parts info
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: parts info

Tadpole

Default parts info

hi every one this is my first time on this forum, can any one tell me where a renault dismentaler is for megane2 bodies. i am after a xenon headlight kit. and sat nav kit

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by peterd
    hi every one this is my first time on this forum, can any one tell me where a renault dismentaler is for megane2 bodies. i am after a xenon headlight kit. and sat nav kit
    Neither of which were sold on Australian Megane 2's?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Sat nav is available, and I thought xenons were optional on the 225 but now there seems no mention .

http://renault.com.au/renault/vehicl...ane/offers.asp

Anyway DIY fitting of these things would probably jeopardise the car warranty, at least to the electrics and associated parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Sat nav is available, and I thought xenons were optional on the 225 but now there seems no mention .

http://renault.com.au/renault/vehicl...ane/offers.asp

Anyway DIY fitting of these things would probably jeopardise the car warranty, at least to the electrics and associated parts.
    The Sat Nav device is a seperate third party supplied unit. Not integrated with the car in any way. I'd be very suprised if that would be left with the car at a wrecking yard, plus the fact that it has only been offered by Renault for the past 13 days ;-)

Interesting that the RSM225 are not fitted with Xenons, yet appear to have the headlight washers (which I believe only appear in Europe with the Xenon option on Meganes!)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Interesting that the RSM225 are not fitted with Xenons, yet appear to have the headlight washers (which I believe only appear in Europe with the Xenon option on Meganes!)
    I get the impression that the RSM was despecced for Australia, probably in an attempt to reduce the price late on in the piece. I guess it was easier to lose the xenons, but probably had to keep the washers at the late stage. It does seem strange the RSC has xenons, but the RSM only has them possibly on special order.

Very embarrasing question: what exactly are Xenons as a whole assembly? I was thinking they were just a bulb but I think there's more to it than that. I can see that it's not a projector style of headlight but beyond that I'm in the dark, so to speak...

And the reason for the embarassment: we have them on our Laguna.

A nice summary seems to be provided on the Audi glossary site:

http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1/glo...eadlights.html

Icon10

The new RMS cup comes with xenons but I didn't know that it was an option on the std 225???
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR
    Very embarrasing question: what exactly are Xenons as a whole assembly? I was thinking they were just a bulb but I think there's more to it than that. I can see that it's not a projector style of headlight but beyond that I'm in the dark, so to speak...

And the reason for the embarassment: we have them on our Laguna.
    The Audi summary is excellent, in terms of trying to retro fit them to a non-Xenon equipped car, you'd be up for a whole headlight unit (refectors etc) plus the High Voltage transformer module which tends to be located near the headlamp unit itself.

Thread Information