thinking that if I paid 14k for a RX4,I'd be keeping it to myself.Glad to see you are still part of the renault gang. and haven't wasted your 14K.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Congrats.With me not realy following renault cars post fuego, I was thinking that by buying a RX4,you were joining the rustymunger rotor gang, and I was thinking that if I paid 14k for a RX4,I'd be keeping it to myself.Glad to see you are still part of the renault gang. and haven't wasted your 14K.
    Jo
    It'd have to be a serious rotor in a extremely good RX-4 to be worth even half of that $$ me thinks

Definatly back in the Renault fold...when Sue tells eveybody what I bought they can't believe I bought such a late model that won't need fixing(touches wooden desk very hard) for a while.

Chris

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Definatly back in the Renault fold...when Sue tells eveybody what I bought they can't believe I bought such a late model that won't need fixing(touches wooden desk very hard) for a while.

Chris
    Won't need fixing..., I'm in the same boat as you! :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney

Bullsh*t Daniel....apart from the fact that I don't believe you would have bought one, the things aren't that powerful in manual form so an auto would have been a complete slug.

They are lovely, $14,000 is indeed a major bargain.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Congrats and remember to watch out for the fuel filler door!
    I think the tip there is dont try and open it with the car locked...
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I think the tip there is dont try and open it with the car locked...
    Yes opening or trying to open fuel door with c/locking engaged would be disasterous!
    I noticed the fuel door has to be held against spring hinge to open properly as the hinge pushes the door towards the side of the panel where the locking mechanism is making it harder to open. Still no hassle though.
    All in all, after only a few days an Scenic RX4 is a very easy car to live with.
    I had a look through my Renault brouchers and found one for the RX4 when it was released in Australia, quite an optioned up vehcile in Privilege guise actually.
    Driver/passenger/rear passenger air-bags, ABS, Traction control, Stability control, and approach-departure and ramp angles that'd be the envy of many a 4WD vehicle.
    Reckon I should go take a 2001 rav4 for a spin Monday and see how it compares. I do know they have nothing on the RX4 in the looks individuality department. I actually parked beside one the other day and the Scenic was a little larger.(and sexier looking to boot.)
    Chris

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

I actually parked beside one the other day and the Scenic was a little larger.(and sexier looking to boot.)
    I agree with that one a Rav4 isnt in the same league and cant be compared to a Renault in any way.

Thread Information