renault play football
  • Register
  • Help

renault play football

Has everyone heard the terrible news announced in a press release dated last Thursday the 11 April. Renault Australia have done the unthinkable and announced a sponsorship agreement with the Collingwood football club for the 2002 and 2003 seasons. Eddie McGuire (Collingwood President)is reported to be
    absolutetly delighted, and why wouldn't he be, he gets to drive a Laguna while all us Bomber fans are left crying into our Vic Bitter.

sob sob, go bombers.

David.

Advertisement
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

I saw that press release also. i think its terrible. WHy couldnt they sponsor or partner something else..

Why is it so bad Daniel? Renault Australia in the 1970's sponsored football (Collingwood?) as well, so you could say it is part of Renault tradition in Australia.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts
    Yes, I agree Dave. Bloody Collingwood, of all teams! I'll bet that not one Collingwood member drives a Renault. Mainly because they couldn't spell it on the accident reports...

I noticed the logo on the jumpers when they did us over last week by one point. Bah!

Stuey (Eagles & Emu Bitter - the REAL Bitter dead )

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Bloody knerfball only thing to do is sell the R10 what a disgrace would have been better spent sponsoring a race series like the Clio or the european R5 series

<small>[ 14 April 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</small>
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

I don't think a race series would have quite the same marketing impact as (bloody) football...

Don't get me wrong, I wish it would, but I just can't see something like that getting more than 5 mins on RPM or something like that...

If it gets more Renaults on the road then that's OK. Shame they'll all be footy lovers wink
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

I couldnt think of a better way to promote the Renault brand here in Australia. I always thought that if Renault are to stay here, they must spend a large amount of money on advertising and sponsoring to sell the cars here. Peugeot's have always sold well in Australia and even Aussie's recognise 'Pugs' as good cars....the same however cannot be said about Renault.

When i came back to Australia from 5 years in Europe in 95, i couldnt believe Renault had actually quit Australia. I suppose thats what happens when there's no market for a product.

I like Renault's new ads although as a car maker that has just been introduced to Australian's, they should make it clear that they are not another Daewoo, Kia or Hyundai piece of crap. They should exploit their succes in motorsport and the fact that the company is steeped in over 100 years of history.....like Collingwood!!!! UP THE MAGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah point taken renaultturbo, but still why BLOODY COLLINGWOOD, we do have "real" football teams here with a long history.

GO BOMBERS,

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

I suspect Renault may be wasting their advertising budget. The average redneck footy head wouldnt know a good car if he/she/it was run over by one after staggering away from a drunken brawl (most footy heads I've met tend to say "get a Holden ya poof"). Better off sponsering a cricket team if they insist on advertising in a populace sport.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

You've got to be careful with generalisations such as this - remember, many organisations have corporate boxes at the larger ovals, and many mid/high level managers also attend and enjoy the game.

Not to mention TV coverage etc.

I worked for a company once with a CEO who was dead keen on football, he lived in Toorak, drove a Lexus etc. etc. and was on about a $2.5 million salary. I guess he wouldn't want a Renault wink
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Renault looks good in black and white...UP THE MAGGIES!!

Tadpole
    Dear fellow renault compaedre!

Well I do agree with the balck and white you have mentioned. But lets get to the serious side of things which is renault performance. Well after a great deal of research and know how, I have come to the conclusion that the renault package is very limited. Even though my fathers upgrade to the J7R it still has limited potential. I would prefer something that doesnt have to rev its tits off to make power! Dont you agree? If you would like my father has a spare J7R set up complete minus the block, which is just lying around so if you would like a set up like this he is willing to sell due we are moving to Queensland. We are currently living in sydney. So if you would please let me know. Karn the PIE!!!!!!! frown

Thread Information