For all you clio 182 f1 lovers, this MIGHT MAKE YOU SICK....
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default For all you clio 182 f1 lovers, this MIGHT MAKE YOU SICK....

This was at Pickles' auctions on 9/10/05

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For all you clio 182 f1 lovers, this MIGHT MAKE YOU SICK....-1.jpg   For all you clio 182 f1 lovers, this MIGHT MAKE YOU SICK....-2.jpg   For all you clio 182 f1 lovers, this MIGHT MAKE YOU SICK....-3.jpg   For all you clio 182 f1 lovers, this MIGHT MAKE YOU SICK....-4.jpg  

1000+ Posts

Default Male reaction

Quote Originally Posted by v8can
    Hmmnnn - wife drove it into a telegraph pole?

The tyres/rims look in pretty good nick

In Australia: ‘05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: ‘09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

That Clio Cup has been there a while. I remember it posted here before the fire went through, it was discussed then because it was such a new car.
    Me thinks was probably some knob who has driven rear drive cars bought it and was thinking to himself, don't lecture me I know cars(aka the guy in the king-gee ad from years ago and the dingy..Don't lecture me I know boats)...then proceeded to drive through the corner,paniced>lift-off, loss of control and bamm...telephone pole
    I wonder how hard a Cup engine>>> Scenic RX4 transplant would be?? Make a nice every day car then.
    Actually I'd love to shoe horn the engine into my R10S rep. What name would I use then? R10-182
    Would make a good motorkhana special, with transverse rear engine/gearbox
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 9th October 2005 at 10:39 PM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Icon9 tragic!

...and then there were 29
    Aus
    anyone know which number it was?
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Actually I'd love to shoe horn the engine into my R10S rep. What name would I use then? R10-182
    I dunno, I reckon that engine might be pretty stuffed as well :-(
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Looks like he missed that braking marker....

Engine might be stuffed, but there might be some goodies salvageable, depending on what it can be bought for. Rims, cup suspension, and the exhaust bits that give it the extra 10hp over the rcs 172....
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Oh no, not the $500 stripes! Can someone salvage them?

Fellow Frogger!

then proceeded to drive through the corner,paniced>lift-off, loss of control and bamm...telephone pole
    Then it would be unlikely that he would hit the pole head on.

Such a shame on a great car. Hope the driver was ok?

Quote Originally Posted by mantra

Then it would be unlikely that he would hit the pole head on.
    Picky picky....was just trying to paint a picture.....well may-be he was street racing dragging Pug 206 Gti's If so, serves him/her right...keep it for the track where it belongs.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

XTC

Other 182 F1 Clio owners could be happy, it's like a stamp, the more morons who write them off, the more the few left are worth (maybe ?)

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    ..the more morons who write them off, the more the few left are worth (mayby ?)

- xTc -
    maybe, just maybe....

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    maybe, just maybe....
    Yep maybe.

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Other 182 F1 Clio owners could be happy, it's like a stamp, the more morons who write them off, the more the few left are worth (maybe ?)

- xTc -
    An interesting point. But that doesn’t seem to have happened with the 2001 MY Clio Cup cars, however there were 85 of those compared to 30 of the F1 Cup Clio’s. I’d say you would have to mothball an F1 Cup car to realise any sort of collectable status over the next say 20-30 years, and after that you would probably have done better by investing the money in some sort of term deposit, or at least using the car and enjoying it. As an example, does anybody know if the 205 Classic (last of the 205 GTi’s) is worth any more than a “normal” Pug 205GTi of the same age and condition?

- xTc -
    In theory yes, but renault has just announced the 182 on special with all the F1 CUP (gear on it free) $34990
    04' GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by blackster
    In theory yes, but renault has just announced the 182 on special with all the F1 CUP (gear on it free) $34990
    Ah the expensive white stripes are now cheaper! I would imagine the "value" of the F1 Cup is not so much the equipment level but the actual F1 Cup limited edition tag.

Maybe that's important for some folk - not for me I'm afraid...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Hi Guys,

I actually called up and the lady said that its been sold last week....

