How's the intercooler standing up?
  • Register
  • Help

Default How's the intercooler standing up?

For those lucky buggers who have owned a RSM 225 for some time now, I'm wondering how well the intercooler / radiator is standing up to impact from very small objects?

Advertisement

The reason I ask is that I'm very interested in the RSM 225 Cup and I am wondering about the durability of these components with that very open lower intake.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by BlueyZarzov
    For those lucky buggers who have owned a RSM 225 for some time now, I'm wondering how well the intercooler / radiator is standing up to impact from very small objects?

The reason I ask is that I'm very interested in the RSM 225 Cup and I am wondering about the durability of these components with that very open lower intake.
    I haven't had a problem yet, but I can understand your concerns. the most I've had on the intercooler was a few bugs from a long trip. Nothing else seems to get through.
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

David,

Thanks for the response.

Happy motoring (not that you need to hear that from me as I'm sure the RSM ensures that)

Slightly different application, but the intercooler on my 505 hangs down about 40mm below the front bar, and the core has an exposed area of about 130 x 400 through the opening in the front bar. It's been on dirt and gravel as well as normal roads, and has covered 30,000 + km without even losing any paint (currently flat black).
    I couldn't imagine it being too great of a risk. I avoid following trucks though, just to be sure.

Thread Information