My Megane Sport - finally here, finally mine.
  • Register
  • Help
    NFG

Default My Megane Sport - finally here, finally mine.

After a three month wait my arctic-blue Megane 225 is finally here. Arctic blue, and a piece of Renault driving perfection.

The car sat on the lot for nearly three weeks 'cause it arrived early and I hadn't sorted out my finance... But now it's MINE!!

So where's a good place in Brisbane to wind it up a little? =D

Advertisement

See if you can scam a copy of the Renault Expo run route. That would be perfect for packing a few early ks on the car. Some nice open roads mixed in with curves, hiils and dales to bed the engine in nicely.

Hey NFG,
    I had a feeling you might have cancelled your order, as things went a bit quiet at one stage. I think I might have seen your 225 in the parking lot at Springwood, either way I saw a sweet looking blue one last week, parked down the side waiting for someone to come and collect.

Drive wise, as Simon suggested you can't go past a spin up Mt Glorious. I went up ther last weekend for a strap and loved every bit of it. Mt Tamborine isn't a bad run either.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Icon10

Congrats NFG,

I saw your post on meganesport.net. Welcome to "the club"

Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Icon12

Congratulations on the Car. Let us know what you think and send us some pictures. There is an interesting article on the car in todays (sydney) "daily telegraph"

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Congratulations on the Car. Let us know what you think and send us some pictures. There is an interesting article on the car in todays (sydney) "daily telegraph"
    Saw that, its about the Cup model which won much acclaim from the lads at Top Gear.... though they would all still buy the new Golf Gti. - Chris

ps Id take the cup.
    ... ptui!

Tadpole

great choice of car... I picked mine up on friday, took some photos today. I can't wait to see the odometer kick over 1000K's this feather foot stuff is killing me!

Heres mine in techno grey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Megane Sport - finally here, finally mine.-rs225.jpg  

NFG

I think I might have seen your 225 in the parking lot at Springwood, either way I saw a sweet looking blue one last week, parked down the side waiting for someone to come and collect.
    Yeah, that was mine. What a bloody dream to drive. I'll post a review in a few minutes, and maybe some pics of the bug-covered front end. =D

I can't wait to see the odometer kick over 1000K's this feather foot stuff is killing me!
    Interestingly the dealer didn't tell me anything like that, nor did I notice anything in all the documentation I read. If I hadn't seen it on another forum I'd never have known not to rev the snot out of it. As it is I may have exceeded the recommended boundary (why do they hide it in a small paragraph 40 pages into the manual?) by a hair.
    Last edited by NFG; 3rd October 2005 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NFG
    Interestingly the dealer didn't tell me anything like that, nor did I notice anything in all the documentation I read. If I hadn't seen it on another forum I'd never have known not to rev the snot out of it. As it is I may have exceeded the recommended boundary (why do they hide it in a small paragraph 40 pages into the manual?) by a hair.
    Arguably, so long as the oil is warmed up well, it's actually beneficial to stretch your car's legs a little when it's new to facilitate better running in and piston ring sealing.

Don't maintain constant speeds for an extended period of time when the car is new.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Tadpole

Yes i'm not to sure about it either, it is in the manual, but it has also been in every car manual ever produced.
    I mean the cars dont have GM blue 202 motors in them where measurements of clearance and tolerance are "near enough is good enough" or "she'll be right mate". You would hope with todays technology an engine is right from the factory, and as Pug307 said the only thing we should really watch out for is holding it at a constant speed/rev.

I will still probably take it easy for the 650 k's i have left to go....well i will at least refrain from revving it over 5.5K!

Thread Information