megane auto probs
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon8 megane auto probs

1999 megane 1.6 auto , i,m having problems with the car stalling when put into drive,i had a code read ,it showed throttle pos. sensor, i replaced it to no avail. the fuel pump relay was chattering like crazy , at the same time a similar noise was coming from the gearbox(sloenoids?) .changed the relay no better,i replaced most things on it ,crank pos. sensor , temp sensor ,cleaned the throttle body ,it just won,t drive,it doesnt stall in reverse,any one had similar trouble ,any input much apreciated, cheers

Advertisement

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by john gooding
    1999 megane 1.6 auto , i,m having problems with the car stalling when put into drive,i had a code read ,it showed throttle pos. sensor, i replaced it to no avail. the fuel pump relay was chattering like crazy , at the same time a similar noise was coming from the gearbox(sloenoids?) .changed the relay no better,i replaced most things on it ,crank pos. sensor , temp sensor ,cleaned the throttle body ,it just won,t drive,it doesnt stall in reverse,any one had similar trouble ,any input much apreciated, cheers
    Not any "faulty" wire in the engine compartement that screws up things when the engine "moves" as you put it in drive? For Example a faulty earth wire between engine-chassis or something? I Know of one Megane that had this problem and the "flat" earth wire between engine and car was broken causing malfunction.
    Tom ---> www.renaultbiler.no
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    PHP Code:
    <? require "Renault Clip tool" ?>
    1980 Alpine A-310 - with 2.5 V6 Turbo
    1983 R30TX - 65000 km
    1993 Espace RT 2.2
    1988 Trafic 2.1D 4x4

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by renaultbiler
    Not any "faulty" wire in the engine compartement that screws up things when the engine "moves" as you put it in drive? For Example a faulty earth wire between engine-chassis or something? I Know of one Megane that had this problem and the "flat" earth wire between engine and car was broken causing malfunction.
    i checked the flat earth wire ,it,s o.k..if i disconect the larger of the multi plugs on the front of the box , it doesnt stall,leads me to think its a problem in the gearbox ,still hoping you guys out there got any ideas ,i appreciate the quick response....cheers

What country are you in?
    I would be taking it to a dealer or mechanic as it sounds very dangerous? Are there any engine warning lights on the dashboard?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    What country are you in?
    I would be taking it to a dealer or mechanic as it sounds very dangerous? Are there any engine warning lights on the dashboard?
    I think France?

C'mon, i'm sure you know Hartlepool is in England
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Thread Information