What happened to "The Fuego Dilema" posting?
  • Register
  • Help

Default What happened to "The Fuego Dilema" posting?

Deleted?

Advertisement
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Deleted?
    I get the impression some people are a bit precious whenever the words "Volkswagen" and "Golf" are used on AF's. That thread seemed to decend very quickly after those words appeared.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    I get the impression some people are a bit precious whenever the words "Volkswagen" and "Golf" are used on AF's. That thread seemed to decend very quickly after those words appeared.
    Yeah, I started the thread and when I got home it had turned horribly pear shaped very quickly so I decided to delete it...

Thanks to everyone for their feed back.

I'm browsing Shed brochures as I type

Should have heaps left over out of 35K for a full retrim of the Fuego too

Kenfuego called me some really nasty names and then I cried.

I hate deleted posts. Sure, lock them down or remove offensive comments - but deleting them effectively removes the "honest guys" postings, and also makes it seem like a waste of time putting any effort into replying.

There was a thread deleted a couple of years back, it was full of really good info, the sort of stuff that you'd search for later - but someone had a dummy spit and all the hard work went to the great bit-bucket in the sky.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    I hate deleted posts. Sure, lock them down or remove offensive comments - but deleting them effectively removes the "honest guys" postings, and also makes it seem like a waste of time putting any effort into replying.
    I would've preffered a few posts be moderated but I don't have that ability and those that do weren't around at the time and the thread was heading down a well worn path to oblivion...

Sorry...

I agree. Lock the thread, but please don't delete it. It's a poor reflection on the management of the forum.

Europa: Let me know if you want a copy of the thread.

1000+ Posts

Default Humourous?

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Kenfuego called me some really nasty names and then I cried.

of course if the c ap fits!!

perhaps this should move to the Pond

I think if somebody wants a new car go for it. If they already have a Fuego -KEEP IT. The new car won't wear out as quickly!!
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Administrator

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    I agree. Lock the thread, but please don't delete it. It's a poor reflection on the management of the forum.

Europa: Let me know if you want a copy of the thread.
    I have moved the thread to a location where I could edit it and it is now restored.

FWIW - Personally I'd say its a poor reflection on the users that lead to any post being locked or deleted...

Regards,

Richard V

Hey cool, thread restored, good onya :-)

Now I can delete this one! hahahahah ;-)

I have to say I was on the point of congratulating you for starting a great thread Richard. I was impressed by the question and by the clarity of the answers and by your response, buying a shed is a serioius asset and will make any further car reno work way easier and enjoyable, come rain, hail or shine. Good to see the thread back. And I hope that such threads get a seperate page like a sticky.

seemed to exemplify the whole process very well, intelligent question, thoughtful answers, wise desicion on basis of discussion.

ed ge

Thread Information