Cheers,
    Kenn.
    2002 RCS 172 Silver - Stock

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Ah the expensive white stripes are now cheaper! I would imagine the "value" of the F1 Cup is not so much the equipment level but the actual F1 Cup limited edition tag. Maybe that's important for some folk - not for me I'm afraid...
    Its worth an extra 5kw at least! And we get the V6 spoiler...

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    I’d say you would have to mothball an F1 Cup car to realise any sort of collectable status over the next say 20-30 years
    Out of interests sake - How would one "mothball" a modern day car for 20-30 years ? drain all the fluids YES/NO, take off all rubber items that could crack and break down YES/NO, Save 10,000ltr of fuel as there won't be any YES/NO.

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Out of interests sake - How would one "mothball" a modern day car for 20-30 years ?
    There are special preservative oil that could be used to fill the engine and gearbox, probably similar stuff to what the military uses to long term store some of their vehicles. Things like brake fluid would probably be better off replaced regularly to prevent internal corrosion. Then again a factory fill would less likely be oxygenated than something poured in by the owner. Perhaps again there is some sort of preservative brake fluid that could be sourced.

The other things that would likely suffer from lack of use are shock absorbers and tyres, I remember UK Car magazine testing a Clio Williams that had been stored for a while for a B2B comparison with an RS Clio, it needed new shockers after the storage for it to be used. Probably all depends on the storage conditions too. Dry, dehumidified, not too hot and not too cold and out of the sun would be the orders for successful storage.

There would be only a few examples of mothballed “everyday” cars I know off, a 20 millionth limited edition VW Beetle, never registered, that sold for about $15K ish eight years or so ago. Then there was a Martini Olive VW Beetle from the final Australian assembled batch that was sold about 10 years ago, the asking on that was $18K, then there is the final Chrysler Valiant manufactured, with delivery k’s, that recently sold for about $30K. So looking at those cars in isolation, it has to be a vehicle of significance for it to command big bucks in present day terms.

Even using the UK example of the Patrick Collection where they purchased new, significant or low mileage examples of everyday cars for preservation, when those cars were sold of due to economic circumstances in the late 90’s they did not realise any windfall over their initial list price. In reality with a car, you are better off getting some enjoyment out of it, even with minimal use on fair days keeping the k’s down and the cogs happy rather than just sticking it in the garage hoping to make a fortune in years hence.

Nobody (I hope!) ever bought a Renault to make a fortune on resale, but original and well preserved older models are always well appreciated at CD’s!

Ooo, just realised I've infringed the Kenfuego rule by going way OT as well as mentioning Volkswagen in my reply. Where do I send my 50 cents?

Quote Originally Posted by Pug4eva
    The tyres/rims look in pretty good nick
    a few rattles from the front of the car, otherwise in good condition - I see the ad now!
    1970 R12, stupidly sold in 1983
    1976 504, died 1994 to my disgrace
    Various cheap nasty fridges on wheels I'm not going to confess to and are long gone anyway
    2002 Clio 1.6
    2005 Scenic II

1000+ Posts

2 were sold to a guy (NSW) who does paid drives, i.e. thrill seeking rides at tracks & the like...
    I wouldnt be surprised if it was one of these

1000+ Posts

Default Where were we, Oh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    There are special preservative oil that could be used to fill the engine and gearbox, probably similar stuff to what the military uses to long term store some of their vehicles. <Snip to reduce space>
    Ooo, just realised I've infringed the Kenfuego rule by going way OT as well as mentioning Volkswagen in my reply. Where do I send my 50 cents?
    Simon spend the 50 cents and buy another ticket Topic was finished anyway, so no matter and the VVV stuff incidental don't get huffed and puffed about it and I am sure your not that dumb not to understand why I intervened, anyway Richard said it all .

Here in Victoria we have a pretty good relationship with the Eurocca guys and gals and we tolerate the Pug owners at least they join in and I kinda like the dainty citroens, and PeterMelb, and his supporters, Top guy, can't do enough to advance french cars and they even enjoy us talking about our French Fuegos.

Spoiler and irritators, yeah theres a few of them. Helpful guys like yourself and others welcome

Anyway if you got out of line I'd be the first to tell yah

Quote Originally Posted by v8can
    Yes, i bidded up to 4k online on this, it went for 6k or was it 6.8k.

(I had someone check it out on sight, mechanicals weren't that bad, mostly body work)
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information