HELP!!! R19 rough running!!!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default HELP!!! R19 rough running!!!

Howdy,
    havent written for a while coz my 19 (1.7L 1991 phase 1 manual txe) has been going good till now, i knew it was too good to be tru.

Advertisement

Actually been running well, but its havin the shakes now.
    it felt a bit sluggish last week so i left it at home on satday, got home in the arvo, got it in the drive way, all fine, played around check everything was still connected, started it up to put it in the garage, and the easiest way to put it, sounded like a diesel, shook like a truck, misfirin very bad. replaced spark plugs.... no better, cleaned distrib cap inside at points an high tension lead to outside of cap..... still no better, left it there after cracking the poops at it.... still no better!!!!

Thinking now that i shuld replace the leads for fear that they`ve cracked after all this time, speaking to the boys at work today an a few mentioned replace leads then cap an coil, one even mentioned fuel filter, it does need changing but i fail to see how fuel filter will do that, maybe injectors blocked, i really cant figure it out, hoping sum1 out there has a brainwave and can help me, need to know asap before i give her a wash in petrol and dry with a match... act quick ppl hhahah all replies will help no matter how stupid they sound.
    thanx

I had some huge rough running on my old R19. It turned out to be a oxygen sensor issue.
    Maybe try that?

Are your spark plug leads in the correct order after you messed around???
    Jo

1000+ Posts

To check the fuel filter switch in an A meter at the realy (its the one that stops the pump when u pull it) If it draws about 7 or mor A than it's clogged.
    Fuel pressure is about 300kpa.
    But it's possibly in the leads. Check their resistance. Check the rotor button for earthing out. Cracked dissy cap?
    Are the injectors clean and working?
    Assuming the engine is sound with compression up to spec.
    Good luck, but shouldn't be too difficult

Thread Information