Carpets for a 16?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Carpets for a 16?

hi guys

Advertisement

have tried Moulded Car Carpets here in WA, with no luck, they list only the 12 and Virage ... is there anyone in OZ who stocks carpets for a '76 16TS? Black of course!!

cheers f.

From memory there are not too many complex bumps in the carpet of a 16, certainly not the front set. Id say an auto trimmer would be able to knock up a decent set fairly quickly and overlock the edges.

For anything complex, such as bumps or footwells, make up a mould (using builders spray foam etc.) then apply a heat gun to the back of the carpet over the mould (heat gun set to below singe and burn) pressing the carpet to conform to shape. But Im sure the 16 would be a simpler operation, especially for a decent auto trimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    From memory there are not too many complex bumps in the carpet of a 16, certainly not the front set. Id say an auto trimmer would be able to knock up a decent set fairly quickly and overlock the edges.

For anything complex, such as bumps or footwells, make up a mould (using builders spray foam etc.) then apply a heat gun to the back of the carpet over the mould (heat gun set to below singe and burn) pressing the carpet to conform to shape. But Im sure the 16 would be a simpler operation, especially for a decent auto trimmer.
    thanks Simon

I'll start chasing up auto trimmers ... as you said .. it can't be that hard!!

chssre f.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackyellow
    thanks Simon

I'll start chasing up auto trimmers ... as you said .. it can't be that hard!!

chssre f.
    Agreed, no bumps or complications.. I have a set out of the car, looks very straight forward, do you have existing carpets to go on? I was planning on doing some measurements and diagrams to post up anyway.

Will be making myself up a couple of sets sometime down the track.

David.