What has happened to Renauli enterprises in Sydney?
  • Register
  • Help

Icon2 What has happened to Renauli enterprises in Sydney?

Does anyone know if this company is still in operation? It was in western Sydney?

Advertisement

Tadpole

Closed down a few years ago. Mechanic Bob retired, owner Bob sold out.

Missed them terribly, as they had looked after all my various Renaults for 25 years!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Does anyone know if this company is still in operation? It was in western Sydney?

They couldn't compete with Colliers Daniel.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFuego
    Closed down a few years ago. Mechanic Bob retired, owner Bob sold out.

Missed them terribly, as they had looked after all my various Renaults for 25 years!
    last I heard the workshop was bought by a guy who did his apprenticehip at Renault. He moved it next door to where it was, and kept going at lesser level space wise than previously. "owner bob" still plays around with historic motorcycles in the old workshop (or did the last time I was there), and mechanic Bob did retire for a while as a result of a heart attack but was last heard working at a truckyard. Haven't been there for over 12 months however, so I guess the landscape could change.

Thanks guys pity about that as they were a great parts sourcer.

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10
    last I heard the workshop was bought by a guy who did his apprenticehip at Renault. He moved it next door to where it was, and kept going at lesser level space wise than previously. and mechanic Bob did retire for a while as a result of a heart attack but was last heard working at a truckyard. Haven't been there for over 12 months however, so I guess the landscape could change.
    The guy you are refering to is Richard, the last time I was there (about 2 years ago) he had taken over the business, but concentrates on the mechanical side of things, not so much spare parts. Bob the mechanic had taken up a job at a truck yard, but not long after had an accident there where he lost part of a couple of fingers! Don't know whether he still works there. They were a good bunch of blokes, very helpful and if you were a regular (as I was and my father before me), you got good discounts!
    Yes they are definitely missed!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

They were good people. When I was younger and penniless my 16ts collapsed its front suspension in the main drag at Cooma. (the bolts holding the lower control arm to the body just snapped). This buggered the shaft, the lower control arm and the torsion bar.

I rang them because I had bought a second hand motor off them some years before...explained that I didn't know when I could pay them...they sent the parts immediatley and invoiced me.

I purchased a replacement engine for my 20 from them as well...great motor plus a load of valuable advice....as I said above really good people.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Thread Information