R25 Ign and Door Keys
  • Register
  • Help

Default R25 Ign and Door Keys

Anyone know where I can get keys cut for a R25 ? I only have one of each, ignition and door keys that is, and knowing kids the daughter will probably lose them. I want to have a spare set on hand.
    Thanks.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Regie

Anyone know where I can get keys cut for a R25 ? I only have one of each, ignition and door keys that is, and knowing kids the daughter will probably lose them. I want to have a spare set on hand.
    Thanks.
    ANY COMPETENT LOCKSMITH CAN CUT THESE KEYS IF YOU HAVE THE BLANKS. TRY CARRAVELLE OR ANY OF THE AFTERMARKET RENAULT GUYS FOR BLANKS AND TAKE TO YOUR LOCKSMITH WITH YOUR ORIGINALS FOR CUTTING.

farmerdave

The silca numbers for the blanks are VAC64SP for the door key and NE72DP for the ignition. The door key is not common but the ignition key is common to most froggy cars.

Farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdave
    The silca numbers for the blanks are VAC64SP for the door key and NE72DP for the ignition. The door key is not common but the ignition key is common to most froggy cars.

Farmerdave
    Does the ignition key 'need' the slot type hole in the key?
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    Does the ignition key 'need' the slot type hole in the key?
    Dunno, I thought it was part of the mechanisim to stop the key being reoved with the ignition on. Never seen that type without it.

Farmerdave

I've always had my keys supplied and cut at barrenjoey locks,Mona Vale, northern beaches sydney.
    jo

Quote Originally Posted by Regie

Thanks.
    At the risk of doing a Daniel, try www.keys4classics.com this guy has a large range of Silca blanks and will cut to code or on the basis of a scan/photocopy of the original.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Tadpole

The Ignition key definately NEEDS the slot in the tip. It is common to Pugs as well as Renaults Most Locksmiths will have them on their board.
    There are two variations in the blank for the doors. These are not as common but a good locksmith shop will be able to order them for you.

If you can't find anyyone to help, PM me with the codes stamped into the keys and I can get some done for you up here.

Thread Information